PDA

View Full Version : Congressman Crowley is SPEECHLESS!

madfoot
04-15-2011, 10:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBwsGaGIi9w

COpatriot
04-15-2011, 11:01 PM
I watched it twice.

TIMB0B
04-15-2011, 11:08 PM
Nice waste of paper.

low preference guy
04-15-2011, 11:10 PM
Junior High School level idiocy

goldencane
04-15-2011, 11:52 PM
I watched it twice.

My thoughts too, next week he will be complaining about cutting down trees.

bwlibertyman
04-16-2011, 12:01 AM
They didn't pick up the paper. I thought that was pretty dumb. It's pretty sad that playing partisan politics can when you elections. Lame.

AGRP
04-16-2011, 12:01 AM

That ^

madfoot
04-16-2011, 12:15 AM

To be fair he does make a good point about the jobs thing.

low preference guy
04-16-2011, 12:17 AM
To be fair he does make a good point about the jobs thing.

I don't know. If you were to ask him what the Reps should do to create jobs, he'll probably tell you pass a law that makes it harder for companies to fire workers or implement some government program that hires workers.. If the Reps lowered taxes and eliminated regulations, things which actually encourage job creation, he'd tell you that's not job creation.

COpatriot
04-16-2011, 12:32 AM
What's that saying about complaining and complaining but never offering any solutions?

AGRP
04-16-2011, 12:51 AM
What's that saying about complaining and complaining but never offering any solutions?

His solution is to tax us all to death and throw us in prison if we don't purchase obamacare.

Texan4Life
04-16-2011, 02:07 AM
pfft, that was lame Creepy Crowley.

NYgs23
04-16-2011, 02:12 AM
How was the last election a message about "jobs"? Where does he get that from? And what exactly is a "jobs bill"? The only thing I can imagine it would be is more spendulus. As opposed to real jobs creation measures, like, oh say, cutting corporate gains taxes and abolishing the minimum wage.

P.S. I really hate it when people lick their hands to flip pages. Gross!

Diurdi
04-16-2011, 02:27 AM
To be fair he does make a good point about the jobs thing. The way he would like to see jobs created would most probably lead to destruction of jobs. Public works - woohoo!

madfoot
04-16-2011, 02:28 AM
what's the problem with public works exactly?

Diurdi
04-16-2011, 02:38 AM
what's the problem with public works exactly? Anything the government does is invariably inefficient due to the lack of any profit motives and so forth. When public works are conducted, it's funding comes from the private taxpayer. This means that wealth is being transferred from the productive sector of the economy (the private) to the unproductive (the public) sector of the economy. This misallocation of resources causes unemployment in the private sector.

Obviously some public works can be defendable, but it's always bad from an economic point of view. Creating jobs, after all, is about trying to boost the economy.

To understand it better I suggest reading chapter 4 of Economics in One lesson, 5 pages. (http://mises.org/books/economics_in_one_lesson_hazlitt.pdf)

Stary Hickory
04-16-2011, 05:26 AM
Probably one of the stupidest displays I have ever seen. Typical demogaugery and ignorance, and quite frankly it disgusts me to watch it. As if you can make a "jobs bill" to create jobs, only a liberal idiot would think that legislation can create jobs.

That guy is susch a big government moron that he probably thinks that they can change the color of the sky by simply passing a bill that decrees that it is red. I am now stupider for having watched this clip. Want jobs get the government out of the markets...that hack was NOT arguing for less government intervention he was quite ironically arguing for something that would result in less jobs and greater poverty for the US.

Not to mention he wasnt even trying to make a point just trying to be a political cunt. Well played.

teacherone
04-16-2011, 06:30 AM
what's the problem with public works exactly?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gG3AKoL0vEs

juleswin
04-16-2011, 07:17 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gG3AKoL0vEs

This reply is just as bad of a strawman as the original video. Public workers program is not exclusive to broken window fallacy, rather its is one of the means available to stimulate the economy in a broken window fallacy. For example the Hoover dam was a public works project which did not require any property destruction to implement it. The problem with public works projects is that it is inefficient and it draws/competes with the more efficient private sector for its funds

GunnyFreedom
04-16-2011, 07:27 AM
Hey, if I, silly freshman that I am, can produce a JOBS BILL (http://ncleg.net/gascripts/BillLookUp/BillLookUp.pl?Session=2011&BillID=h587), then surely so could Congress....

steph3n
04-16-2011, 07:28 AM
jobs bill....if the govt would get out fot he way there would be jobs. I don't want more fed jobs!

GunnyFreedom
04-16-2011, 07:36 AM
jobs bill....if the govt would get out fot he way there would be jobs. I don't want more fed jobs!

Yeah, that's kinda the point... ;)

acptulsa
04-16-2011, 07:40 AM
Hey, if I, silly freshman that I am, can produce a JOBS BILL (http://ncleg.net/gascripts/BillLookUp/BillLookUp.pl?Session=2011&BillID=h587), then surely so could Congress....

And did you present this licensing and regulation reform to you colleagues as, specifically, a jobs bill? And did they understand it, or prefer to be wilfully blind to the implications they have on the private sector? :D :D

Best 'jobs bill' ever! Need a moneybomb to get a nice, big stick with?

Thanks, Gunny. Was reading legalese already to help out a friend who is being hassled for parking something on property he owns. This reads so much better than the restrictive tripe I was plowing through before I found your post. :)

teacherone
04-16-2011, 09:46 AM
This reply is just as bad of a strawman as the original video. Public workers program is not exclusive to broken window fallacy, rather its is one of the means available to stimulate the economy in a broken window fallacy. For example the Hoover dam was a public works project which did not require any property destruction to implement it. The problem with public works projects is that it is inefficient and it draws/competes with the more efficient private sector for its funds

right... hoover dam destroyed no property whatsoever.

what do you call the 800 millions dollars (inflation adjusted) taken from the taxpayer to build it then?

public works is indeed representative of the broken window fallacy-- property (taxpayer's money) is destroyed to artificially stimulate an economy.

read some bastiat.