PDA

View Full Version : Obama Is Going To Cut The Deficit By $4Trillion

anaconda
04-13-2011, 07:06 PM
How can the idiot in chief cut $4 trillion form the deficit when the deficit is $1.6 trillion?

h xxp://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/04/13/huffpost-hill-obama-talks_n_848923.html

Anyone else get the feeling that both Ryan AND Soetoro intend to throw meaningless numbers around in the media with the intention of having the American Sheep believe them?

eduardo89
04-13-2011, 07:12 PM
I think it means cut it by $4 trillion over 10 years from expected deficits. Meaning: Instead of adding $x to the debt, he'll add $x-4trillion....it'll still probably go up by a few trillion though

anaconda
04-13-2011, 07:19 PM
I think it means cut it by $4 trillion over 10 years from expected deficits. Meaning: Instead of adding $x to the debt, he'll add $x-4trillion....it'll still probably go up by a few trillion though

Thank you for this explanation. So the politicians are, in fact, trying to intentionally deceive the American People who are not acutely informed. This makes me sick.

eduardo89
04-13-2011, 07:20 PM
Thank you for this explanation. So the politicians are, in fact, trying to intentionally deceive the American People who are not acutely informed. This makes me sick.

Yeah, the $4 trillion in cuts, is just a reduction in increase in spending. It doesn't mean anything will actually be cut. The budget will continue to grow.

jclay2
04-13-2011, 07:29 PM
For those wondering, here is how the 4 trillion number is reached,

1 Trillion dollars "saved" by reduced interest expense.
1 Trillion dollars "saved" by ending tax cuts on Quazillionaires.
2 Trillion dollars of proposed cuts.

Mind you, this is over a 10 year period. So in reality, obama is proposing a 200 billion / year cut in spending. Given that we have a 1.6 trillion dollar deficit that is growing every year, these cuts amount to nothing. Also, as the 38 billion in cuts that was agreed upon last week actually turned out to be 353 million, I would predict that these are just useless numbers with a "trillion" behind them to brainwash the sheep.

Peace&Freedom
04-13-2011, 07:31 PM
Isn't it saddening how from war issues, where launching invasions, bombings and occupations are called "defense," to fiscal issues where spending trillions more is reported as "supporting trillions in cuts," politicians have diluted language of its basic meaning?

anaconda
04-13-2011, 07:32 PM
For those wondering, here is how the 4 trillion number is reached,

1 Trillion dollars "saved" by reduced interest expense.
1 Trillion dollars "saved" by ending tax cuts on Quazillionaires.
2 Trillion dollars of proposed cuts.

Mind you, this is over a 10 year period. So in reality, obama is proposing a 200 billion / year cut in spending. Given that we have a 1.6 trillion dollar deficit that is growing every year, these cuts amount to nothing. Also, as the 38 billion in cuts that was agreed upon last week actually turned out to be 353 million, I would predict that these are just useless numbers with a "trillion" behind them to brainwash the sheep.

This is laughable in the same way that Ryan's budget is. What neither mention is that while they're "slashing spending" they are adding horrific amounts to the national debt.

anaconda
04-13-2011, 07:34 PM
Isn't it saddening how from war issues, where launching invasions, bombings and occupations are called "defense," to fiscal issues where spending trillions more is reported as "supporting trillions in cuts," politicians have diluted language of its basic meaning?

I hope Rand embarrasses all of these jackasses loud and clear on as many main stream media appearances as possible. Don't they know that we now have a guy in the Senate that will call out their lies? I'm surprised they are even trying it.

Zippyjuan
04-14-2011, 12:43 PM
I was looking at Rand's numbers and his proposal to cut $4 trillion and balance the budget in five years. I was having troubles finding exactly how he was getting $4 tirllion in "cuts" too. Total government spending at the end of the five years was like $200 billion (yes, just billion) after five years and revenues (tax collections) were $1.2 trillion higher (about 50% higher than they are now). Taxes as a percent of GDP rose from 14.8% to 18% which would mean higher taxes. I looked at the numbers in this thread: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?287150-Anybody-have-that-video-of-Rand-saying-how-Ryans-Budget-ups-debt-by-8-trillion-or-so As I said there, despite this, Rand is doing more towards at least trying to get the budget under control than anybody else.

Link to his proposal (and the source of my numbers): http://campaignforliberty.com/materials/RandBudget.pdf

Grubb556
04-14-2011, 01:24 PM
I assume cuting "projected increased spending" counts as a cut ?

AuH20
04-14-2011, 01:27 PM
Isn't the interest more than 400 billion per year?

anaconda
04-14-2011, 09:26 PM
I assume cuting "projected increased spending" counts as a cut ?

I think Rand maybe addressed it in his latest speech. Soetoro wants to "cut" $4 trillion from his previously proposed $42 trillion in spending. What a guy that Soetoro is!

Original_Intent
04-14-2011, 09:31 PM
yeah I am sick of hearing how much they intend to cut "over the next ten years". Easy to make most of the cuts in the next guy's term.

Tell me how much you are going to cut today, tomorrow, next week, next month.