PDA

View Full Version : CNN's Jack Cafferty asks: Is the end of the nanny state in the U.S. inevitable?

TheBlackPeterSchiff
04-14-2011, 03:25 PM
FROM CNN's Jack Cafferty:

At least one in six people in the United States gets government handouts: unemployment insurance, food stamps, Medicaid, rent subsidies, you name it. And lots of Americans get money from more than one of these programs.

Republican Congressman Ron Paul of Texas says we simply cannot afford all the entitlement and welfare programs we currently have. Paul, one of the few voices of reason in Washington when it comes to our debt crisis, is predicting an end to the nanny state in this country.

Paul wrote this on his website on Tuesday:

"Instead of dealing seriously with our situation, so many in Washington would rather allow the chaos that will ensue when all of the dependent people are suddenly cut off. Better to...tell people the difficult truth that government is simply not capable of managing people's lives from cradle to grave as was foolishly promised."

He's right. Think about it. When many of our ancestors came here generations ago, there were no welfare programs like food stamps or rent subsidies. And yet the poor and uneducated, people from places like Italy and Ireland who didn't even speak English, managed to survive and in time actually thrive and prosper in this country.

http://caffertyfile.blogs.cnn.com/

Just saw this on CNN and thought it was pretty cool he invoked RP.

Romulus
04-14-2011, 03:27 PM
Jack <3's Ron

Stary Hickory
04-14-2011, 04:13 PM
I know I can't stand it anymore, I cannot forsee myself putting up with it any longer, I did not ask for this thing and I will not support it.

Jack Bauer
04-14-2011, 04:31 PM
I came across this Cafferty clip in Oct 2008. And I became a convert.

Steve from Pennsylvania (if you are on this forum) - thank you for that letter!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXe7cOsWjwk

acptulsa
04-14-2011, 05:22 PM
Oh, come on. We have fifty states. One of them is bound to remain a nanny state. Federal interference is completely unnecessary.

daviddee
04-14-2011, 10:57 PM

Matthew Zak
04-14-2011, 11:20 PM
I thought he quit or got fired?!