PDA

View Full Version : Rand (with Graham and Lee) Coming up on Fox

thehighwaymanq
04-13-2011, 04:46 AM
Just heard this while watching Fox and Friends. No idea when or on what but just announced. Should be in the next hour I guess.

acptulsa
04-13-2011, 05:07 AM
Undoubtedly about Social Security reform. The three of them are volunteering to touch The Third Rail.

eduardo89
04-13-2011, 05:14 AM
Yeah it will be about SS, can't imagine another reason for Rand to be speaking with that neocon hack

sailingaway
04-13-2011, 07:21 AM
Oh man, I'm not sure I can watch Rand with Lindsay, there is something obscene about that combination. You all can just tell me what happens...

acptulsa
04-13-2011, 07:23 AM
Oh man, I'm not sure I can watch Rand with Lindsay, there is something obscene about that combination. You all can just tell me what happens...

Paul will make sense and Graham will spend the whole time looking at Paul's butt.

sailingaway
04-13-2011, 07:25 AM
Paul will make sense and Graham will spend the whole time looking at Paul's butt.

Someone else can just tell me what happens.... :p

acptulsa
04-13-2011, 07:29 AM
Someone else can just tell me what happens.... :p

Guess so, 'cause I doubt I could watch that either.

Sola_Fide
04-13-2011, 07:50 AM
Rand, Lee, and......who?

acptulsa
04-13-2011, 07:51 AM
Rand, Lee, and......who?

A guy in a closet.

Jeremy
04-13-2011, 08:05 AM
Let's stop making fun of his supposed sexuality...

acptulsa
04-13-2011, 08:10 AM

Yeah, good idea.

S.Shorland
04-13-2011, 08:48 AM
will the actual press conference be on c-span live?

sailingaway
04-13-2011, 08:57 AM

I think he's asexual, like an earthworm.

Sola_Fide
04-13-2011, 08:58 AM
Lindsey's gay? Sick!

Inkblots
04-13-2011, 09:00 AM
Lindsey's gay? Sick!

No, but people like to mock him as such. I think it's because of his voice?

Inkblots
04-13-2011, 09:01 AM
So, how was the segment?

sailingaway
04-13-2011, 09:02 AM
No, but people like to mock him as such. I think it's because of his voice?

It isn't his sexuality per se, it is his inhuman-ness. He reminds me of that scene in Men in Black II (or I?) where the farmer is really an alien in an 'Earl suit'.

angelatc
04-13-2011, 09:12 AM

Yeah. it makes my skin crawl a little too. Graham is a snake, and I just have to pray that Rand knows that.

ctiger2
04-13-2011, 09:25 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4ZwlVEP1ag

sailingaway
04-13-2011, 09:37 AM
Well, at least Mike Lee stood in the middle. I LOVE that they asked Rand, not Lindsay to 'announce' it......:D

They need to better package the means testing....for EVERYONE it is 'insurance' in case they don't end up having that money for whatever investment risk or inflationary reason. However, for those making over $250000 (or whatever the # is) AFTER retirement the real political choice available is whether they pay MORE in tax (above the current ss tax cut off) to trust government to manage their money so they get more of an annuity later.....or to not trust government with their further taxes and manage it on their own. If they are going to have more than $250,000 a year after they retire, (or whatever) they likely are better managers than the government and would prefer this deal to the alternative. It is a sort of opt out option, rather than being compelled to give more, which is the only other solution with enough votes to pass it. Meanwhile if no solution is found, the system will fail for everyone.

Inkblots
04-13-2011, 09:49 AM
Good interview! And frankly, I like seeing Sen. Graham standing there with them. It practically shouts that our problems have become so unignorable that even establishment pols are being forced to climb on board the reform bandwagon.

sailingaway
04-13-2011, 09:50 AM
Good interview! And frankly, I like seeing Sen. Graham standing there with them. It practically shouts that our problems have become so unignorable that even establishment pols are being forced to climb on board the reform bandwagon.

Just as long as the Earl suit stays on....

Inkblots
04-13-2011, 09:51 AM
Does anyone know where I can find some coverage of that press conference they mentioned? It was supposed to start at 11...

angelatc
04-13-2011, 11:50 AM
Graham really looks like a little old lady man standing next to Lee and Paul.

S.Shorland
04-13-2011, 12:13 PM
What are the chances of it passing? Seventy is a good age and what do you live on if you're a 65 year old bricklayer who isn't wanted anymore? I know your country is broke so it needs to pass but what are the chances? Hopefully a Gold standard will be instituted and peoples' savings will increase in value through productivity before many hit the upper limit but what are its chances of passing now?

Justinjj1
04-13-2011, 12:29 PM
How about doing like Ron suggested and letting young people opt out of the system, and "take care of all the elderly, all those who are dependent, but I would save the money from this wild spending overseas."

When are Rand and Mike Lee going to tackle military spending? Rand's SS plan seems like total B.S. to me. He's going to raise the retirement age to 70?!, and have "means testing". So, if you're worth over a certain amount of money then you will get NO Social Security even though you paid into it your whole life? Sounds like a pretty crappy plan to me, that is going to screw over younger people, but not piss off any key voters over 56.

Brian4Liberty
04-13-2011, 01:35 PM
Rand and Lee needed a senior Senator to bring some credibility, Graham is desperate for any credibility at all. IMHO, they should have found a different "senior" Senator...

Austrian Econ Disciple
04-13-2011, 01:38 PM
I've always liked the idea to end SS immediately, and to sell off Federal Lands in order to pay back the money to those who were taxed. While not the ideal solution, it is nevertheless the most palatable one in a political context. I do not like keeping SS whatsoever, for any amount of time, because 5 year or 10 year plans never work & of course, it is a giant theft racket. Either you end it immediately or we'll be stuck with it until the USG defaults, or a state seceedes.

awake
04-13-2011, 03:35 PM
I can't help but think Lindsey is the chaperon in this group effort. If things get too far outside accepted establishment control, Graham will play spoiler.

eduardo89
04-13-2011, 03:51 PM
Have they released details on their plan?

Brett85
04-13-2011, 04:47 PM
How about doing like Ron suggested and letting young people opt out of the system, and "take care of all the elderly, all those who are dependent, but I would save the money from this wild spending overseas."

When are Rand and Mike Lee going to tackle military spending? Rand's SS plan seems like total B.S. to me. He's going to raise the retirement age to 70?!, and have "means testing". So, if you're worth over a certain amount of money then you will get NO Social Security even though you paid into it your whole life? Sounds like a pretty crappy plan to me, that is going to screw over younger people, but not piss off any key voters over 56.

They decided to come up with a proposal that decreases Social Security spending over time and actually has a chance of passing.

majinkoola
04-13-2011, 09:18 PM
I'm a "younger voter" and I don't plan on getting it. This will prevent my taxes from going up. Ideally I'd pay 0 and receive 0, but that won't happen. So this is an OK plan.

majinkoola
04-13-2011, 09:26 PM
Except it does especially screw over people making between 43k and 102k (the cutoff for FICA taxes). They pay taxes on everything they make above 43k and get nothing of that back.

IMO in ten years we will all be laughing about how pointless this idea was whenever the dollar is worthless.

Inkblots
04-13-2011, 09:46 PM
Except it does especially screw over people making between 43k and 102k (the cutoff for FICA taxes). They pay taxes on everything they make above 43k and get nothing of that back.

You're mistaken. Earned income above a lifetime yearly average of $43000/year still counts, just at a reduced rate as you move into higher brackets. There isn't a total cutoff at 43k. Basically, it's the inverse of the graduated income tax; it's just that rather than the more you earn, the more of each marginal dollar you have to pay to the government, in this plan, the more you earn, the less return you get on each marginal dollar of payroll tax "invested".

S.Shorland
04-14-2011, 06:08 AM
I was wrong about Graham.When he's not ranting against Ron Paul he's a very good speaker.