PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Slogan - "REDISCOVER LIBERTY" - Yes or No?

Expatriate
04-13-2011, 10:29 PM
http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa299/Utah4RonPaul/Ron%20Paul%20-%202012/RediscoverLiberty1sm.png

I think this slogan could be a winner.

(This was originally in RP Grassroots Central, but nobody seems to view that forum.)
Image by UtahApocalypse, original idea by BrownSapper.

Expatriate
04-14-2011, 12:00 AM
Well if you picked "No, I have a better idea (Explain)", you're supposed to explain your better idea. IDefendThePlatform, I'm lookin' at you! :p

Sola_Fide
04-14-2011, 12:02 AM
That has my vote for the best one so far.

AZKing
04-14-2011, 12:04 AM
Personally the best one that I think I've heard is "Come home America". Rediscover liberty isn't bad, though.

TheNcredibleEgg
04-14-2011, 01:41 AM
I really like the color scheme.

I'm split though on the slogon between "Redicover Liberty" and "Come Home America."

Both are good. The one slight nod I give to "Come Home America" is the multiple meanings. Come home America to your roots which is liberty. And also, literally, come home America - end the empire.

Sola_Fide
04-14-2011, 01:44 AM
Come Home America is good too.

Romulus
04-14-2011, 10:56 AM
Restore Liberty.

Expatriate
04-14-2011, 03:19 PM
Restore Liberty.

This looks good to me from a Ron Paul supporter perspective, but when I imagine myself in the shoes of someone who is new to this stuff, it just doesn't look as interesting. "Rediscover Liberty" sounds more intriguing, like it's challenging me to look into it for myself, and piques my curiosity.

The very word rediscover implies that we have forgotten something, and do you know that nagging feeling that just won't go away when you think you might have forgotten something? Once someone saw this sign it would keep popping up in the back of their mind until they looked up what it was that they needed to "rediscover".

UtahApocalypse
04-14-2011, 03:23 PM
Thank You,

I have been tweaking the theame some. I posted a poll and have been getting results that may sway me to changing this to "Restore Liberty"

trey4sports
04-14-2011, 03:32 PM
I voted no just because it's meaning wont resonate with the masses IMHO

ChaosControl
04-14-2011, 03:39 PM
How does one rediscover what hasn't been discovered?

Romulus
04-14-2011, 03:42 PM
Actually I think we should go sloganless. You really can't sum it up in a catch phrase.

teacherone
04-14-2011, 03:50 PM
"The Change You Wanted" is the best because it would get Ron Paul immediate media coverage and would be a direct challenge to the Welfare/Warfare offered by Bush/Obama.

Magsec
04-14-2011, 03:56 PM
"Make America Golden Again" is my attempt.

fatjohn
04-14-2011, 04:10 PM
How many ever really knew what liberty was about? It should be: Ron Paul, he has an Ipad, he is cool superficial America! And we should donate Paul an Ipad.

Stary Hickory
04-14-2011, 04:15 PM
Kill that fascist statists!

My personal favorite.

But I suppose rediscover liberty is good for a second choice

White Bear Lake
04-14-2011, 06:16 PM
I like the idea of not having a slogan.

'Come Home America' would be my first choice if we did though.

Or we could pull the Goldwater retro slogan: 'In your heart, you know he's RIGHT'

gls
04-14-2011, 06:19 PM
How many ever really knew what liberty was about? It should be: Ron Paul, he has an Ipad, he is cool superficial America! And we should donate Paul an Ipad.

Can we throw a reference to 'Jersey Shore' in there somewhere?

acptulsa
04-14-2011, 06:24 PM
I like 'Principle, Peace and Prosperity' better. Grabs the older ones. Besides, those three things need to be tied together. Peace and prosperity is an old phrase, well known to those with gray hair (or, at least, gray roots). And when you think about it, it makes sense that they go together and that they go with principle.

Reboot America is another I like better. I don't think we need to avoid being thought-provoking. Being conventional won't help us, I don't think. Ron Paul isn't slick enough and we aren't rich enough, so we need to emphasize why 'different is good', as a certain fast food chain says.

Expatriate
04-14-2011, 06:24 PM
The grassroots doesn't have to settle on a single slogan, of course. Rediscover Liberty is just my personal favorite so far.

rawful
04-14-2011, 06:26 PM
"The Change You Wanted" is the best because it would get Ron Paul immediate media coverage and would be a direct challenge to the Welfare/Warfare offered by Bush/Obama.

I like this one.

Captain America
04-14-2011, 06:31 PM
No. I still like what Paul said at the end of the Tea Party Patriots Summit Straw Poll.

Peace, Prosperity, & The American Dream

acptulsa
04-14-2011, 06:34 PM
No. I still like what Paul said at the end of the Tea Party Patriots Summit Straw Poll.

Works for me! We've got to have something for the computer illiterate, and they're often older. For that specific purpose, this is an absolute gem. The older folks know they screwed up over the years and years of getting led down the garden path. Let's help them find a way to be part of the solution.

trey4sports
04-14-2011, 06:38 PM
Like i've said before.....

Ron Paul

Don't fuck it up this time

cajuncocoa
04-14-2011, 06:39 PM
REAL Hope, REAL Change
Ron Paul 2012

acptulsa
04-14-2011, 06:41 PM
Like i've said before.....

Yeah, quite a temptation to go along the lines of Haven't we gone far enough down the garden path yet you morons? But you don't get flies with vinegar.

Matthew Zak
04-14-2011, 06:53 PM
I think we should just stick with "Ron Paul Revolution"

Carehn
04-14-2011, 07:02 PM
I like it so i voted for it but if your asking if it should be official or something then i don't see the point. I should have full slogan liberty.

White Bear Lake
04-14-2011, 07:23 PM

I like this alot, too!

Sentinelrv
04-14-2011, 08:43 PM
Peace, prosperity and the American dream is too long to be a campaign slogan in my opinion. Using the words hope and change in the slogan sound gimmicky. I like restore liberty, but it "Rediscover Liberty" sounds much better. It gives off a deeper meaning. Do I really know what true liberty really is? It's a profound slogan that makes people think. Also, to back up the slogan, we have Ron Paul's new book "Liberty Defined" in order for people to rediscover what true liberty is all about.

dbill27
04-14-2011, 08:43 PM
Ron Paul- Good as Gold

Expatriate
04-14-2011, 09:22 PM
I like it so i voted for it but if your asking if it should be official or something then i don't see the point. I should have full slogan liberty.

I'm not saying it should be official. I just posted this poll to see what other people thought since this is the best campaign catchphrase I have seen yet. Also I wanted to give it some exposure since the only other threads about it were in less-read forums.

Peace, prosperity and the American dream is too long to be a campaign slogan in my opinion. Using the words hope and change in the slogan sound gimmicky. I like restore liberty, but it "Rediscover Liberty" sounds much better. It gives off a deeper meaning. Do I really know what true liberty really is? It's a profound slogan that makes people think. Also, to back up the slogan, we have Ron Paul's new book "Liberty Defined" in order for people to rediscover what true liberty is all about.

That's pretty much how I feel, and that's a good point too about the new book coming out.

Imagine, if you knew nothing about Ron Paul and you saw "Rediscover Liberty" on a sign with his name, wouldn't you be more curious than if it was more of the same hope/prosperity things which are the type of empty words that come out of politicians' mouths every day? It sounds like a chance to get back some of the goodness that America had in the past without sounding anti-progress or whatever, and it definitely sounds deeper than anything else I've heard.

zerosdontcount
04-14-2011, 09:26 PM
I still like Restoring Liberty

TomtheTinker
04-14-2011, 09:28 PM
Ron Paul 2012 Family & Freedom

rnestam
04-14-2011, 09:39 PM
Love it...
I had suggested "reTHINK..." on the other thread with same theory. I love the thought of Liberty being the main word, but the great thing would be the versatility...using endless words for different ads/videos....Rediscover Liberty, Rediscover Freedom, Rediscover Prosperity, Rediscover Independence, Rediscover Peace, Rediscover TRUTH....man, what an opening video that would be with all these "titles" appearing followed by related video/quotes/facts backing up RP's positions and why you are currently being fooled if you believe we have any of it now or you thin Obama or Romney could
give it to you.

fade
04-14-2011, 09:57 PM
I like it, but I don't think we have to stick to just one.

Expatriate
04-15-2011, 01:50 PM
bump

gls
04-15-2011, 01:56 PM
"Rediscover Liberty" sounds like it would be a very appealing slogan to libertarians. Not so much the vast majority of the electorate.

I don't have any other suggestion right now though. I just know it needs to be something high on platitudes but devoid of any real substance. Hopefully the campaign is smart enough to conduct focus groups with the brain-dead masses before coming to a decision.

TheBlackPeterSchiff
04-15-2011, 02:11 PM
Rediscover Liberty = Slavery

Not my opinion, just be ready for it :D

Expatriate
04-15-2011, 06:49 PM
^Not sure I follow. Do you mean that critics will associate the idea of liberty with the slavery era? I see it as telling people to rediscover the idea of liberty, which obviously clashes with any kind of slavery.

Lothario
04-15-2011, 10:44 PM
Ron Paul's latest phrase at his NH speech: "Legalize Liberty"

Expatriate
04-16-2011, 12:33 PM
Ron Paul's latest phrase at his NH speech: "Legalize Liberty"

I like it, but hearing the word legalize makes me think of pot :o

MelissaWV
04-16-2011, 12:42 PM
If you're going to use "Come Home, America" you might want to invest in that comma.

I like "Rediscover Liberty" as a slogan, but agree there should not be one official slogan called such from the onset. There were many ideas at the start of the '08 run, but some stuck out and were more widely embraced by the end. There's no need to squish any ideas underfoot by deciding on an "official" slogan right now.

LibertyEagle
04-16-2011, 12:44 PM
I voted no just because it's meaning wont resonate with the masses IMHO

Agreed.

pcosmar
04-16-2011, 12:45 PM
How about Discover Liberty ?

It has not existed in my lifetime.

MelissaWV
04-16-2011, 12:49 PM
How about Discover Liberty ?

It has not existed in my lifetime.

I smell product placement :p

We could have a Discover Liberty card!

Double cash back rewards that can only be used (to the legal limit) to donate to political campaigns :p

Theocrat
04-16-2011, 01:46 PM
http://i1114.photobucket.com/albums/k535/hotcupoftea1/RonPaulPoP.jpg

LibertyEagle
04-16-2011, 01:51 PM
I like that one better too, Theo.

fatjohn
04-16-2011, 02:26 PM
I like this one better: more mainstream appeal compared to the liberty and freedom slogans

http://i1000.photobucket.com/albums/af129/fatjohn1408/RonPaulSilver.jpg

MelissaWV
04-16-2011, 02:27 PM
I don't like that last one due to the fact "Ron Paul" is an afterthought and in a thin, almost invisible font in the background :(

Theocrat
04-16-2011, 02:31 PM
I like this one better: more mainstream appeal compared to the liberty and freedom slogans

http://i1000.photobucket.com/albums/af129/fatjohn1408/RonPaulSilver.jpg

That slogan is too narrow. Prosperity is not the only goal of restoring America to what it was meant to be.

fatjohn
04-16-2011, 02:50 PM
I don't like that last one due to the fact "Ron Paul" is an afterthought and in a thin, almost invisible font in the background :(

Mmh, never really was a prodigy concerning those things. I just liked the initials play with RP