PDA

View Full Version : Donald Trump off to a promising start

RonPaulFanInGA
04-13-2011, 09:24 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2011/OPINION/04/13/bennett.if.trump.runs/?hpt=Sbin

For the past three months, Donald Trump has been making a lot of news about his possible run for the presidency. It started in February when he spoke at the annual gathering of CPAC.

Proving he is willing to call 'em as he sees 'em, and not following the traditional advice for prospective candidates that it's not a good idea to anger your audience, he jumped right in to challenge the Ron Paul supporters in the crowd, saying of Paul, "He has zero chance of getting elected."

Trump was booed and jeered, but he did not care. He did not couch or backtrack. Instead he looked right into the crowd and then said something that converted the heckles to applause, "If I run, and if I win, this country will be respected again."

What most observers picked up from this small moment was: A) Trump would not be a poll-tested, talking point candidate. B) He would be willing to challenge audiences in front of him, caring less about their applause and more about speaking his own mind. C) There is an authenticity to him. There was something about his speaking up for a newly respected America that rang honest and sincere -- and most importantly, was needed.

Matthew Zak
04-13-2011, 09:28 AM
Something authentic about him? Oh brother.

I mean yeah, maybe its good to know what the enemy is up to, but it just pisses me off.

acptulsa
04-13-2011, 09:31 AM
Authentic. An authentic a**hole.

Promising? When you begin by telling G.O.P. voters to nominate you or you'll go do an independent run against their pick, all you're promising to do is go down in flames.

pcosmar
04-13-2011, 09:38 AM
Oh goody
Another Trump thread.

Are we promoting him now?

:(

Matt Collins
04-13-2011, 10:08 AM
Trump only has name recognition. Once the GOP base starts to learn about him he'll be sunk.

Romulus
04-13-2011, 11:01 AM
Oh goody
Another Trump thread.

Are we promoting him now?

:(

This... I'm going to start questioning those who are posting threads with pro-Trump titles.