PDA

View Full Version : We need to start blogging on Democratic web sites

American
10-25-2007, 01:53 PM
I know this might not be welcome by some but these are real voters and with the choices today I think even Ron Paul's message would be a breathe of fresh air to all Americans.

I've been on few sites and the response has been pretty good, mostly just wanting to know more about Ron Paul. These are mostly democrats so they havent been watching the GOP debates and dont know that much about him. I have seen there will be one or two people that will be waiting to misrepresent certain issues about Dr. Paul but thats where the fun beings, if you like to debate anyways....I know its easier when you know you are right!!!......:rolleyes:

Anyways, I think its time we start talking to both sides of the isle and get support for Dr. Paul.

me3
10-25-2007, 01:58 PM
We need to start seriously start focusing more on offline than online. The only areas I see big online gains are in email projects, such as the one going on for Iowa right now.

Blogging is not going to win the election. Becoming a delegate in your neighborhood might. Please, hit the streets and meet real people.

james1844
10-25-2007, 01:58 PM
Good idea. Maybe we can get some fiscal conservative type democrats to cross over.

dsentell
10-25-2007, 02:02 PM
It is a good idea if you have the stomach for it!

One of my group members who posts on Democratic websites, just emailed me a couple of hours ago saying "Look what Ron Paul is up against." He was being called a "libertarian troll", "crap" and all kinds of other niceties. I read through all the Dem posts to learn that (1) Ron Paul is in favor of a flat tax, (2) that all the Democrat candidates say they will get us out of Iraq as soon as they are elected, and (3) that Ron Paul is going to take away all our freedom (after all, he is against abortion).

Best of luck, if you have the stomach for it! Personally, I would lose it pretty fast .............

DaronWestbrooke
10-25-2007, 02:03 PM
I am on Kos and Democratic Underground and I have to tell you, they are a lot more open to Dr. Paul than Patriot Post and Free Republican.

me3
10-25-2007, 02:04 PM
Some early state primary registrations are already closed for party crossover.

Let's worry about the nomination first, we can work on the registered and die hard Dems in the general, if we're fortunate enough to make it that far.

scubasteve01
10-25-2007, 02:05 PM
posted on an obama forum

"When I heard everyone say at the debate that they can't guaranty the troops will be out by 2013, I lost all faith in my party. I've officially converted over to the only one person who a) has a shot of winning and b) will end this war ASAP. Ron Paul."

Short, sweet... might get someone to look into him. Worth a shot at least. Can't wait till they retaliate.

Primbs
10-25-2007, 02:11 PM
Try to target early blogs in targeted states.

Also target blogs by industry type.

There are a lot of silicon valley type blogs to hit.

Hit some financial blogs as well.

American
10-25-2007, 02:21 PM
I am on Kos and Democratic Underground and I have to tell you, they are a lot more open to Dr. Paul than Patriot Post and Free Republican.

I find this to be true also, I work online so while I'm here I try and post at these left leaning sites.

Nothing will replace on the ground campaigning and this post wasnt intended to suggest otherwise. But if you are online and cant be on the ground this is a good way to reach the undecided left leaning voter and some life long Democrats.

Brian Bailey
10-25-2007, 02:21 PM
It's unfortunate to see some of the negative responses to ideas such as this one.

This is a great idea.

There are many different ways to spread our message and while I agree that getting out on the streets and talking to people should receive increased focus, reaching out to Democrats and Independents on Democratic websites can ONLY be a good thing.

(In particular, there are a large number of potential converts in the Obama crowd.)

Get out there and speak the truth, whether it's online or on the streets.

steph3n
10-25-2007, 02:22 PM
GET OFFLINE target real people. When people see REAL people supporting ron paul everywhere that will be the single largest change in the OFFLINE market!

American
10-25-2007, 02:23 PM
GET OFFLINE target real people. When people see REAL people supporting ron paul everywhere that will be the single largest change in the OFFLINE market!

Just like your doing now, right?

you always have the great ideas, you also supported the Nov 5th idea didnt you?

:D

me3
10-25-2007, 02:24 PM
If you're online and have some time at a computer to help the campaign, the Iowa email effort could use more support.

This is about reaching real people, in an inexpensive and meaningful way, with the focus on raising a lot of awareness and better our results in the state.

steph3n
10-25-2007, 02:24 PM
Just like your doing now, right?

you always have the great ideas, you also supported the Nov 5th idea didnt you?

:D

I passed out 250 cards and spoke to 30 people for more than 3 min, no negative reactions.
I pledged for nov 5th too...........and nov 11th, can't do any more after that, I will have maxed :(

Tina
10-25-2007, 02:32 PM
This is a good idea. My entire family is going to vote for Paul. All of them lifelong dems. But, they are all very anti-war. A main issue for them.

The real anti-war people will vote for him once they listen to what he is saying.

constituent
10-25-2007, 03:08 PM
been doin,' taken a break lately.... perhaps i'll start up again.

LeFou
10-25-2007, 03:14 PM
It's a great idea. Nice bum, too.
One of the best things about the RP crowd is its diversity.
My three favorite candidates, in order, are probably
Ron
Barack
McCain and Hillary (tie)