PDA

View Full Version : What are some single issue attack ads we can use against the other candidates?

IDefendThePlatform
04-13-2011, 09:50 PM
I'm thinking of short 30 second TV commercial type issues where we can point out how stupid Huck, Romney or whoever is, and then show Ron Paul's position on the same issue.

1) Romneycare, then what's RP's last bill on Health care? Didn't he introduce some legislation about a health savings account?

2)Tax Hike Mike would be a great one if he runs, then talk about how RP has never voted for a tax increase

3)Generic family values ad, showing pics of Newt and Trump and their multiple wives/mistresses without actually naming names; then show Ron and Carol, married 50 years, etc..

And I'm sure Trump has plenty of idiotic positions that we just haven't heard much about yet.

sailingaway
04-13-2011, 10:08 PM
There's stuff in 'opposing candidates' that could be used, but if we do, they will, so I'd wait and let someone else start it.

Although I'm tempted to make an exception for Trump...

.....I visualize a sort of LOLCAT facebook add:

http://bentcorner.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/donald-trump.jpg
SRSLY, AMERICA?

gerryb
04-13-2011, 10:38 PM
Let the other guys run the negative campaigns, we have an actual platform to run with so we don't need to.

Austin
04-13-2011, 10:55 PM
Trump donated 50k to Rahm..

Eric21ND
04-13-2011, 11:00 PM
Newt sitting on a couch with Nancy Pelosi advocating global warming.

Mitt Romney "I like mandates" i.e. Romneycare.

IDefendThePlatform
04-13-2011, 11:14 PM
Would slamming newt for his support of bush's prescription drug plan work?
Start the ad talking about the huge explosion in spending in Washington, then show newt supporting the monstrous prescription drug bill, then just pull a slight switcheroo and show RP talking about less spending generically, or even just cutting taxes.

As far as waiting for the other candidates to go negative first, that's prob fine But I doubt any of them will attack RP directly unless he shoots up in the polls.

My thought is that attacking other candidates makes us seem more 'mainstream' to the average voter. Kind of like RP going at it with guliani last time around.

tangent4ronpaul
04-14-2011, 04:24 AM
Romney
Romneycare = Obamacare

Trump
Nuke their ass and take their gas
He's got experience! Anyone that can bankrupt his own company, can surely finish bankrupting the country.

S.Shorland
04-14-2011, 01:27 PM
If people turn green with envy,what did Trump turn orange for?

jmdrake
04-14-2011, 01:35 PM
It's WAAAAAY to early to do anything but making viral videos. At this point anybody else could jump in the race. This is the time to identify voters that either support Ron Paul, or might support him if they heard the right things.

nayjevin
04-14-2011, 01:46 PM
If I were doing negative ads on candidates I wouldn't attach them to RP at the end. If it is looking to change someone who has a positive opinion of someone, that person could feel the attack is personal.

ItsTime
04-14-2011, 01:58 PM
Romney
Romneycare = Obamacare

Trump
He's got experience! Anyone that can bankrupt his own company, can surely finish bankrupting the country.

Best quote ever! Im using it ha!!