PDA

View Full Version : Ron came in 8th with 3% in a fox poll last week?!

Dave Aiello
04-13-2011, 02:53 PM
This may have been mentioned here, but I browse the board pretty regularly and haven't seen this before finding a link to this poll tracker on wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nationwide_opinion_polling_for_the_United_States_p residential_election,_2012

Here's an article discussing the results: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/04/08/us2012-primary-15-huckabe_n_846627.html

This is Ron's worst showing yet.

sailingaway
04-13-2011, 03:05 PM
Pollsters: Anderson Robbins Research (D) and
Shaw & Company Research (R)

Who?

Margin of error +/- 5%

Small sample when you break out subgroups like just the GOP primary. We'll see if we get any others with those sort of numbers.

specsaregood
04-13-2011, 03:07 PM

If you review the details, Ron Paul placed #1 with 14% of independents. the 3% was with republicans.

And 2nd highest 10% with people under 35 -- how palin can score 19% in that age group is beyond me.

JoshLowry
04-13-2011, 03:12 PM
Not all polling companies are created equal.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/plum-line/2010/09/internal_poll_kentucky_senate.html

Fredom101
04-13-2011, 03:13 PM
You guys watch too much TV. :(

iamse7en
04-13-2011, 03:19 PM
You guys watch too much TV. :(

Apparently the gambling public watches too much TV as well, because RP's chances to win nomination at Intrade are at 2%. Come on guys. This election is about education, not winning. Let's be serious.

ForLibertyFight
04-13-2011, 03:21 PM
We are going to campaign to win. The education campaign was in 2008.

Romulus
04-13-2011, 03:40 PM
Apparently the gambling public watches too much TV as well, because RP's chances to win nomination at Intrade are at 2%. Come on guys. This election is about education, not winning. Let's be serious.

I wonder what Intrade gave Rand's chances of winning before he ran?

Dave Aiello
04-13-2011, 03:54 PM

Ron reached over 8% on intrade for his chance to win last election. At this time last year, Ron was barely showing at all in national polls. This year, he's consistently between 7-10%. If we make the same progress we made last year, you can tack on about 10 points to that. Who's not running to win? This election is about educating to win, not just educating.

PS - I'd still be buying up shares of Ron in Intrade, especially since they're currently priced so cheap. Take a look at how he traded last election. Notice he was trading at almost 10%, higher than McCain, in about November '07.

This chart was from after the election was pretty much decided.

http://www.intrade.com/Market_Moves/20080116/GOP.png

Also, notice that Giuliani was trading as the frontrunner the entire time, and Ron ended up out-polling him in the primaries.

IDefendThePlatform
04-13-2011, 04:09 PM
Ron reached over 8% on intrade for his chance to win last election. At this time last year, Ron was barely showing at all in national polls. This year, he's consistently between 7-10%. If we make the same progress we made last year, you can tack on about 10 points to that. Who's not running to win? This election is about educating to win, not just educating.

PS - I'd still be buying up shares of Ron in Intrade, especially since they're currently priced so cheap. Take a look at how he traded last election. Notice he was trading at almost 10%, higher than McCain, in about November '07.

This chart was from after the election was pretty much decided.

http://www.intrade.com/Market_Moves/20080116/GOP.png

Also, notice that Giuliani was trading as the frontrunner the entire time, and Ron ended up out-polling him in the primaries.

Yeah, and look where Mccain's numbers were before he shot up and won it. Elections can swing rapidly. People are fickle. If Ron can win Iowa, then the people realize small government is possible, that could be a gamechanger.

Dave Aiello
04-13-2011, 04:15 PM
Yeah, and look where Mccain's numbers were before he shot up and won it. Elections can swing rapidly. People are fickle. If Ron can win Iowa, then the people realize small government is possible, that could be a gamechanger.

Indeed.. Ron was trading at 0.2% at this time last election.

sailingaway
04-13-2011, 05:11 PM

I think we should try New Hampshire, for a strong second, try Iowa for as much as we can get so we won't be marginalized, but think more about delegates in Nevada etc. Unfortunately the early states are not Ron's best states. Which is not to say we shouldn't race in every state to win, but to say we shouldn't hang our hopes on the Bible Belt.

IDefendThePlatform
04-13-2011, 05:22 PM
I think we should try New Hampshire, for a strong second, try Iowa for as much as we can get so we won't be marginalized, but think more about delegates in Nevada etc. Unfortunately the early states are not Ron's best states. Which is not to say we shouldn't race in every state to win, but to say we shouldn't hang our hopes on the Bible Belt.

I get what you're saying, but Nevada is actually pretty tough too from the polling numbers I've seen. Even if we can pull some convention magic with the delegates, that still doesn't get us the legitimacy we need in the eyes of the MSM and republican voters. I know its a tough nut to crack, but I really think we have to go "all in" on Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina and Nevada if we want a real chance at the nomination. As far as I'm concerned, the other 46 states don't even exist right now.

Also, if Huckster doesn't end up running I see no reason why we shouldn't pull in at least 2/3 of his voters, especially in the bible belt. I think we need to push Ron's religious credentials more, cuz I swear that's the only reason Huck gets any votes to begin with.

Johnnymac
04-13-2011, 05:22 PM
here we go again...

Theocrat
04-13-2011, 05:23 PM
This may have been mentioned here, but I browse the board pretty regularly and haven't seen this before finding a link to this poll tracker on wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nationwide_opinion_polling_for_the_United_States_p residential_election,_2012

Here's an article discussing the results: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/04/08/us2012-primary-15-huckabe_n_846627.html

We need more of us in our mothers' basements, spamming polls! :eek:

IDefendThePlatform
04-13-2011, 05:24 PM
Really, it sounds like we basically agree. Just thought I'd restate it again.

HOLLYWOOD
04-13-2011, 05:43 PM
The 4th Branch of the Federal Government (Corporate Main Stream Media) aka Public Relations Firms of Propaganda conducted a poll and the Statists/Globalists/Establishment Hacks are polling in the top 3? Surprise, Surprise, Surprise.... imagine that! So tired of these FAUX aka Frank Luntz garbage polls. :rolleyes:

Remember; Executives from all the major corporate media, meet each and every week with the government's Executive Branch.

US Polls are to manipulate the masses and these 'Tracking Polls' steer the innocent and ignorance America down the wrong tracks on purpose.

AGRP
04-13-2011, 05:45 PM
Pre-election polls are like pre-season sports rankings: They don't mean crap.

They are used to manipulate the public and to keep their donors/season ticket holders/masters/etc. happy. If polls ment anything, Notre Dame would have won every championship in existence for the past 20 years. What does ND have that most other teams don't have that allows them to be ranked so high every year despite being so bad? $$$$$ and power via a large donor base. They know that a higher pre-season rank = more ticket sales/revenue/influence/etc.

iamse7en
04-13-2011, 08:05 PM

Lol, I had the same thought. I used up all my funds buying Ron Paul contracts. I know at some point in the elections they'll be much higher than 2%, at which point I'll need to sell. Just gotta find that high point. Kinda funny too, his chances of winning election are higher than nomination. :) I'd love to see him run 3rd party so the education continues. America needs it. Then they'll look back at his videos on YouTube after the dollar crashes. That should help Rand's popularity. :)

Anti Federalist
04-13-2011, 08:11 PM
I'm in this 100 percent, and will back Ron regardless of what kind of campaign he runs.

That said, these numbers, about 3 - 10 percent of GOP voters, is probably correct.

The GOP is not going to nominate an anti war candidate.

Ain't gonna happen.

The GOP base is as addicted to the "warfare" wing of the welfare/warfare state as the Democrat base is as addicted to the "welfare" wing.

Dave Aiello
04-13-2011, 10:06 PM
I'm in this 100 percent, and will back Ron regardless of what kind of campaign he runs.

That said, these numbers, about 3 - 10 percent of GOP voters, is probably correct.

Ain't gonna happen.

The GOP base is as addicted to the "warfare" wing of the welfare/warfare state as the Democrat base is as addicted to the "welfare" wing.

Good point. Ron Paul is to the GOP as a fiscally conservate democrat would be to the dems.

AuH20
04-13-2011, 10:15 PM

Ain't gonna happen.

That's not only it. Anyone considered a retread is being summarily removed from the equation. I've been carefully reading some of the interviews from the folks in some of these early primary states. This is Ron's third go-around for president? Correct? Gingrich is getting similar heat for being that familiar face. Romney is another that they want to go away, aside from the republicans in the Northeast. They want something new and bold, which explains why the irreverent Trump has been embraced so quickly. I think if 2008 never happened, Ron could theoretically perform better just because he would have a fresher appeal.