PDA

View Full Version : GREENVILLE SC TEA PARTY RALLY BEFORE THE 1st PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE

knarf
04-15-2011, 06:37 AM
http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=198157323557412

****************** ORDER NOW! ***********************
SEATING WILL BE LIMITED! --- THIS WILL BE A SOLD OUT EVENT!

Pre-registration pricing of $25.00 for the first 50 sold.
Then price will increase to $35.00.
We will have numerous speakers from the liberty movement.
So far we have the following confirmed:

Jack Hunter (Southern Avenger)
Ray McBerry (States' Rights advocate)
UPDATE: Ron Paul is confirmed to be in the debate right next door, right after the Rally!

We are currently working out details with some very high-profile speakers. We will be adding updates to this event frequently as we get more speakers confirmed. So be sure to check back often.

Tentative schedule (subject to change)
3pm - 7pm Luncheon & Speakers
7pm - March & Rally from Hyatt to Presidential Debate location
9pm - Debate starts
11pm - 1am VIP After party (?)

We plan to have video & TV setup for debate viewing at the Hyatt for those who do not have tickets to attend the Presidential Debate.

How you can help:

We need sponsors for this event. Please call asap to get details & reserve your opportunity to showcase your message, organization & products. (Contact Chris Lawton 864.325.6400)

We are in need of donations to cover various expenses for this event. Any contribution is greatly appreciated.

We could also use volunteers for a variety of things. If you can help in any way, please contact Nicole Quinn at 864.556.9540.

Please pass this information on to all of your friends.

PLEASE BUY YOUR TICKETS NOW!!! The price will be increasing soon, and we expect to sell out. Plus we need the ticket money asap so we can start using that revenue to pay for our upfront costs, etc.

Please sent payment to Chris via PayPal at chris@chrislawton.com (add $1 per ticket for PayPal fee). Or send certified check or postal money order (Priority mail) to:

Chris Lawton
4 Oak Tree Dr
Taylors, SC 29687

UPDATES -- Jack Hunter aka Southern Avenger has confirmed & Judge Roy Moore is checking with his schedulers - still waiting for return call on Ron/Rand Paul & Jesse Ventura

knarf
04-15-2011, 07:34 AM
Ron Paul is confirmed to be in the debate right next door!

sailingaway
04-15-2011, 08:41 AM
Should Ron be in a rally BEFORE the debate? I suspect whether he shows up will depend on whether his team thinks that is good strategy. Jack Hunter is terrific, though!

You just joined, though, and are asking for Paypal donations. It might be a good idea if you posted something demonstrating your bona fides.

sailingaway
04-15-2011, 08:50 AM
Well, for what it's worth, I will say someone named the same name as that facebook profile has been active in liberty events in SC and donated to Ron's campaign in 2008.

knarf
04-15-2011, 08:59 AM
Should Ron be in a rally BEFORE the debate? I suspect whether he shows up will depend on whether his team thinks that is good strategy. Jack Hunter is terrific, though!

You just joined, though, and are asking for Paypal donations. It might be a good idea if you posted something demonstrating your bona fides.

I posted for my friend Chris Lawton and Nicole Quinn. I have nothing to do with this. I am just spreading the word.

The Dark Knight
04-15-2011, 09:02 AM
do not put jesse ventura on the forum, the MSM will start to tie him to Ron and even though I like him somewhat, its bad for the campaign

Razmear
04-15-2011, 09:05 AM
I can personally vouch for Chris Lawton. He was the opening speaker at the Spartanburg event and has been a force for RP in the SC.

sailingaway
04-15-2011, 09:14 AM
I can personally vouch for Chris Lawton. He was the opening speaker at the Spartanburg event and has been a force for RP in the SC.

Great! It sounds like a terrific way to rev people up for the debate! Although, Gary Johnson seems to be a speaker, from your other thread. And Ron isn't. Who is this for, Ron or Gary? What will the signs in the march from the event to the debate say?

knarf
04-15-2011, 10:33 AM
do not put jesse ventura on the forum, the MSM will start to tie him to Ron and even though I like him somewhat, its bad for the campaign

yeah, your right, unless there is a mini debate :) but that wont happen.

po14015
04-15-2011, 11:10 AM
Should Ron be in a rally BEFORE the debate? I suspect whether he shows up will depend on whether his team thinks that is good strategy.

From 2008, he will have a fundraiser before the debate. And he will have to go to the debate around 5. So my guess is that he would not speak before the debate. I don't ever remember him speaking to a large group before a debate. It was always after.

And don't forget, he will most likely be the last interviewed (if he is at all) following the debate which would be around 11pm to midnight. So he wouldn't even get to the location until midnight to 1AM.

sailingaway
04-15-2011, 11:21 AM
So this is really for Gary? Not Ron?

knarf
04-15-2011, 11:26 AM
So this is really for Gary? Not Ron?

It is not really FOR any of the speakers, it is for the ones in attendance

knarf
04-15-2011, 12:20 PM
bump

JoshLowry
04-15-2011, 12:32 PM
Make sure we have plenty of bodies at the debate location.

devil21
04-15-2011, 01:51 PM
$25? Seriously? I can't say I've ever paid to go to a political rally before. Who is getting this money?

knarf
04-15-2011, 03:04 PM
$25? Seriously? I can't say I've ever paid to go to a political rally before. Who is getting this money?

Are you serious? Tom Woods wants $5000 to speak for 30 minutes. Judge Napalitano wants $25000!
The area at the hotel has to be rented with deposit. People that dont charge to speak, want you to pay
for their hotel room and food.
If $25 is to much for you, dont come!

knarf
04-15-2011, 04:22 PM
bump

devil21
04-15-2011, 04:43 PM
Wow I thought these liberty icons were speaking out of the goodness of their hearts, not because they're getting paid!

knarf
04-15-2011, 05:41 PM
Wow I thought these liberty icons were speaking out of the goodness of their hearts, not because they're getting paid!

some do but most dont

knarf
04-15-2011, 08:28 PM
bump

BarryDonegan
04-15-2011, 11:00 PM
It doesn't matter how good your heart is when you are traveling around the country all the time speaking; if you don't get paid, you don't have money to cover travel costs.

po14015
04-15-2011, 11:32 PM
I have updated RonPaulDebate.com
http://www.ronpauldebate.com/

And $25 is a bargain especially if they have a line up of speakers.

But they will need money sooner rather than later.

So buy your ticket now.

And here is the chip in for the homemade Ron Paul banners:
http://rp12.com/
(not my site or chip in)

devil21
04-16-2011, 01:37 AM
It doesn't matter how good your heart is when you are traveling around the country all the time speaking; if you don't get paid, you don't have money to cover travel costs.

I dunno....I thought stuff like writing books and selling them to members of this movement, or being on TV and generating ad reveneue payments would cover a $150 hotel room for a night.

knarf
04-16-2011, 11:01 AM
I dunno....I thought stuff like writing books and selling them to members of this movement, or being on TV and generating ad reveneue payments would cover a $150 hotel room for a night.

I would think so too. I guess there is a price for liberty!

sailingaway
04-16-2011, 11:14 AM
]No one is answering if this is really for Ron Paul or for Gary Johnson. GJ is speaking at this event and Ron is not. If Ron Paul supporters are going to an event to walk together carrying signs to the debate, they will want it to be for Ron, not a mix of people or messages. They wouldn't want the media confused as to whom they as individuals supported. At least, if you think differently, you need to be upfront about this not being to support Ron Paul so those going there for that express purpose don't fail to have their own meeting spot and rally, thinking this is the one they are looking for.

Being on the west coast, I am not going to this particular event. But if I were, my whole POINT in going would be to support Ron Paul. I would be really pissed off if I went to an event posted on a Ron Paul forum as a rally before the event and march together to the event, that was vague on its purpose and actually was to 'introduce' a competing candidate to Ron. I've asked and not been answered. What will the signs in the march to the debate say? Will they be for Ron Paul or for other candidates?[/SIZE]

knarf
04-16-2011, 01:25 PM
Like I answered before, I am all about Ron Paul, and I bet we dont see one Gary Johnson sign, but hundreds of Ron Paul signs!

devil21
04-16-2011, 02:22 PM
Is this going to house Ron's after debate rally and speech? If not, it should.

whoisjohngalt
04-16-2011, 02:31 PM
Anyone who goes to this should print out some fliers for the money bomb or promote it in some way at the event.

Cowlesy
04-16-2011, 03:05 PM
bump

po14015
04-17-2011, 08:39 PM
So I am going to make a few calls for sailingaway tomorrow to get your questions answered.

I actually think the "Tea Party" name could be a great way to get other people besides Ron Paul Patriots into an event. We need to stop preaching just to the choir. The time limit to plan this on the S.C. debate will hurt it, but this idea could be used well when marketed correctly at the next debates.

I didn't see the thread about Gary Johnson being there, and I will ask. But does anyone know that he is even running except us? Does he really have a large number of supporters?

And in 2008, Ron Paul rarely told where he would be after a debate. So unless the Official Campaign has organized it, I doubt anyone will know even if he will speak after it. But I never saw him not speak if there was a large number of supporters at an event next to the debate.

As far as I know, no one else has stepped up to create an event for Ron Paul to speak at. And what I see about the people organizing this event, they are Ron Paul supporters. So I see no reason why I wouldn't promote it. But I will tell you right now that this event will need money now. And without it, we could miss a great opportunity.

Here is the new chip they just set up:
http://greenvilleteaparty.chipin.com/greenville-presidential-debate-tea-party

sailingaway
04-17-2011, 09:03 PM
He was in one of the videos posted as a speaker. I thought he was supposed to be a confirmed speaker, but I didn't parse it carefully. That was the impression the video gave.

I don't disagree about needing outreach. However, just before an event where people are going to create a presence for the media, is when I would expect people to want to stage their signs in front, and get together is a pure Ron Paul block. Each person has to make their own decision, but that isn't the time I would want people to think I was there to support a different candidate, if it were me.

This isn't an after event, it is a before event, which is the kind of thing I'd be looking for WITH Ron Paul supporters, to get together in force. I just had been asking whether this was that, and got the impression, but no real answer, that it was not. The vagueness and GJ as a speaker made me think it might be to make it look like GARY had this much support. We have been getting that kind of suggestion from Gary's supporters, that we all sort of support both and have 'one of them' drop out later, but that isn't what most flying to SC to support Ron would be looking for.

I think Jack and the Judge are great speakers. That isn't it at all, it is the logistics of gathering to maximize the visibility of Ron's support that I was thinking of. However, whatever you are doing isn't an issue, as long as people aren't thinking it is something it isn't, imho.

po14015
04-17-2011, 10:38 PM
"However, whatever you are doing isn't an issue, as long as people aren't thinking it isn't something it isn't, imho."

I agree.

My guess is that they can't get Ron Paul to confirm to come, so they are trying to line up other speakers just in case he doesn't show up.

IMO, the Official Campaign should be doing these events. To me $10,000 on a national event is money well spent, but it doesn't seem to be part of their strategy.

Shane Harris
04-17-2011, 10:49 PM
not mine but this needs to be seen and taken seriously because its a great design and a great idea. circulate this website and these 2012 brandings everywhere. get them to ron paul himself and jesse benton. its a perfect brand for round 2.

http://ronpauldesigns.blogspot.com/

Shane Harris
04-17-2011, 10:49 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-9W_SLTmW9SE/Taqlde0-1MI/AAAAAAAAAuc/aCbGWKHaU44/s1600/ron-paul-2012.jpg

sailingaway
04-17-2011, 11:13 PM
It looks like this is more for Gary Johnson, who is speaking at this rally, than for Ron, who isn't. I asked questions about that, and didn't get any answers yet.

sailingaway
04-17-2011, 11:14 PM
"However, whatever you are doing isn't an issue, as long as people aren't thinking it isn't something it isn't, imho."

I agree.

My guess is that they can't get Ron Paul to confirm to come, so they are trying to line up other speakers just in case he doesn't show up.

IMO, the Official Campaign should be doing these events. To me $10,000 on a national event is money well spent, but it doesn't seem to be part of their strategy.

The official campaign wouldn't be showcasing an opposing candidate, though.

knarf
04-18-2011, 02:24 AM
This will be a wonderful event!

po14015
04-18-2011, 01:07 PM
So I made a call. This will be a Tea Party Event. So it won't be just Ron Paul Patriots, but I am sending up Ron Paul products to be there.

Gary Johnson and others are invited, but have not confirmed being there.

So on RonPaulDebate.com, I am going to treat this like I would the Republican Debate. If the Official Campaign or just a Ron Paul event is planned, then I will post that as the main area for people to go to.

Personally, I think the idea of the Tea Party event is great. This will allow us to go outside of our base, and we can actually have a chance to influence people.

And Shane Harris: if you want to contact the person who owns the rights to the design, we can talk about marketing it on RonPaulProducts.com We would want to sell it on shirts for $7.99 to $9.99. We can do bumperstickers in bulk for around $.20 and maxing out at a $.99 for one. We would be trying to get the largest amount out to people at the cheapest price. They can call me at 941-962-7660.