PDA

View Full Version : Military Museum Director Flies Flag Upside Down

ronpaulhawaii
04-14-2011, 03:58 PM
http://www.suntimes.com/csp/cms/sites/dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls?STREAMOID=GgqHa QBAQZhNMR_nOYPjvs$daE2N3K4ZzOUsqbU5sYsGwRfoUGVXpoj CBQbvLNU4WCsjLu883Ygn4B49Lvm9bPe2QeMKQdVeZmXF$9l$4 uCZ8QDXhaHEp3rvzXRJFdy0KqPHLoMevcTLo3h8xh70Y6N_U_C ryOsw6FTOdKL_jpQ-&CONTENTTYPE=image/jpeg

DANVILLE — A veteran who placed an American flag upside down outside a war museum in eastern Illinois said he is aware that he’s upset a few people but meant no disrespect.

Harold “Sparky” Songer said he is flying the flag outside the Vermilion County War Museum in Danville as a distress signal over what he sees as lack of support in Washington, D.C., for the nation’s military, ongoing wars fought by the military and other concerns about the way the federal government is run.

the 86-year-old Songer, who is director of the museum and a veteran of three wars, told the News-Gazette in Champaign on Monday. “I’d just had enough, so I stopped talking about it and did it.”

Songer, who served in World War II and the Korean and Vietnam wars and was a POW in Germany
http://www.suntimes.com/news/nation/4803615-418/upside-down-flag-in-danville-aimed-at-lawmakers.html

TIMB0B
04-14-2011, 04:08 PM
They're listening now, aren't they? That's fantastic!

WyoLiberty
04-14-2011, 04:15 PM
Good for him...

In my hometown, population 5000, a guy put out his flag upside down... The whole town got in an uproar, vicious letters to the editor, his property was vandalized and they called him "unamerican" and every other bad name you could think of. My mom, called me and told about the audacity of this guy, hanging his flag upside down. I calmly told her that it is a signal of distress - as in, our country is in distress (which she wholly agrees that it [the country] is indeed, in distress.) I'd love to have been in the courthouse when she educated the clucking hen's where she works... The guy reluctantly pulled down his upside down flag and replaced it with a "Don't Tread On Me" flag...

Some people....