PDA

View Full Version : Promoting the Money Bomb at Ron's MSU Speech

whoisjohngalt
04-15-2011, 04:23 PM
Gage, Qdog, and I are making a trip out to Mississippi State next Wednesday to see Ron speak. We are planning to get the money bomb exposure, and we decided using a banner would be most effective. I'm horrible with graphic design, can someone on the forums help me out and create a nice, professional looking banner we can use?

KCIndy
04-15-2011, 04:53 PM
Good for you guys!

I have zero talent with graphic design. Have you checked with a local print shop? Often, if you take in the basic design idea along with the digital graphics, a print shop can help you put things together.

As a second option, have you considered handing out fliers in addition to the banner?

whoisjohngalt
04-15-2011, 05:24 PM
Fliers were the original idea that I had, but others seemed to think the banner would be a lot more cost effective. We would need to start a chipin to make the fliers a truly viable idea. Hopefully, we can be just as effective with a banner, but I want to get something that looks official/professional to use.

KCIndy
04-15-2011, 05:31 PM
If you don't get any responses here, make some phone calls to a few printers in your area and see if they could assist with the digital design.

As far as the fliers go, it might not cost too much to have some basic fliers printed up with the basic information for the money bomb, and perhaps a brief explanation of what a "money bomb" is for those who might not know. One good thing about a flier is that anyone interested in donating will have something tangible to hang on to, and best of all, they won't have to try to remember any web addresses.

Good luck with it!

JoshLowry
04-15-2011, 05:43 PM
Gage is pretty good at graphics. A designer will probably charge >$100

Order your banner from PrintRunner.com unless you can find a better deal on printing.

HarryBrowneLives
04-15-2011, 06:00 PM
I'm working in the area that week and plan to be @ MSU too fellas. It would be good to meet you guys.

Legend1104
04-15-2011, 06:01 PM
I'm working in the area that week and plan to be @ MSU too fellas. It would be good to meet you guys.

Agreed I will be going too. We need to agree to meet each other there.

HarryBrowneLives
04-15-2011, 06:04 PM
Roger ...

whoisjohngalt
04-15-2011, 06:58 PM
Gage will be the one with the giant camera. Just find him and you will find us.

Eric21ND
04-15-2011, 07:37 PM
I think fliers and a banner would be most effective. Did you start a chipin?

Qdog
04-15-2011, 09:00 PM
I just checked the prices at printrunner.com The prices are ok, we can ge 1000 flyers for $98, and a 6ftXft banner for $53, but the shipping to get it here on time is $110!!!

whoisjohngalt
04-16-2011, 12:38 AM
Gage is going to set up a chipin, since he already has an account setup. We already have a flier designed too, and it looks like we are definitely going to do both. If we get a design for the banner ASAP we can use printrunner.com and have it overnighted.

KCIndy
04-16-2011, 12:26 PM
Gage is going to set up a chipin, since he already has an account setup. We already have a flier designed too, and it looks like we are definitely going to do both. If we get a design for the banner ASAP we can use printrunner.com and have it overnighted.

Be sure to post ASAP when you get the chipin going; I'll help.

Gage
04-16-2011, 12:33 PM
Be sure to post ASAP when you get the chipin going; I'll help.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?287898-ChipIn-for-promoting-the-moneybomb-at-MSU

Mallory
04-16-2011, 05:05 PM
Here's another idea.

The banner is a great idea, and much more cost-effectives than flyers/brochures, but some people need the little piece of paper with the info to take home....

What if you give each person a slip of paper with the link to the facebook RSVP page, date, etc? Not a flyer, but just a small slip of paper with all the info, so it seems more like a personal request. (People are more likely to do things when the request is directed at them as an individual, rather than to a group they're a part of).

Using Word Doc, you could probably make 5-6 donation requests per sheet, which is 100 people per 20 sheets of paper. Much cheaper than flyers, but also much more direct, individual-tailor than a banner. (Don't get me wrong, the banner's a great idea, but I think you need both).

Just a thought. :)