PDA

View Full Version : Huckabee isn't going away

goRPaul
10-25-2007, 02:03 PM
Huckabee's fundraising is going very well this month. He might reach $1 million for the month, and $2-3 million for the quarter, and be in good shape for the primaries. I've been seeing a lot of his campaign advertising online, including this site. His polling is going up, and people generally like him.

I don't mind Huckabee becoming more relevant in the race. I welcome it, as we welcomed Thompson's entrance. I think Huckabee will thin out some of the support from Thompson and McCain more than anyone else.

me3
10-25-2007, 02:05 PM
Ugh... Another Huckabee thread...

werdd
10-25-2007, 02:06 PM
He cant touch us.

KewlRonduderules
10-25-2007, 02:06 PM
This needs to be moved! Huckleberry can be dealt with elsewhere. Not here.

I think we are doing just fine.

Save the Halloween antics for Halloween- Scare people then.

:p

steph3n
10-25-2007, 02:07 PM
GO post in general politics, and Huckabee is going no where unless he grassroots gets moving they won't even be able to vote for him.

davidhperry
10-25-2007, 02:09 PM
He's a political opportunist and people will see that if he gets more attention.

Plus, he's not the sharpest tool in the shed, intellectually speaking:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seYUbVa7L7w (starts at about a 1:00)

njandrewg
10-25-2007, 02:11 PM
you guys are forgetting...that we actually WANT Huckabee to do well. We want him to be a 5th contender...to further split the pro-war vote. We know he will never be a contender, because he is a trick pony, but he'll siphon $$ and support from the front runners

angelatc
10-25-2007, 02:11 PM
I think that the neocon media will toss Rudy and Mitt aside for Huckabee. I saw that during the debate.

steph3n
10-25-2007, 02:12 PM
He's a political opportunist and people will see that if he gets more attention.

Plus, he's not the sharpest tool in the shed, intellectually speaking:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seYUbVa7L7w (starts at about a 1:00)

1 of 54 or even retired etc 3-4 of 54 is most :D

K1RBY
yeah so what. huckster might raise 1M because of 50M worth of free publicity that the MSM has been giving him to try elevate anyone they can above RP as the true darkhorse.

it aint gonna work...now please stop posting threads for him....

Zydeco
I say, go Huckabee! The more neocons in this thing, the better.

JoshLowry
10-25-2007, 02:13 PM
Keep splitting the pro illegal war vote.

Original_Intent
10-25-2007, 02:14 PM
you guys are forgetting...that we actually WANT Huckabee to do well. We want him to be a 5th contender...to further split the pro-war vote. We know he will never be a contender, because he is a trick pony, but he'll siphon $$ and support from the front runners

Disagree.

I generally agree with the "split the neo-con pro-war vote as many ways as you can" philosophy, but this guy gives Conservative Christians who just want to feel good about their vote a home without going to a lot of trouble with researching the issues.

I think Huckabee out of the race helps us.

njandrewg
10-25-2007, 02:16 PM
Disagree.

I generally agree with the "split the neo-con pro-war vote as many ways as you can" philosophy, but this guy gives Conservative Christians who just want to feel good about their vote a home without going to a lot of trouble with researching the issues.

I think Huckabee out of the race helps us.
yes but those Conservative Christians are almost unilaterally pro-war, so they wouldn't be going into our camp anyways. And an uber right-wing person that Huckabee is trying to play is not an electable candidate.

freelance
10-25-2007, 02:17 PM
Flavor of the day. Whom will they bring out at the last minute?

That's what I thought originally. I was wrong. He's here to stay.

Tina
10-25-2007, 02:21 PM
UGG!! I had to listen to him for eight years in my state. Please quit posting about him.:mad:

steph3n
10-25-2007, 02:23 PM
UGG!! I had to listen to him for eight years in my state. Please quit posting about him.:mad:

while he was flying around to the family reunion in the state plane, on your money....

Akus
10-25-2007, 02:26 PM
He cant touch us.

god thanks, now I got that stupid MC Hammer song in my head...:mad::rolleyes:

Tina
10-25-2007, 02:26 PM
while he was flying around to the family reunion in the state plane, on your money....

Yup. He wasn't very well liked by the time he left office. New guy is no better.

Akus
10-25-2007, 02:29 PM

I am actually concerned that he is doing well. He is not taking votes from Rudy McRomney. He is taking the votes from US. He is a former Baptist preacher who talks about honor and integrity. That attracts people even if it's a complete bluff. He is a threat to us before he is a threat to the "top 3". A religious man who feels that we need be in Iraq for honor, vs a religious man, who said we are prancing around the world, inciting anti-americanism.

Remember, many people think that we are hated for our freedoms and we did the right thing by going to Iraq if only mismanaged.

So no njandrewg, I cannot agree with you.

ItsTime
10-25-2007, 02:39 PM
we need a huck sub form for all this crap

argounova
10-25-2007, 03:14 PM
a fella from the facebook group brought up a good point:

"huckabee is gaining momentum... no doubt about it and it is because social conservatives (who in my opinion may actually decide the nominee) are seeing through, Mittstaken, freddy, and ghouiani.

***This is why we need to focus on the Christian Right and focus hard***.

We are prolife, progun, pro religious freedom, pro states rights, pro peace, pro tax freedom.

Now as far as the homosexual issue is concerned what needs to be explained to them is that when you actually have state rights, then you actually have representation and at your state level if you and your fellow citizens elect officials that want to define marriage between one man and one woman in your state constitution that will be your state right. Its that simple"

The religious right has alot of power over the GOP because their philosophical, excuse me, "religious" beliefs infuse them with more initiative to change policy than the more philosophically-devoid and thus, more apathetic and less active participants of the party.

Johnnybags
10-25-2007, 03:16 PM
illegal immigration, rated F, for F*cked. Why does FOX not ask him about his record.

jmdrake
10-25-2007, 03:24 PM
Huckabee's fundraising is going very well this month. He might reach $1 million for the month, and $2-3 million for the quarter, and be in good shape for the primaries. I've been seeing a lot of his campaign advertising online, including this site. His polling is going up, and people generally like him.

I don't mind Huckabee becoming more relevant in the race. I welcome it, as we welcomed Thompson's entrance. I think Huckabee will thin out some of the support from Thompson and McCain more than anyone else.

Looking at his donation graph I sincerely doubt he'll break 1 million this month. And he's about 1/3 Paul's donation rate. People generally like him? What people? His supporters? There's nobody in this race that somebody doesn't generally like.

Finally, while all of this obsession with last place? Our targets are Giuliani and Romney. Not Huckabee. Worrying about second tier candidates makes you look second tier.

Regards,

John M. Drake

Ron Paul Fan
10-25-2007, 03:40 PM
If Huckabee starts becoming a threat, he will be exposed by the other pro war neo-cons! Anyways, I think we can get rid of him if we can just lure him into a warm tub of water...

steph3n
10-25-2007, 03:45 PM
he is already being exposed :D

aravoth
10-25-2007, 04:18 PM
The religous right is not a majority. In fact, a lot of republicans left the party when they took it over. I spent about 10 minutes looking at Huckabee's grassroots forum, which is remarkably simliar to this forum, and I have a few thoughts.

First off, I never cared to look at the Huckster. Nothing he said interested me in the beginning. And that is becuase he was saying completly different things then. And I have the debate footage to prove it. And maybe I will do just that.

Secondly, Huckabee took most of Ron's Paul's stance's on domestic issues. Not sure when this happened but it was sometime around the Value Voters Debate. He's even gone so far as to plagerize Ron Paul nearly verbatum whenever he needs a sound bite. I swear, if I hear him say "freedom is popular" I'm going to puke.

Third, with his newfound respect for the constitution The Governor somehow belives that fighting an undeclared war is just fine and dandy. Completely contradictary.

Fourth, This is nothing new. I read a thread over at his forums in which there was a small Ron Paul discussion. The Admin made it a point to use typical neo-con talking points while discrediting Ron Paul. Calling a man insane, crazy, and a kook, becuase he has ALWAYS, his ENTIRE life supported the constitution, and defended it's principles, and becuase he wants peace, is hardley a way to "woo" the masses. Huckabee just found out the constitution is good for getting votes, thats the only reason he gives a shit about it right now.

Finally, The polls don't mean a damn thing. It was humerous to read a thread on Huckabee's grassroots forum, where the members where making fun of Ron Paul and his "poll stackers". Only to find another thread where they where doing the exact same thing. We are pulling people from all over, Libertarians, Democrats, Republicans, Independents, you name it, we got it. No other canidate in the republican feild even comes close to that. The thing about that kind of support is it doesn't poll well. "Likely Republican Voters" are people that where registered republican in the last election and voted. Since that time, the GOP lost 30% of it's base, namely, us. You can't poll a Democrat, Libertarian, or an Independant for a republican poll. This is extremely evident when we loose national poll for the primary, but nearly defeat Hillary in the national general polls. This is why people think we are spammers, they just can't grasp the fact that the old Right is coming back to slap the new war mongering, and economicly irresponisible neo-con right in the face.

Nothing Huckabee says is true. He can't protect Cival Liberties and continue the war. War destroy's the people's liberty, it always has, and it always will, And He can't fix the budget without withdrawing the empire. Period.

Let him split the war vote. He'll split the war money also. No one cares, it's more of the same. Someone came here the night of the last debate and told us all to vote for RP using R2. That was huckabees number. I don't know who did it, and I don't care, that was bullshit. The Mods should consider getting these threads somewhere out of sight, like deletion. We don't want this board going the way of the fred thompson forum.

bomybomy
10-25-2007, 04:30 PM
He's not really a conservative though :-/

www.taxhikemike.org

Watch him squirm on the videos at the bottom....the reporter catches him red handed, and he looks like he got caught with his hand in the cookie jar!

freelance
10-25-2007, 04:50 PM
Worrying about second tier candidates makes you look second tier.

Well said. Just treat him as a non-entity. We've got the genuine article. A reasonable facsimile is no substitute for the genuine article, and he's not even a reasonable facsimile.

jamesmadison
10-25-2007, 04:58 PM
I am actually concerned that he is doing well. He is not taking votes from Rudy McRomney. He is taking the votes from US. He is a former Baptist preacher who talks about honor and integrity. That attracts people even if it's a complete bluff. He is a threat to us before he is a threat to the "top 3". A religious man who feels that we need be in Iraq for honor, vs a religious man, who said we are prancing around the world, inciting anti-americanism.

Remember, many people think that we are hated for our freedoms and we did the right thing by going to Iraq if only mismanaged.

So no njandrewg, I cannot agree with you.

I think this is fundamentally wrong for a number of reasons.

40% of republicans are against the war, 70% of americans are against the war. Paul is the only viable candidate that has stated he would immediately withdraw the troops and this is the platform by which he is gaining most of his supporters. As well as anti-tyranny and personal liberty. People who believe in these ideals have no other candidate to turn to because their support of Ron Paul is based on their philosophy on life - not media hype.

Huckabee is a moron that has no unique quality and is a war monger. He will continue to divide the 60% of republicans who are in favor of the war. This is great for Ron Paul because it decentralizes the control of power from the media to internet grass roots.

aravoth
10-25-2007, 05:03 PM
OK now I'm really starting to get pissed off. Huck's supporters are all over this board taking our ideas. They are planning on pre-emting our Nov. 5th donation money bomb now. And they're trying to set up something like ronpaulgraphs.com, and they even named that sight. And thats just 2 examples. If this shit keeps up, and these unorigional jackasses can't come up with thier own shit, That forum is either going to wind up with severe functionality problems, or it will be the latest peice of satirical humor on the web.

brandon
10-25-2007, 05:17 PM
OK now I'm really starting to get pissed off. Huck's supporters are all over this board taking our ideas. They are planning on pre-emting our Nov. 5th donation money bomb now. And they're trying to set up something like ronpaulgraphs.com, and they even named that sight. And thats just 2 examples. If this shit keeps up, and these unorigional jackasses can't come up with thier own shit, That forum is either going to wind up with severe functionality problems, or it will be the latest peice of satirical humor on the web.

Those things you mentioned are only the tip of the iceburg. They also are training people to digg based on our methods, starting meetups because we did, got a live donation tracker, got project codes for the donations, thier entire forum is based 100% on our forum, and the creater even admits this, etc etc etc

So many thread there follow this format "Paul has got so much success in x, because his supporters did y. We should now do y also."

Then they go onto bash Paul, try to exlude him from polls, talk about him like he is non-existant etc.

I agree, these assholes better be careful or their puny 150 member forum will be overrun before they know what happenned.

I'm sure huck supporters are reading my post. Take the message back to your camp. Stop stealing our shit and bashing Paul in the same breath.

Johnnybags
10-25-2007, 05:24 PM
Those things you mentioned are only the tip of the iceburg. They also are training people to digg based on our methods, starting meetups because we did, got a live donation tracker, got project codes for the donations, thier entire forum is based 100% on our forum, and the creater even admits this, etc etc etc

So many thread there follow this format "Paul has got so much success in x, because his supporters did y. We should now do y also."

Then they go onto bash Paul, try to exlude him from polls, talk about him like he is non-existant etc.

I agree, these assholes better be careful or their puny 150 member forum (Im willing to bet at least 25 of these members are undercover paul people) will be overrun before they know what happenned.

I'm sure huck supporters are reading my post. Take the message back to your camp. Stop stealing our shit and bashing Paul in the same breath.

from an ignoramus, he has zippo support in most states and unless they have the army to pay 10,000,000 in free advertising with planes,signs,songs,youtubes, I cannot see Huck drawing a war memorial auditorium audience unless he busses em in. Most of his cash is from his own state.

aravoth
10-25-2007, 05:26 PM

I agree, these assholes better be careful or their puny 150 member forum will be overrun before they know what happenned.

Yeah they are reading it. If it keeps up we have 2 options, DOS that site 24hrs a day, or fredthompsonize that place.

Johnnybags
10-25-2007, 05:29 PM
Yeah they are reading it. If it keeps up we have 2 options, DOS that site 24hrs a day, or fredthompsonize that place.

with Hucks illegal immigration record, stolen computer files and missing money might be in order. Freds a bomb already so it might be time to coax his supporters to the HUCK forum.

VoteRonPaul2008
10-25-2007, 05:30 PM
can we put a block on here so that only memebers can read topics... they are all copying us

on a side note use Huck's illegal immigration stand to get him.. he sucks!

brandon
10-25-2007, 05:32 PM

Both options sound like so much fun.

I say we give them a chance first. Don't do anything yet.

If it keeps up we begin with the fredthompsonization. From there we can progress to the denial of service if needed.

brandon
10-25-2007, 05:34 PM
Also, the fred thompson supporters are already aware of that site. I am willing to bet at least 10 members on hucks forum are thompson people who just havn't spoke up yet.

steph3n
10-25-2007, 05:37 PM
Do not DOS, sure you can read it a lot, but do NOT DOS!!! I am part of network security of a hosting company and if I had attacks coming I'd be working own ways to get back, DO NOT CAUSE BLOWBACK with illegal actions.

brandon
10-25-2007, 05:42 PM
Hucks supporters are the ones that will be dealing with blowback.

angelatc
10-25-2007, 05:46 PM

Neither is a good idea. DOS attacks are illegal, and would get us bad press.

Board wars suck.

For the record, I think it's the Fred supporters who are going over to Huckabees camp.

qsecofr
10-25-2007, 05:50 PM
I say let them come and mimic our ideas. If he becomes a threat (which he isn't at the moment) then we can expose him as an impostor pretty easily. Just create a video of cut scenes showing Ron saying something with a timestamp and then show Hucks rehash with a later timestamp. At the end ask them who they are really voting for.

Maybe mix in a little Milli Vanilli for emphasis.

qsecofr
10-25-2007, 05:52 PM
Ya know a video showing Huck but with Ron talking would be pretty funny in either case. Mike the lipsynch candidate.

ronpaul1
10-25-2007, 10:34 PM
Looks like his forum "mike huckabee (http://mikehuckabeeforum.com) forum" only has one user. Probably nothing to worry about

NewEnd
10-25-2007, 11:05 PM
Who cares? Huckabee will only split the neocon vote.

Godo for Paul, bad for neocons

newmedia4ron
10-26-2007, 01:32 AM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=28930

fcofer
10-26-2007, 04:31 AM
I'm going to weigh in on this one, despite the unpopularity of these threads. (This has turned into a long post -- sorry.)

The saddest thing for me about Huckabee's emerging grassroots is the idea that there's another candidate who actually has ardent supporters. I really liked it when I felt that we had a monopoly on that, and I thought that we had that monopoly because Paul is so evidently principled and honest - that people would never get excited about those other candidates, each of which, by comparison, is clearly (forgive me, ye foreign lurkers) a mere political huckster. However, I think that we can make the best of the situation.

We have some advantages and disadvantages over the Huckabee crowd (as well as the other grassroots campaigns, to the extent that they exist):

1. Our campaign attracts a broader range of political opinion. I've spent plenty of time on the forums and in the chatroom, and I've constantly been surprised at how widely we run the gamut on many issues. Regarding religion, we run the spectrum from evangelical Christians who believe that the Earth was recently created to positive atheists who believe that all spirituality is a fiction. We comprise both social conservatives and social liberals. We include both freshmen college students and retirees. We are made up of practical Republicans and Democrats who are tired of the perpetual dilemma of trying to figure out which freedoms are worth trading away in order to have some hope of preserving the rest, and idealistic Libertarians who have always refused to compromise but who now see a chance and are finally willing to come under the tent and be organized. :) The secularists and the religious may sometimes jab at one another in forum discussions, but we all get along together with truly surprising amicability - the religious among us know that even the most atheistic secularists in this movement would never desire to strip them of their freedom to practice their faith, and the secularists know that the even the most fervent evangelicals among us do not secretly yearn for a theocratic government. The mainstream members may sometimes deplore the more vocal government conspiracy theorists, but we get along because we know that both sides want to achieve the same goal: an open, transparent government where everyone's freedom is protected.

2. This is an admittedly smarmy thing to say (and I hope not to be quoted on it), but, like our candidate, I think we're at least a little bit smarter than the competition. As a group, we are more knowledgeable about our candidate's position on the issues, and are happy to argue about the finer points. Some of us are true experts in fields such as economics, jurisprudence, history, and science. (I know that I've gotten quite an education on issues that I'd never considered before!) We argue vociferously about these things, and surprisingly, many times at the conclusion of these discussions, I have seen people say things like, "You have made a good point; I may have to research this further and change my opinion." Since we tolerate (in fact, perhaps "thrive on" is a better verb) the existence of dissenting views, our understanding of the reasons behind our common political opinions becomes more and more honed. Thus, the support we have for our candidate is not only broad (as described in the preceding paragraph), but also deep.

This, I think, is the real reason why *we* have never needed to censor our forums, but why we are viewed with such hostility at places like RedState or other candidate's forums. It is not, as alleged, merely due to overenthusiastic "spamming" of meatless pro-Paul comments (although we must admit that this does occur). Rather, it is due to the fact that many Ron Paul supporters' ability to effectively articulate and explain their positions is so practiced that, in a forum discussion, they are tremendously effective antagonists -- we might not win a sound-bite duel, but, given enough time, we *will* win most honest debates, and we will sway some of the audience. That's the real reason why we cannot be tolerated. ;)

After reading these points, you might be feeling pretty good. :) But both of these points have a negative corollary: we have much less appeal among the narrow-minded and the uneducated (or politically apathetic), and unfortunately, many people are one or both. Regarding the Huckabee campaign, I think that I would have an easier time convincing the average religious social conservative who currently supports one of the "frontrunners" to support Huckabee than to support Ron Paul. (Think about it seriously -- if you got $1,000 per conversion, which do you think would net you more cash with minimal effort per individual?) This is not to say that those voters naturally *should* support Huckabee, but that it would take a greater investment of time to show them that it would be both in their interest both personally and as a citizen to support Paul.

I am convinced that Huckabee is a real threat. He is poised to become the darling of the MSM, and, more importantly, he has truly enthusiastic supporters who are organizing a grassroots campaign on our highly successful model, which distinguishes him from the "frontrunners". His fundraising is taking off, and he is gaining momentum for real this time, especially with evangelicals, who are deserting the frontrunners to him rapidly. I perceive a possible danger that he might not "split" the warhawk vote -- he just might *consolidate* it. He has the traditional "dark horse" appeal, which means that Huckabee supporters will not be as lackadaisical as those who support the "frontrunners", so his support, once he gains it, might not tend to dwindle appreciably. Of course, I find it highly improbable that he could win the general election, but the Republican primary is another matter.

What is to be done? Of course, the most important thing is to continue to campaign for Ron Paul in the real world -- as we get new supporters, we retain them, since no other candidate can really compare to Ron Paul, either on the issues or on integrity. :) But what about here on the forums?

Below are some of the complaints (paraphrased) that I have read in this and other threads:

1. Huckabee's forum is copying our ideas!

This is true. And to their credit, they've forthrightly admitted it. But really, why shouldn't they copy our ideas? And what, if anything, should be done about it?

The proposed solution of making a members-only section of our forum as a secure repository for our "ideas" is, to put it mildly, a bad idea. This proposal is based on the principle of exchanging liberty for security, which (1) isn't worth it, and (2) doesn't work. Practically speaking, making a members-only section for ideas would exclude more Paul supporters than competitors from our good ideas -- it would put all of our "secret" ideas in one spot, easily infiltrated, with protections that would act as barriers only to casual Paul supporters. It's analogous to the scheme of requiring photo ID's in order to keep terrorists off of airplanes. ;) We have to accept that anything written on our forums can (and probably will) be read by anyone who wants to emulate our success.

Instead, we should accept the fact that the marketplace of ideas will remain free, and that the competition will lie in successfully implementing them. I have no doubt that we will continue to come up with the best ideas first and that we will continue to be the most successful at realizing them. Let Huck's forums hobble themselves if they wish by trying (unsuccessfully) to keep their own ideas secret and secure at the expense of effectiveness.

2. This is a Ron Paul forum, not a Huckabee forum! Let's stop these Huckabee posts!

I think that the *complaints* about "too many Huckabee posts" are what's really detrimental (although perhaps the posts don't belong in the RP grassroots section). A few weeks ago, we were happy to smile at the occasional thread about the Huckster, poking fun at his lacklustre fundraising or his almost painfully embarrassing pandering. But now that things are looking up for his campaign, our objections to hearing about him have the quality of defensiveness, which is far more demoralizing (and therefore dangerous) to us than anything else.

First of all, if Huckabee's grassroots is a serious threat, then we should be discussing his grassroots campaign -- as Ron Paul's grassroots campaign, that's our job. If his grassroots comes up with good ideas, we should consider them. We should try to determine their strengths, and how to counter them. We should try to bring as many of them as possible into our camp. Also, we can't help but be interested about the goings-on of our competitors. Having that information consolidated somewhere on our forum will lessen the incentive for us to search about it ourselves on the Web, and therefore keep traffic to these sites from being overly artificially inflated by the powerful ronpaulforums Internet presence.

Secondly, we don't have anything to be defensive about. Once again, in the free marketplace of ideas, we hold all of the advantages. Are any of you afraid that someone will see a pro-Huckabee argument here and subsequently switch camps? Does Huckabee have some superior position on the issues, or possess some superior trait of character, for which we can produce no answer? I am confident that the answer to these questions is "No" -- and this is an advantage that is unique to *our* campaign. I would be overjoyed if every serious Huckabee supporter came to our forums to argue with us. No other grassroots campaign could dare say that with respect to us. They have little choice but to censor us, because they know that they will suffer attrition if they let us speak. Therefore, for practical reasons as well as principled ones, the last thing that we should do is advocate censorship, since we are the only ones in the lucky position of not needing it.

Someone suggested (perhaps a trifle sardonically) that we should have a Huckabee subforum. I think that this is an excellent idea. Let's have a subforum for every candidate (or a subforum for all other candidates) and fill it with posts about them. Let's extend an open invitation to other candidates to come here and discuss their candidate in the subforum. Let's moderate the discussions [I]as fairly as possible, and post a forum guideline advising members to treat visitors to the subforum with respect and to avoid making insulting remarks about their candidate.

Some might argue that this tactic is a waste of resources -- that we shouldn't waste any energy trying to convert people who are already firmly in favor of some other candidate. I disagree. There are many positive things to say, for instance, about the denizens of Huckabee's forum as opposed to regular undecideds. The Huckabee forumgoers obviously care about our country and are willing to invest personal effort into effecting some kind of political change. As grassroots organizers and contributors, they spend time thinking about political issues. This means that many of them are ripe for conversion :) , and converting one grassroots supporter is probably worth at least 50 of the rank-and-file. We need to show them that they are welcome here and that they will not be treated with hostility if they visit. Our own evangelical members might prove especially invaluable in reconciling religious faith with the principles of following the Constitution.

Also, from a tactical standpoint, providing an open forum for other candidates' supporters here would marginalize competing grassroots discussion boards. It's kind of hard to justify censoring the opposition when they are going out of their way to provide an open venue for you to speak to them (and I'm certain that we could find ample opportunity to tacitly point this out). Let those of us who read Huck's grassroots forum post any good threads they have to our very own Huck subforum so that we can discuss them (and politely challenge them). Let's make our Huck forum legitimate enough that a Google search for "Huckabee forum" points to us. How can they retaliate? By making a Ron Paul subforum on their board? (Please don't throw us in the briar patch, B'rer Huck!) We have an enormous advantage in the fact that we are the only ones who can afford to tolerate open discussion. Let's use it!

Finally, getting a system like this set up now might stand to benefit us greatly in the future. After we win the primary :) , we will need a way to convert the Democrat grassroots as well -- having an infrastructure already in place to attract their key thinkers over for discussion, and an effective policy for using it, will stand to benefit us in the future.

Remember that we are trying to beat the other candidates' campaigns. Huckabee's grassroots supporters are not the enemy. Let's stick to a relationship with them of peace (no "board war"), diplomacy (occasional polite invitations for discussion) and free trade (of ideas). We have nothing to lose, and we will win goodwill and converts that way, especially when Huck drops out.

LibertyOfOne
10-31-2007, 08:13 PM
http://forum.hucksarmy.com/viewtopic.php?t=819
(http://forum.hucksarmy.com/viewtopic.php?t=819&highlight=ron+paul)

werdd
10-31-2007, 08:15 PM
The same person is shogun108 on these forums, we really should get this guy banned.

brandon
10-31-2007, 08:29 PM
I was a member at hucksarmy because I was interested in Huck and wanted to find out more. I started a thread asking what huck thought of the national ID card. My thread was deleted within minutes. I Then posted it a second time. My account was deleted within minutes.

hucksarmy mods are fascists.

We are better then that, we dont need to ban them if they want to come here to learn more abuot Paul.

TVMH
10-31-2007, 08:32 PM
Right on, fcofer.

I would actually like to see a one-on-one debate between a Ron Paul supporter and a Huckabee supporter.

A moderated debate with points given for factual analyses and comments and points taken away for ad hominem attacks, red herrings, strawmen, and other such nonsense.

shogun108/millerkevd, I hereby challenge you to debate me on foreign policy.
(we can probably get one of the admins to lock the forum to allow just you and me, and I imagine we could get some moderator questions/time-limit rules established, as well. I will take the position that we are to withdraw immediately from Iraq and you may take the position that we must remain in Iraq.)

Also, I am always intrigued by a forum that purports to be constitutionalists while at the same time censoring others' viewpoints...this is the mark of cowardice.

I'd like to go over there and discuss issues rationally, but I don't feel like wasting my time, because I imagine I would be censored for nothing more than asking honest and respectful questions that the members there don't really want to answer (I'm generalizing, of course, but that is my own personal impression).

Oh well, I guess some people are incapable introspection.

werdd
10-31-2007, 08:32 PM
I was a member at hucksarmy because I was interested in Huck and wanted to find out more. I started a thread asking what huck thought of the national ID card. My thread was deleted within minutes. I Then posted it a second time. My account was deleted within minutes.

We are better then that, we dont need to ban them if they want to come here to learn more abuot Paul.

eh yeah maybe your right, still hes an annoying little prick

werdd
10-31-2007, 08:35 PM
Right on, fcofer.

I would actually like to see a one-on-one debate between a Ron Paul supporter and a Huckabee supporter.

A moderated debate with points given for factual analyses and comments and points taken away for ad hominem attacks, red herrings, strawmen, and other such nonsense.

(we can probably get one of the admins to lock the forum to allow just you and me, and I imagine we could get some moderator questions/time-limit rules established, as well. I will take the position that we are to withdraw immediately from Iraq and you may take the position that we must remain in Iraq.)

Also, I am always intrigued by a forum that purports to be constitutionalists while at the same time censoring others' viewpoints...this is the mark of cowardice.

I'd like to go over there and discuss issues rationally, but I don't feel like wasting my time, because I imagine I would be censored for nothing more than asking honest and respectful questions that the members there don't really want to answer (I'm generalizing, of course, but that is my own personal impression).

Oh shit its on

steph3n
10-31-2007, 08:39 PM
they do not welcome any dissent, it is a sign of weakness in their candidate. It is happens, and is welcomed at least 50 time a day around here :)

Right on, fcofer.

LibertyOfOne
10-31-2007, 08:41 PM
I know what you mean lol. I have seen many messages have been deleted form the forums. They can't take any criticisms being that their candidate can't stand up to scrutiny.

LibertyOfOne
10-31-2007, 08:43 PM

We debunk them and their misperceptions of Paul and they run away, LOL.

werdd
10-31-2007, 08:52 PM
We debunk them and their misperceptions of Paul and they run away, LOL.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=30044&page=3

That's where i started.

ItsTime
10-31-2007, 08:53 PM
he raised that much but how much did he spend? Those google ads are NOT cheap ;)

steph3n
10-31-2007, 08:54 PM
he raised that much but how much did he spend? Those google ads are NOT cheap ;)

our radio and TV blitz in your state isn't either :)

Dary
10-31-2007, 10:18 PM
I hope the lefty Huckabee stays in the race and splits the liberal vote. The conservatives are going for Ron.

Huckabee and his supporter might think that they can mimic us, but that really is all that it is. It’s an impersonation.

Impersonation = imposter.

Huckabee has no respect for states rights and therefore no respect for the constitution and the rule of law. Liberals might be ok with that, but not conservatives.

eloquensanity
11-01-2007, 12:57 AM
Someone came here the night of the last debate and told us all to vote for RP using R2. That was huckabees number. I don't know who did it, and I don't care, that was bullshit. The Mods should consider getting these threads somewhere out of sight, like deletion. We don't want this board going the way of the fred thompson forum.

So that was one of their trolls? So in addition to lying like that they come here to steal and then they pretend they are Christians. What scum they are. :eek:

If they Really do read their bibles which I doubt since they openly lie, cheat and steal on this forum they must know that We ALWAYS reap what we sow and in greater quantity than we sow it.

Can't wait for their harvest:)

ronpaul1
11-01-2007, 01:03 AM
O'my! This is shocking! They are copying the Nov5
Read this complete thread:
http://www.mikehuckabeeforum.com/index.php?topic=11.0

freelance
11-01-2007, 05:06 AM
fcofer, I read your entire tome. You make a lot of good points!

Hank
11-01-2007, 05:07 AM
There is no need to discuss the big government, pro-tax, pro-prohibition, pro-fed, and pro-war Huckabee on this forum.

He is no different than Rudy or the other Republicans.

TVMH
11-01-2007, 05:39 AM
Where u at shogun/millerkev?

I'm waiting.

Let me make it easier on you...you pick the topic and I'll pick the side I Want To Defend...and I Ain't Goin' To Your Goofy-ass Blog, Either...that's Not Even Close To Neutral Territory.

By Mere Virtue Of The Fact That You're Allowed To Post Here, You Should Be Able To Trust That You Will Be Treated Fairly.

Twinmomentum
11-01-2007, 07:07 PM
Hey Guys,

My name is Brett and I am the administrator of the Huck's Army Forums (http://www.forum.hucksarmy.com). I'm really sorry about some of the stupid things a few Huckabee supporters have done -- I have always told them to leave you guys alone.

The fact is that we couldn't win in a fight. You guys are bigger and better at what you do. But we're not looking for a fight. In many ways I feel like our campaigns are in the same boat. Ron Paul is a dark horse just like Mike Huckabee, and he has very motivated grassroots just like Mike Huckabee. We are both fighting for MSM attention. Huckabee is breaking out and that is good for Ron Paul. That means that people will be more open to someone else doing the same thing.

To be honest I was hoping you could see our efforts as a compliment. We're trying to copy the best grassroots movement around. In fact, the welcome post to our forum says this:
"We would also be remiss if we did not give props to Ron Paul supporters for showing the country what a grassroots forum should look like. We're going to try to top you, but we won't forget that you did it first."

I can't speak for every individual user, but as the top admin I can tell you that I really respect and appreciate Dr. Paul. I also really respect everything you guys have been able to accomplish. I don't think many people take you guys seriously enough. They'll find out soon.

In the meantime, let's just be friends. Thanks for listening.

Sincerely,
Brett (username: ihearthuckabee)

freelance
11-01-2007, 07:18 PM
Hi Brett,

No need to apologize, but it was certainly a nice gesture!

I did actually mention that imitation is the highest form of flattery, and some have noted that this is a marketplace of ideas and all are free to borrow as they see fit.

I hope that no one would disagree that while our candidates have some different ideas, we wish no ill will upon Huck's Army. We're all here to "fight the good fight" in the hopes that the American people win--for a change.

Thanks for dropping by.

steph3n
11-01-2007, 07:24 PM
Hello and welcome.

I initially thought I'd support Huckabee until I researched many facts on the war and I changed over to Dr Paul, now new things come out about huckabee and I feel i made the right choice, however we should both "get along" to some degree.

I feel that Huckabee is very willing to admit that the war is a mistake when he learns the facts, and if that happens he may get even more support. :)

However what turned me off was one of the debates he used the term "share the wealth" twice, and except for Dr Paul the whole presidential field seems to be blind to the economy about to absolutely crash.
Huckabee needs to wake up to the coming economic disaster and get on this field as well, Paul and huckabee have a voice now and really need to pound this, the working people see this daily! The only two candidates promoting any radical changes to the tax system are the best to get the word out, all is NOT rosy.

BTW, I am the one that was one of the first to join your forum, I think I spoke to one of the admin's there, maybe you via PM.

Hey Guys,

My name is Brett and I am the administrator of the Huck's Army Forums (http://www.forum.hucksarmy.com). I'm really sorry about some of the stupid things a few Huckabee supporters have done -- I have always told them to leave you guys alone.

The fact is that we couldn't win in a fight. You guys are bigger and better at what you do. But we're not looking for a fight. In many ways I feel like our campaigns are in the same boat. Ron Paul is a dark horse just like Mike Huckabee, and he has very motivated grassroots just like Mike Huckabee. We are both fighting for MSM attention. Huckabee is breaking out and that is good for Ron Paul. That means that people will be more open to someone else doing the same thing.

To be honest I was hoping you could see our efforts as a compliment. We're trying to copy the best grassroots movement around. In fact, the welcome post to our forum says this:

I can't speak for every individual user, but as the top admin I can tell you that I really respect and appreciate Dr. Paul. I also really respect everything you guys have been able to accomplish. I don't think many people take you guys seriously enough. They'll find out soon.

Sincerely,

bolidew
11-01-2007, 07:32 PM
This is still an unfinished race.

Good luck though.

CurtisLow
11-01-2007, 07:57 PM
I see on the huck board the admins don't like the freedom of speech. lol

http://forum.hucksarmy.com/viewtopic.php?t=912

devil21
11-01-2007, 09:11 PM
Hey Guys,

Sincerely,

Mods should remove the link to his forum. It will just boost his Google page rank by posting it here (since RPforums has much, much, much more traffic than his site does).

CJLauderdale4
11-01-2007, 09:22 PM
"Honor" - the new foreign policy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9sA5FQfE1E

- Mexican consulate deal dogs Huckabee campaign
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=58430

- Legality of Huckabee's Mexican consulate deal questioned
http://wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=58455

- Christians on Huckabee:
http://www.newswithviews.com/baldwin/baldwin411.htm

NOW GO AWAY!!

Suzu
11-01-2007, 09:43 PM

If what I witnessed tonight at the straw poll in Springfield is any measure of the support enjoyed by the "frontrunners", they're not frontrunners at all. McCain was left off the ballot, Giuliani got zero votes, Thompson got 2, Romney got 6, Huck got 11, Ron Paul got 85.

francisco
11-14-2007, 07:48 PM
Someone suggested (perhaps a trifle sardonically) that we should have a Huckabee subforum. I think that this is an excellent idea. Let's have a subforum for every candidate (or a subforum for all other candidates) and fill it with posts about them. Let's extend an open invitation to other candidates to come here and discuss their candidate in the subforum. Let's moderate the discussions as fairly as possible, and post a forum guideline advising members to treat visitors to the subforum with respect and to avoid making insulting remarks about their candidate.

Some might argue that this tactic is a waste of resources -- that we shouldn't waste any energy trying to convert people who are already firmly in favor of some other candidate. I disagree. There are many positive things to say, for instance, about the denizens of Huckabee's forum as opposed to regular undecideds. The Huckabee forumgoers obviously care about our country and are willing to invest personal effort into effecting some kind of political change. As grassroots organizers and contributors, they spend time thinking about political issues. This means that many of them are ripe for conversion :) , and converting one grassroots supporter is probably worth at least 50 of the rank-and-file. We need to show them that they are welcome here and that they will not be treated with hostility if they visit. Our own evangelical members might prove especially invaluable in reconciling religious faith with the principles of following the Constitution.

Also, from a tactical standpoint, providing an open forum for other candidates' supporters here would marginalize competing grassroots discussion boards. It's kind of hard to justify censoring the opposition when they are going out of their way to provide an open venue for you to speak to them (and I'm certain that we could find ample opportunity to tacitly point this out).
Finally, getting a system like this set up now might stand to benefit us greatly in the future. After we win the primary :) , we will need a way to convert the Democrat grassroots as well -- having an infrastructure already in place to attract their key thinkers over for discussion, and an effective policy for using it, will stand to benefit us in the future.

I think this is a good idea. It will allow us to consolidate threads about each of the opposition candidates so we can be nimble in our response, and have opportunities for conversion of other candidates' supporters. FREE SPEECH WORKS!

leonster
11-20-2007, 08:42 PM
I like the idea of having candidate subforums... as long as people remain civil there, even when the opposition tries to provoke...