PDA

View Full Version : Glenn Beck slams Bill Kristol/neocon establishment

JohnEngland
04-14-2011, 11:15 AM
People like Bill Kristol, the old style Republican guard – it’s over Bill! It is over! You go ahead and do all your little games in Washington with all your little buddies to hold on to your fiefdom but it’s over! People have listened to clowns like you too long!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9MBFmsWHIA

ravedown
04-14-2011, 11:30 AM
once again-im convinced beck doesn't really know what he's arguing. does he oppose kristol because of the neo-cons support of intervention in egypt? or is beck mad because democracy in egypt means bad news for israel? is he claiming kristol is anti-israel because
he supports regime change in egypt?
why doesn't beck just come out and say- stay out of their business? because he can't-he's convinced fundamentalist muslims will take over and wipe out the jews.
beck is a lost cause.

doodle
04-14-2011, 11:47 AM
isn't back himself a neocon and a pretty cruel one?

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?287122-Pentagon-is-having-second-thoughts-on-Iraq-withdrawal&p=3204257&viewfull=1#post3204257

AuH20
04-14-2011, 11:51 AM
isn't back himself a neocon and a pretty cruel one?

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?287122-Pentagon-is-having-second-thoughts-on-Iraq-withdrawal&p=3204257&viewfull=1#post3204257

Do you even know what a Neocon is? Beck is an Israeli firster not a Neocon. Neocons like the New Deal. Neocons like unbridled illegal immigration for slave labor purposes. Neocons like central banking and crony capitalism.

TheeJoeGlass
04-14-2011, 12:05 PM
Do you even know what a Neocon is? Beck is an Israeli firster not a Neocon. Neocons like the New Deal. Neocons like unbridled illegal immigration for slave labor. Neocons like central banking and crony capitalism.

Well, he is not far from a neocon.

Cowlesy
04-14-2011, 12:07 PM
I think it is important for forum members to understand what ideas constitute that of a "Neoconservative."

To do this, I created a thread a long time ago with quotes directly from Irving Kristol, Bill Kristol's father, who is the original Neoconservative.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?219142-On-Neoconservatism&highlight=on+neoconservatism

Read through what Irving Kristol himself said so that people don't dilute the meaning of "neoconservative" by misusing it.

AuH20
04-14-2011, 12:08 PM
Well, he is not far from a neocon.

He's not even close. Foreign policy doesn't make you a neocon. A hawk. yes. Israeli firster. yes. But the neoconservative label goes much deeper. They're basically disgruntled Trotskyites who left the democratic party. They're freaking progressives with a nastier edge.

Brett85
04-14-2011, 12:08 PM
Do you even know what a Neocon is? Beck is an Israeli firster not a Neocon. Neocons like the New Deal. Neocons like unbridled illegal immigration for slave labor. Neocons like central banking and crony capitalism.

People here use the term "neocon" to describe anybody who's name isn't Ron Paul.

Feeding the Abscess
04-14-2011, 12:10 PM
Title should be "Glenn Beck slams Bill Kristol for not being hawkish enough on Radical Islamic Extremist Jihadists"

juleswin
04-14-2011, 12:16 PM
People here use the term "neocon" to describe anybody who's name isn't Ron Paul.

My definition of a neocon is anyone who is willing to use the american war machine in support or protection of Israel. Any cuts they support is all to the goal of freeing up for tax payers money to achieve the above stated goal. Glenn Beck = Neocon

AuH20
04-14-2011, 12:20 PM
Irving Kristol, the father of Neoconservatism explains this wicked ideology. Kudos to Cowlesy's informative thread that should be stickyed:

It has always been assumed that as the United States became a more highly organized national society, as its economy became more managerial, its power more imperial and its populace more sophisticated, the intellectuals would move inexorably closer to the seats of authority--would, perhaps, even be incorporated en masse into a kind of "power elite."...Well, it has happened here--only, as is so often the case, it is all very different from what one expected. It is true that a small section of the American intellectual class has become a kind of permanent brain trust to the political, the military, the economic authorities. These are the men who commute regularly to Washington, who help draw up programs for reorganizing the bureaucracy, who evaluate proposed weapons systems, who figure out ways to improve our cities and assist our poor....

Brett85
04-14-2011, 12:23 PM
My definition of a neocon is anyone who is willing to use the american war machine in support or protection of Israel. Any cuts they support is all to the goal of freeing up for tax payers money to achieve the above stated goal. Glenn Beck = Neocon

Well you just made up your own definition then. According to your definition, Rand is a neocon since he supports selling weapons to Israel.

doodle
04-14-2011, 12:32 PM
Do you even know what a Neocon is? Beck is an Israeli firster not a Neocon. Neocons like the New Deal. Neocons like unbridled illegal immigration for slave labor purposes. Neocons like central banking and crony capitalism.

Did you watch him blushing while celeberating "thousands of schools built and millions of vaccinations of children in Iraq done" while he defends tax payers funded Iraqi reconstruction/war violence? That's a centerstone of neocon ideology.

That said, he could also be bi-winning bi-polar, so it would be easy to find another clip where he takes an entirely different position as the weather changes in America. But throughout Bush regime, he was recruited to sell endless wars, patriot act, bailouts, open borders and everything else as a lead neocon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6C6E6ayh4U

juleswin
04-14-2011, 12:33 PM
Well you just made up your own definition then. According to your definition, Rand is a neocon since he supports selling weapons to Israel.

Please dont confuse my definition as being anit Israel. A neocon wants to help as in use american might, weapon aid (i.e free weapon) and foreign aid in support of Israel. Rand if what you said is true, want Israel to do the protecting my engaging in trade with the MIC for their protection. So Beck = Neocon and Rand should know better than trying to tell the MIC who and who not to sell their products to

LibertyEagle
04-14-2011, 12:40 PM
Please dont confuse my definition as being anit Israel. A neocon wants to help as in use american might, weapon aid (i.e free weapon) and foreign aid in support of Israel. Rand if what you said is true, want Israel to do the protecting my engaging in trade with the MIC for their protection. So Beck = Neocon and Rand should know better than trying to tell the MIC who and who not to sell their products to

No, you are wrong. Please go read what Cowlesy posted. Irving Kristol was one of the first neoconservatives and helped coin the term. Don't you think he might know what a neocon really is? When you make up your own definitions for things, you just make the whole term meaningless.

Brett85
04-14-2011, 12:44 PM

Beck has said several times that while he's a personal fan of Israel, he doesn't support giving them foreign aid.

Brett85
04-14-2011, 12:45 PM
Did you watch him blushing while celeberating "thousands of schools built and millions of vaccinations of children in Iraq done" while he defends tax payers funded Iraqi reconstruction/war violence? That's a centerstone of neocon ideology.

That said, he could also be bi-winning bi-polar, so it would be easy to find another clip where he takes an entirely different position as the weather changes in America. But throughout Bush regime, he was recruited to sell endless wars, patriot act, bailouts, open borders and everything else as a lead neocon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6C6E6ayh4U

Big deal. Many of us were neocons during the Bush years and then changed. He recently said that we should pull completely out of the Middle East.

doodle
04-14-2011, 12:48 PM
Big deal. Many of us were neocons during the Bush years and then changed. He recently said that we should pull completely out of the Middle East.

Do you find him to be a sincere, credible man and not a demagogue?

Sure after Obama replaced Bush, number of ceocons have decreased, many probably by looking back at things. But most media pundits on MSM in my view are more opportunists than converts.

So does he oppose patriot act, Iraq war, bailouts, torture now or just has stopped talking about them?

The Dark Knight
04-14-2011, 12:50 PM
I agree Traditional Conservative. Why is there so much time on here bashing beck? how many other MSM people are saying Ron Paul should be sec treasury and we should be pulling out of the middle east? maybe the Judge that's it. there are other Fish to fry and I think Beck will be more of a friend than an enemy in the upcoming election.

Brett85
04-14-2011, 12:55 PM

Sure after Obama replaced Bush, number of ceocons have decreased, many probably by looking back at things. But most media pundits on MSM in my view are more opportunists than converts.

So does he oppose patriot act, Iraq war, bailouts, torture now or just has stopped talking about them?

I don't know about torture, but he's said that he opposes nation building, the Patriot Act, and bailouts. I take him at his word.

doodle
04-14-2011, 12:56 PM
No one is bashing him, good for him if he is speaking against mideast occupations, non equality, patrioc act, gropings, torture these days. I may have to tune in one of these days, have stopped watching him. I'm little suspicious in general of pundits who follow public opinion instead of speaking based on some principle or convictions. Has he said he was wrong about Iraq ?

But if he still supports patriot act, gropiongs at airports, Bush bailouts for wall street, US tax payers funded occupation of Iraqis, Palestionians, Libyans or other people, he will remain a neocon in my view.

AuH20
04-14-2011, 12:57 PM
I agree Traditional Conservative. Why is there so much time on here bashing beck? how many other MSM people are saying Ron Paul should be sec treasury and we should be pulling out of the middle east? maybe the Judge that's it. there are other Fish to fry and I think Beck will be more of a friend than an enemy in the upcoming election.

It's runoff from Alex Jones nation. And I generally like Alex Jones. But he's taken this rivalry with Glenn Beck to counterproductive heights. And the scary thing is that Alex really believes that's he invented this type of independent journalism, while completely ignoring the contributions of Ezra Pound, William Cooper and others who came before him. He's standing on the shoulder of giants.

LibertyEagle
04-14-2011, 01:02 PM

Personally, I don't trust him further than I can spit. But, I will damn sure will use him as a tool in achieving our goals.

One thing is clear. If there had been no Beck, there wouldn't have been a Freedom Watch television show. I hate Beck for what he did to Medina, I seriously do and no, I will NOT forget, but, he darn sure did get a large number of people to read some important books. And he did explain to them how and why the two major political parties are no different any longer. People listened to Beck. We could've tried until the cows came home and we could not have gotten done what Beck did. At least that is the way I see it.

Like I said. I don't trust him. But, I don't need to. I don't put my faith in man and I am not looking for a "leader".

Just keep your eyes on what we are trying to accomplish.

AuH20
04-14-2011, 01:05 PM
Personally, I don't trust him further than I can spit. But, I will damn sure will use him as a tool in achieving our goals.

One thing is clear. If there had been no Beck, there wouldn't have been a Freedom Watch television show. I hate Beck for what he did to Medina, I seriously do and no, I will NOT forget, but, he darn sure did get a large number of people to read some important books. And he did explain to them how and why the two major political parties are no different any longer. People listened to Beck. We could've tried until the cows came home and we could not have gotten done what Beck did. At least that is the way I see it.

Like I said. I don't trust him. But, I don't need to. I don't put my faith in man and I am not looking for a "leader".

Beck, like it or not, has been the Johnny Appleseed for our movement.

doodle
04-14-2011, 01:06 PM

I can agree with that :) He does have an audience.

enoch150
04-14-2011, 01:08 PM
once again-im convinced beck doesn't really know what he's arguing. does he oppose kristol because of the neo-cons support of intervention in egypt? or is beck mad because democracy in egypt means bad news for israel? is he claiming kristol is anti-israel because
he supports regime change in egypt?
why doesn't beck just come out and say- stay out of their business? because he can't-he's convinced fundamentalist muslims will take over and wipe out the jews.
beck is a lost cause.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsySmWJWPDQ

Beck wants to stay out of Egypt. He says one side is as bad as the other and we shouldn't get involved with either. He says this may be a new Archduke Ferdinand moment. O'reilly repeatedly tries to paint Beck into a corner, saying the US has to support one side or the other, but Beck doesn't go for it. He said he wants to transition back to George Washington's foreign policy of non-intervention.

Beck has come around on a lot of issues since 2007. He's still a work in progress, but he's much better on a range of topics. I don't listen to him every day, but I think I'm starting to see a pattern. He's at his worst on his radio show. His support crew pushes him in the wrong direction. He's better on tv, but still gets some stuff wrong. He's at his best when he's on his own, being interviewed on other people's shows.

AuH20
04-14-2011, 01:09 PM

Beck wants to stay out of Egypt. He says one side is as bad as the other and we shouldn't get involved with either. He says this may be a new Archduke Ferdinand moment. O'reilly repeatedly tries to paint Beck into a corner, saying the US has to support one side or the other, but Beck doesn't go for it. He said he wants to transition back to George Washington's foreign policy of non-intervention.

Beck has come around on a lot of issues since 2007. He's still a work in progress, but he's much better on a range of topics. I don't listen to him every day, but I think I'm starting to see a pattern. He's at his worst on his radio show. His support crew pushes him in the wrong direction. He's better on tv, but still gets some stuff wrong. He's at his best when he's on his own, being interviewed on other people's shows.

His co-hosts are really smug and arrogant. Stu especially is a raving lunatic. He wants to invade North Korea at the drop of a hat.

ravedown
04-14-2011, 02:16 PM

not sure i agree-beck has been spouting this fear of a muslim middle east- a "caliphate" and we can't let that happen.- how does beck propose we stop that from happening? what is his plan? one side of his mouth he says-get out of the middle east- the other, we can't let iran destroy israel (cause he's positive thats what will happen.) which is it? becks position is totally half baked..needs more time in the oven.

doodle
04-14-2011, 02:18 PM
not sure i agree-beck has been spouting this fear of a muslim middle east- a "caliphate" and we can't let that happen.- how does beck propose we stop that from happening? what is his plan? one side of his mouth he says-get out of the middle east- the other, we can't let iran destroy israel (cause he's positive thats what will happen.) which is it? becks position is totally half baked..needs more time in the oven.

One man's half baked pie is another man's bi polar cookie.

juleswin
04-14-2011, 02:23 PM

Phew. Thank god Ron Paul has finally reached the title of Treasury secretary in the mind of the lunatic, nevermind Treasury secretary is a job title where he could be stiffled, ignored or fired from by whatever necon president he believes deserves the POTUS title. At this rate, it would take another 50 yrs before Glenn would come around to support Ron as POTUS. Aren't you glad we have a supported in Beck.

Deborah K
04-14-2011, 03:05 PM
I personally think kristol had a hand in pushing beck off of Fox. I think this is sour grapes more than anything.

AuH20
04-14-2011, 03:10 PM
I personally think kristol had a hand in pushing beck off of Fox. I think this is sour grapes more than anything.

Ailes reportedly got alot of heat from Republican establishment types about Beck's various comments.