PDA

View Full Version : So I was eating lunch today....

madengr
04-14-2011, 09:17 PM
....with 3 coworkers.

#1: "This Libya thing is a mess, siding with rebels that are Al-Queda. The US should not be involved in this"
#2: "The news media in the Middle East says the US is doing the same old same old, meddling with everything."
#3: "Yeah, it's understandable why they hate us so much"
Me: "WTF didn't you guys vote for Ron Paul 3 years ago!"

I just thought it was interesting since these guys are the run of the mill republican, fox news, who voted for the neocon types. I guess it's finally catching on.

torchbearer
04-14-2011, 09:19 PM
i'm hearing a lot of the same thing.
think about this-
the republicans running against obama will have to position themselves on the issues in a way that will almost mirror Ron Paul's policies.

Legend1104
04-14-2011, 09:25 PM
i'm hearing a lot of the same thing.
think about this-
the republicans running against obama will have to position themselves on the issues in a way that will almost mirror Ron Paul's policies.

Exactly. This is why I said on another thread that Running against a war-happy liberal is the best situation Ron Paul could ask for. It forces many to either be against the wars or support Obama.

MikeStanart
04-14-2011, 09:28 PM
My Neocon grandpa who said I "Wasted my time getting a political science degree" and "Ron Paul is wacko" in 2007, apparently loves Rand Paul now. Things are changing. If it's not 2012, it will definitely be 2016. But we'll campaign like there won't be a 2016.

brandon
04-14-2011, 09:35 PM
It's just the cycle of politics.

tremendoustie
04-14-2011, 09:36 PM
And they'll lie through their teeth about their support for liberty, while sounding smoother, using more vapid conservative catch phrases and fewer honest/controversial statements, and wearing a more expensive suit. People's attention spans being approximately 10 minutes, none of them will remember that all these same candidates said the opposite a few short years ago.

Paul will need to hammer each of them HARD on their records. He needs to remind voters constantly that he is the only one who has stood up for liberty for decades. The others were mini bushies until four years ago. They're lying to get elected the same way Obama did.

torchbearer
04-14-2011, 09:38 PM
And they'll lie through their teeth about their support for liberty, while sounding smoother, using more vapid conservative catch phrases and fewer honest/controversial statements, and wearing a more expensive suit. People's attention spans being approximately 10 minutes, none of them will remember that all these same candidates said the opposite a few short years ago.

Paul will need to hammer each of them HARD on their records. He needs to remind voters constantly that he is the only one who has stood up for liberty for decades. The others were mini bushies until four years ago. They're lying to get elected the same way Obama did.

This is true.
Most people's memories can't even go back as far as what they had for lunch. this is how mccain keeps getting elected.

kahless
04-14-2011, 10:19 PM

Exactly. The pre-ordained nominee Mitt Romney, will temporarily sound like Ron Paul to get elected. This is going to be huge problem to deal with, with all the neocon candidates.. Compared to 2007 it is going to sound like we are in the twighlight zone.

Carehn
04-14-2011, 10:25 PM
My Neocon grandpa who said I "Wasted my time getting a political science degree" and "Ron Paul is wacko" in 2007, apparently loves Rand Paul now. Things are changing. If it's not 2012, it will definitely be 2016. But we'll campaign like there won't be a 2016.

I don't think there will be a 2016 run. I honestly think time is up before then. Even if Ron gets in its most likly far to late.

Thats y Im with you in campaigning like there won't be a 2016