PDA

View Full Version : Find the 6 trillion in cuts in the Paul Ryan budget

stuntman stoll
04-13-2011, 04:35 PM
This is a graph I just made of the future debt projection with Paul Ryan's extreme and draconian cuts. We are so F'ed.
http://www.crescenttide.com/paulryandebt.jpg

TheNcredibleEgg
04-13-2011, 05:04 PM
Let's try to find Waldo in India instead.

It'd be much easier.

Matt Collins
04-18-2011, 11:09 PM
This is my understanding of Paul Ryan's plan:

- It allows for 10 more years of deficit spending
- It adds between $5-11 TRILLION dollars to the national debt
- It spends a total of $40 TRILLION over the next 10 years
- It will REQUIRE the debt ceiling to be raised
- It's obviously an unbalanced budget (in fact it doesn't fully balance until the year 2040)
- It actually continues to increase spending over the next few years (it merely slows the rate of spending, not actually cutting spending anytime soon)
- It is still bigger than the budget we had under Bill Clinton

Am I right correct???

TheNcredibleEgg
04-18-2011, 11:19 PM
Am I right correct???

The projections also factor in NO recessions. NO slowdowns. Just nothing but solid, smooth 4%+ GDP increases each and every year for the next two decades - or however long the plan entails.

So, yeah, good luck with that.

Zippyjuan
04-19-2011, 01:12 PM
For comparison, Rand's proposal assumes 26% growth in GDP in the next five years to balance his budget. That seems pretty optomistic too. He also assumes that government revenues grow by 50% over those five years (increasing by $1.2 trillion). Total government spending would be about what it is today (well, about $200 billion lower). And yes, it too would be larger than under Clinton.

Source: http://campaignforliberty.com/materials/RandBudget.pdf See pages 49- 50.

sailingaway
04-19-2011, 01:13 PM
Is this a trick picture like the Highlights 'find the hidden spoon' pictures?

http://www.highlightskids.com/GamesandGiggles/HiddenPics/HiddenPicsPrintable/HP1624_plumbersatWork.asp

Koz
04-19-2011, 04:04 PM
Paul Ryan is a Jackass.

ItsTime
04-19-2011, 04:20 PM
This is my understanding of Paul Ryan's plan:

- It allows for 10 more years of deficit spending
- It adds between $5-11 TRILLION dollars to the national debt
- It spends a total of $40 TRILLION over the next 10 years
- It will REQUIRE the debt ceiling to be raised
- It's obviously an unbalanced budget (in fact it doesn't fully balance until the year 2040)
- It actually continues to increase spending over the next few years (it merely slows the rate of spending, not actually cutting spending anytime soon)
- It is still bigger than the budget we had under Bill Clinton

Am I right correct???

That is how I understand it.

stuntman stoll
04-19-2011, 04:27 PM
Am I right correct???
I don't know what Paul Ryan is claiming, but based on CBO projections with rosy (ie. only with with a cold snap in hell) economic assumptions the deficit remains at about .5 trillion every year for the next roughly 15 years. Then it goes down to the break even point in about 30 years.