PDA

View Full Version : Morning sheds light on tornado damage in Okla town

hillbilly123069
04-15-2011, 08:46 AM
I posted this catagory because of the example set here by the Salvation Army. Sunrise and already on the scene. No FEMA to minimze confusion. Did I say minimize? I lived in Ft Smith Ark at the time of the OKC bombing. Local Red Cross dispatched immediately. I was a volunteer on standby, but never got sent out. Aid on site immediately. This is the distinction on the shameful and criminal display the federal government showed during Katrina. The Red Cross and Salvation Army act with an army of volunteers and resources where the gov blockades incoming help and stands around shaking hands congratulating everyone on a good effort.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_severe_weather;_ylt=Avms5ZmBFfatDgLTkbXy2UBH2oc A;_ylu=X3oDMTM1ZXUwMzUxBGFzc2V0A2FwLzIwMTEwNDE1L3V zX3NldmVyZV93ZWF0aGVyBGNjb2RlA21wX2VjXzhfMTAEY3Bvc wM0BHBvcwM0BHNlYwN5bl90b3Bfc3RvcmllcwRzbGsDbW9ybml uZ3NoZWRz

payme_rick
04-15-2011, 10:41 AM
Heard about the storms on the radio this morning... sad to hear... But it made me pop in an old CD that mentions the hardest hit OK town of Tushka... 2nd amendment friendly part of the verse I must say... Song written by James McMurtry, was listening to Ray Wylie Hubbard's cover of it:

"He stopped off in Tushka at that Pop's Knife and Gun place
Bought an SKS rifle and a couple full cases of that
Steel-core ammo with the burred-in primer
From some East-block nation that no longer needs 'em
And a Desert Eagle that's one great big-ole pistol I mean
50 caliber made by bad-ass hebrews and some
Surplus tracers for that ole B.A.R. of Slayton's
Soon as it gets dark we're gunna have us a time
We're gunna have us a time..

No real rhyme to it, but I love that song...

goldencane
04-15-2011, 10:52 AM
Heard about the storms on the radio this morning... sad to hear... But it made me pop in an old CD that mentions the hardest hit OK town of Tushka... 2nd amendment friendly part of the verse I must say... Song written by James McMurtry, was listening to Ray Wylie Hubbard's cover of it:

"He stopped off in Tushka at that Pop's Knife and Gun place
Bought an SKS rifle and a couple full cases of that
Steel-core ammo with the burred-in primer
From some East-block nation that no longer needs 'em
And a Desert Eagle that's one great big-ole pistol I mean
50 caliber made by bad-ass hebrews and some
Surplus tracers for that ole B.A.R. of Slayton's
Soon as it gets dark we're gunna have us a time
We're gunna have us a time..

No real rhyme to it, but I love that song...

First of all, I love that song as well. Ray Wylie Hubbard's version is good, but I like McMurtry's even better!

Also, I have relatives in Tushka. Their house was completely destroyed and place of business seriously damaged (and the school that the kids go to was flattened as well). Luckily they had a storm shelter though, so they are safe. Anyways, I ask everyone to keep them, those who died, those who were injured, and anyone else effected by this tornado in your thoughts. Thanks.

goldencane
04-15-2011, 11:07 AM
And I can attest to the action of the Red Cross. They immediately showed up, rescued people, set up shelter, and fed people.

payme_rick
04-15-2011, 11:20 AM
First of all, I love that song as well. Ray Wylie Hubbard's version is good, but I like McMurtry's even better!

Also, I have relatives in Tushka. Their house was completely destroyed and place of business seriously damaged (and the school that the kids go to was flattened as well). Luckily they had a storm shelter though, so they are safe. Anyways, I ask everyone to keep them, those who died, those who were injured, and anyone else effected by this tornado in your thoughts. Thanks.

For sure in my thoughts, and prayers...

As for the two versions, I love both, but prefer the groove of RWH's... But that groove makes the song wayyyy too damn long ha...

raiha
04-15-2011, 07:44 PM

Sorry to hear that. I hope they recover well.