PDA

View Full Version : San Francisco to require ID scans, photos of everyone who goes to a Venue or Bar

DamianTV
04-13-2011, 03:33 PM
http://www.boingboing.net/2011/04/12/san-francisco-to-req.html

San Francisco's Entertainment Commission has proposed that all bars, clubs, and venues should be required to photograph and collect ID from everyone who comes in for a drink or a show. The photos and personal information would be retained so that police could get a list of every person who was in the club on any given night. Leaving aside the (obvious) fourth amendment issues inherent in governments collecting massive databases of presumed-innocent people's lawful activities and movements, this is also a security nightmare, in which thousands of club staff and their friends would have access to personal information that would be of great interest to stalkers, creeps and identity thieves.

DamianTV
04-13-2011, 04:50 PM
(bump, just once)

Does this not bother anyone? Well, Im sure it does, but, no replies?

TheNcredibleEgg
04-13-2011, 05:00 PM
(bump, just once)

Perhaps people have just completely given up on San Francisco.

As far as me - if I owned a bar there, I would refuse to comply. This would be a big enough affront of gov't abuse to finally stand up and say no. (Not to mention the costs and hassles require to implement such a law.) Let them shut me down or put me in jail - or whatever.

(I know it's easy for me to say that - since I don't own a bar there - but I cannot fathom complying to something so unconstitutional and in a word - evil.)

Anti Federalist
04-13-2011, 05:08 PM
(bump, just once)

I beat you to the punch...I posted this story about three days IIRC.

;)

dannno
04-13-2011, 05:15 PM
What a dumb idea.

ihsv
04-13-2011, 05:29 PM
Perhaps people have just completely given up on San Francisco.

^^^
This

HOLLYWOOD
04-13-2011, 05:46 PM
Well, San Franciscans continues to re-elect Nancy Pelosi... kinda tells you about their kaleidoscope thought patterns and lack of common sense.

Obviously, it's a private establishment and a violation of US Constitution. Let's see where the ACLU jumps in on this.