PDA

View Full Version : RJ Harris is running for President as a Libertarian Party member

Matt Collins
04-13-2011, 09:45 PM
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=194361913932796

trey4sports
04-13-2011, 09:51 PM
page not found

JoshLowry
04-13-2011, 09:55 PM
http://libertarianstrategymonthly.com/2011/04/12/rj-harris-plans-on-running-for-libertarian-presidential-nomination/

libertybrewcity
04-15-2011, 07:28 PM
I don't think he had much support during his primary, but maybe he'll get some more when he's running for president.

MN Patriot
04-15-2011, 07:31 PM
http://libertarianstrategymonthly.com/2011/04/12/rj-harris-plans-on-running-for-libertarian-presidential-nomination/

That is encouraging, libertarians are actually attempting to create a strategy.

Austin
04-15-2011, 07:35 PM
I remember when RJ attacked Rand for his own political gain...

Eric21ND
04-15-2011, 07:40 PM
What did RJ say about Rand?

eduardo89
04-15-2011, 08:05 PM
He should try again for Congress...or State House/Senate. There he actually has a chance to do some good!

Lucille
04-15-2011, 08:16 PM
Not that I blame him but, why did he decide to leave the GOP? (Jim Deakin (http://jimdeakin.com/Press-Releases.php) (AZ) left the GOP for the LP too.)

jmdrake
04-15-2011, 08:56 PM
I remember when RJ attacked Rand for his own political gain...

I remember that, but I don't think it was for political gain. I think he deeply disagreed with Rand on the Gitmo / military tribunal issue. Really, what was to gain? There are things I disagree with RJ on, but I respect his principles.

Nathan Hale
04-15-2011, 09:23 PM
RJ ran a pretty embarrassing campaign for Congress. I don't think he's up for this.

libertybrewcity
04-15-2011, 09:24 PM
RJ ran a pretty embarrassing campaign for Congress. I don't think he's up for this.

This is true, and also Wayne Allen Root will likely get the nomination.

Matt Collins
04-16-2011, 01:43 AM
I remember that, but I don't think it was for political gain. I think he deeply disagreed with Rand on the Gitmo / military tribunal issue. And if he had paid attention and read closely what Rand actually said (instead of what the media reported him saying) like you yourself did, he would've realized that Rand and Ron are very similar, if not identical on the issue.

LibertyEagle
04-16-2011, 05:37 AM
I remember that, but I don't think it was for political gain. I think he deeply disagreed with Rand on the Gitmo / military tribunal issue. Really, what was to gain? There are things I disagree with RJ on, but I respect his principles.

Oh yeah it was. lol. He plastered it on the Daily Paul. He wanted people to swerve their donations to him, instead of Rand.

nobody's_hero
04-16-2011, 07:26 AM

Yeah, that's the way I see it, it would be different if they'd been running for the same seat.

MRoCkEd
04-16-2011, 07:59 AM
This is not a waste of time, at all!

skyorbit
04-16-2011, 10:29 AM
It would be nice ti kick the neo-cons like Barr and Root out of the LP.

Nathan Hale
04-16-2011, 11:24 AM
This is true, and also Wayne Allen Root will likely get the nomination.

Hmm, there's got to be some viable candidate out there!

Vessol
04-16-2011, 12:12 PM
That is encouraging, libertarians are actually attempting to create a strategy.

Are you saying that the Libertarian Party hasn't had a strategy all these years?

RonPaulFanInGA
04-16-2011, 01:24 PM
It would be nice ti kick the neo-cons like Barr and Root out of the LP.

Make the Libertarian party even smaller than it already is?

This is not a waste of time, at all!

+1 for the sarcasm.

Nathan Hale
04-16-2011, 08:08 PM
Are you saying that the Libertarian Party hasn't had a strategy all these years?

Oh they've had a strategy, it's just a shit strategy. There was a group called Reform the LP that had some traction a few years back, but then the whole Ron Paul thing happened and the strategic-minded reform people all fell into our movement rather than bothering with the randroid masses at the LP.

DeadheadForPaul
04-16-2011, 08:43 PM
Did anyone else notice comment #5 on that link?

ERIC DONDERO - the neo-con traitor who formerly worked for Dr. Paul

his comment:

Eric Dondero says:
April 14, 2011 at 2:07 am

Is he a pro-defense or anti-defense Libertarian? Does he recognize the growing threat of radical Islam this country faces, or is he “soft on Sharia and Jihad?”

Libertarianism means supporting Freedom all around. Not just freedom from Big Government, but Freedom from Big Islamism, as well.

jmdrake
04-18-2011, 08:33 AM
Oh yeah it was. lol. He plastered it on the Daily Paul. He wanted people to swerve their donations to him, instead of Rand.

He simply said what a lot of other people here who were not running for anything or looking for any donations were saying. Unless God has granted you the ability to read someone else's mind you can't really say what he did it.

jmdrake
04-18-2011, 08:38 AM
And if he had paid attention and read closely what Rand actually said (instead of what the media reported him saying) like you yourself did, he would've realized that Rand and Ron are very similar, if not identical on the issue.

I wasn't able to figure that out from what Rand said. What Rand actually said was patently ridiculous. It wasn't until I realized from reading other sources that what Rand said was self contradictory and realizing that he must have done that on purpose could I come to still support Rand. It's kind of like how I feel about Rand and means testing of social security. That's nuts if you want to save the system long term because it will turn part of America against it. So that must be what Rand is attempting to do. But I can't blame someone else for misreading it.

Slutter McGee
04-18-2011, 10:28 AM
Now this is the same guy who tried to convince us to donate by releasing push polls is it not? I have to say, I am very excited about what this means for the Ron Paul movement.

Slutter McGee