PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Trump 26%, Huckabee 17%, Romney 15%, Gingrich 11%, Palin 8%, Paul 5%

RonPaulFanInGA
04-15-2011, 10:26 AM
http://publicpolicypolling.blogspot.com/2011/04/trump-takes-lead.html

Trump's broken the perpetual gridlock we've found at the top of the Republican field, getting 26% to 17% for Mike Huckabee, 15% for Romney, 11% for Newt Gingrich, 8% for Sarah Palin, 5% for Ron Paul, and 4% for Michele Bachmann and Tim Pawlenty.

freshjiva
04-15-2011, 10:30 AM
Without Trump, Paul gets bumped up to 8%.

Ugh. We've got to break into the double digits...

sailingaway
04-15-2011, 10:52 AM
If you take Trump out of the mix Huckabee leads with 22% to 16% for Romney, 15% for Gingrich, 12% for Palin, 8% for Paul, 6% for Pawlenty and Bachmann, and 3% for Haley Barbour.

If you look at the field with Huckabee, Palin, and Trump all out of the mix you end up with a showdown between Romney and Gingrich. Romney gets 25% to 23% for Gingrich, 13% for Paul, 10% for Pawlenty, 8% for Bachmann, and 4% for Barbour.

Personally, I think this is about egging Trump on to 'go after' Obama in the embarrassing way he has. I'm hoping my fellow GOP are not so dumb to be manipulated into actually VOTING for someone who gave $50,000 to Rahm for his mayorial election. Hoping, but not sanguine.....

sigh.....

Brett85
04-15-2011, 10:54 AM
Personally, I think this is about egging Trump on to 'go after' Obama in the embarrassing way he has. I'm hoping my fellow GOP are not so dumb to be manipulated into actually VOTING for someone who gave $50,000 to Rahm for his mayorial election. Hoping, but not sanguine.....

sigh.....

But couldn't part of Trump's popularity be do to the fact that he's a non globalist?

sailingaway
04-15-2011, 10:57 AM
But couldn't part of Trump's popularity be do to the fact that he's a non globalist?

Do you trust anything he says regarding his positions? Now he's against abortion, (but his details are sketchy) before he was for. He gave money to Rahm and Hillary but is supposedly non-globalist? I don't buy anything about him.

kpitcher
04-15-2011, 11:00 AM
If he's announced he's running when does he have to stop doing the apprentice? Didn't Law & Order have to stop airing because of Thompson?

sailingaway
04-15-2011, 11:01 AM
If he's announced he's running when does he have to stop doing the apprentice? Didn't Law & Order have to stop airing because of Thompson?

Apparently he is going to make an announcement of when he will make an announcement of what he will do, the last day of the Apprentice, whenever that is.

Brett85
04-15-2011, 11:06 AM
Do you trust anything he says regarding his positions? Now he's against abortion, (but his details are sketchy) before he was for. He gave money to Rahm and Hillary but is supposedly non-globalist? I don't buy anything about him.

He's talked about bringing our troops home from around the world if these countries won't actually pay us for defending them. Trump is still far from perfect, but he's still my second choice behind Ron. All of the other candidates are simply generic Republicans who represent a return of the Bush years.

sailingaway
04-15-2011, 11:07 AM
Talk is cheap. He put his MONEY on Hillary and Rahm.

He spoke out for Hillary in the last presidential campaign. She was not the 'peace candidate'.

Sola_Fide
04-15-2011, 11:10 AM
He's talked about bringing our troops home from around the world if these countries won't actually pay us for defending them. Trump is still far from perfect, but he's still my second choice behind Ron. All of the other candidates are simply generic Republicans who represent a return of the Bush years.

You can't be serious bro!

ssantoro
04-15-2011, 11:13 AM
What real proof is there that Trump is not a globalist? If he were approached by TPTB it would just be a matter of $$$ and he would be a ballerina for anyone.

The Dark Knight
04-15-2011, 11:15 AM
if Trump wins it just shows the establishment is as strong as always.

Romulus
04-15-2011, 11:17 AM
if Trump wins it just shows the general public is completely ignorant as always.

Fixed it for you.

sailingaway
04-15-2011, 11:19 AM
I'd probably vote for Obama and divided government if Trump got the nomination and there was any danger of his winning. Not because I think Obama is better but at least divided government acts as a restraint. Fact is, I don't think Trump would win the nomination even if he ran, but he'd draw from others because a bunch of people don't research records. His record is that of a media whore.

ds21089
04-15-2011, 11:21 AM
In a perfect world, Donald Trump promotes liberty and knows Ron Paul is our best bet. He's going to shake the establishment and create a 3rd party, then urge Ron Paul to join that party and he'll endorse him completely; giving him the huge amount of supporters he accumulated in the process. He'll then pay for the gathering of tons of like-minded people to endorse Ron Paul and we'll have a 3rd party Ron Paul victory 2012!

*wakes up*

Damn... If only...

MelissaCato
04-15-2011, 11:49 AM
Donald Trump !! YOUR FIRED !!! Just don't fire Latoya Jackson. ;o)

Ron Paul 2012 !!!

qh4dotcom
04-15-2011, 11:53 AM
Trump's message to Republican candidates: Coverup for Obama at your own risk...