PDA

View Full Version : [video] Glen Bradley speech to the Raleigh Tax Day Tea party on April 15th 2011

GunnyFreedom
04-16-2011, 01:27 PM
I'm going to get this posted as soon as I can since we will be losing power and internet within the hour due to these outrageous storms that have been wreaking havoc in the heartland...

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=2004097467079

This was my first time using an iPad prompter to carry my speech and keep me right at 4 minutes. It was particularly difficult having to look THROUGH the microphone to see the text, but it went a lot better than it would have with printed sheets of paper.

I think I like the iPad prompter idea, and it went well even with the microphone directly in between me and the text. It will be even BETTER when giving a 'normal' speech that does not put the microphone directly in the way.

Texan4Life
04-16-2011, 01:52 PM
awesome thx for sharing. Keep up the good work!

GunnyFreedom
04-16-2011, 01:56 PM
Thanks man, losing internet by pieces and parts right now. Hopefully the message will stick, and the local Tea Parties will focus on the Constitution instead of Reps OR Dems. we seem to be having a positive impact so far!

TNforPaul45
04-16-2011, 02:02 PM
He's catching on! :)

GunnyFreedom
04-16-2011, 03:30 PM
OK we had some tornadoes rumble through, one about 8 miles east of me, and another about 1000 feet away from my legislative assistant's daughter's house. All of us are OK with property intact.

One thing that amazed me is that not only did we notlose power in Youngsville (they have been getting better lately) but with my new CenturyLink DSL line (having switched from Time Warner) we only lost Internet for about 2 minutes during the worst of it. Shoot, I'm used to losing internet whenever a particularly dark cloud obscures the sun!

CenturyLink does have a packet loss issue where pageloads will stall out, but other than they they annihilate Time Warner. This is not an advertisement for CenturyLink DSL, I am quite sure i will find plenty to deeply annoy me about their service as well lol

GunnyFreedom
04-16-2011, 09:09 PM
Here is an even better angle, as captured by Katy's Conservative Corner:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiqBfybpHb0

I'm at about 34 seconds in, but the lady speaking first is my good friend from way back before politics Laura Long.

YouTube link for mobile platforms:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiqBfybpHb0

lx43
04-16-2011, 10:27 PM
Are you running for Governor anytime soon? ;)

Southron
04-17-2011, 02:50 AM
Are you running for Governor anytime soon? ;)

Haha. This is my wish. Forget the rest of the states. Gunny for President of the Free Republic of North Carolina.:D

GunnyFreedom
04-17-2011, 09:29 AM
Oy!

I'm getting this governor thing on my FB wall too. Remember that as recently as June of 2007 I was politically apathetic with zero connections ANYWHERE. A run for Gov requires immense connections with enormous fund-raising capabilities, and more knowledge of how government currently functions than I do right now. Granted, the idea is to CHANGE how government functions, but you have to know where you are so you can get to where you are going.

I might consider it at some point, but it is AWFULLY early to be looking at that right now.