PDA

View Full Version : Liberty or Safety?

ChrisDiamond
04-13-2011, 03:44 AM
The TSA performed a pat-down and drug test on a 6-year old girl in New Orleans last week. They've taken the pants off of an elderly man with a prosthesis, patted down other kids AFTER getting off a bus... Who are the terrorists? According to the TSA, its all of us, but as an agency that strips away our rights on a daily basis, I'd say it's THEM. Please 'like' The Liberty Minute Webpage and share!

http://www.thelibertyminute.com

nobody's_hero
04-13-2011, 03:49 AM
Both. The trick is to develop a system that keeps you as safe and free as possible. Washington doesn't want to do this because it is lazy and doesn't really care if the shortcuts it takes infringes upon liberty. It hopes people will buy into the false notion that you must give up one to have the other.

Verrater
04-13-2011, 01:13 PM
The title should read: Liberty or False security?

Stary Hickory
04-13-2011, 01:14 PM
Slaves lead safe predictable lives, obey and survive, get a meager living and sustenance until you are no longer useful. To me this is something that is very dangerous.

Vessol
04-13-2011, 01:18 PM
The State only cares about its cattle because they provide the parasite's blood.

Wesker1982
04-13-2011, 01:25 PM
The State only cares about its cattle because they provide the parasite's blood.

Yep. The little liberty we are granted exists only so we can be productive enough to be taxed.

cameronb
04-13-2011, 01:55 PM
My personal solution was to opt out of using services, but when we opt out of flying they go to bus depots... what's next, pat downs at highway checkpoints (like at the "border checkpoints" 70 miles from the border in CA)?

-Cameron
www.fartherforward.com
Your Path to Self Sufficient Living

Vessol
04-13-2011, 01:57 PM
Unfortunately, thanks to the Commerce Clause, the Federal Government has a constitutional right to regulate them.

ChaosControl
04-13-2011, 02:09 PM
The nation once fought against slavery, now it fights for slavery.

DamianTV
04-13-2011, 04:31 PM
Think about how many people (and dogs) get killed by cops every year. The cops usually are not charged with murder. Oh yeah, I had to tazer that unconscious guy in a diabetic coma in the hospital bed while he was hooked up to an EKG because he wasnt responding to my demands. You are far more likely to be killed by a police officer (even if you are the one that called the cops) than you are by a terrorist or an invading army. Never call the Cops (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?284772-Dial-911-and-die...again.&highlight=talk+cops)!

So, who is going to "protect" you from the people that are supposed to "protect" you?

The cops are essencially the thugs of the and career politicians and bureaucrats in the District of Criminals (D.C.) and having to work with them is akin to working with the mafia. You need to pay the mafia for "protection services" or they are the ones that come and break your kneecaps.

Mini-Me
04-13-2011, 09:31 PM
Think about how many people (and dogs) get killed by cops every year. The cops usually are not charged with murder. Oh yeah, I had to tazer that unconscious guy in a diabetic coma in the hospital bed while he was hooked up to an EKG because he wasnt responding to my demands. You are far more likely to be killed by a police officer (even if you are the one that called the cops) than you are by a terrorist or an invading army. Never call the Cops (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?284772-Dial-911-and-die...again.&highlight=talk+cops)!

So, who is going to "protect" you from the people that are supposed to "protect" you?

The cops are essencially the thugs of the and career politicians and bureaucrats in the District of Criminals (D.C.) and having to work with them is akin to working with the mafia. You need to pay the mafia for "protection services" or they are the ones that come and break your kneecaps.

It's not even a metaphor; governments and mafias are quite literally the same type of entity, just at different stages of growth/power/entrenchment. Taxation and protection money are the exact same thing...though I'm not sure which is meant as a euphemism for the other. Street gangs, mafias, etc. are just the larval stage of government, and nation-states are the full-blown leviathan stage. The larger and older ones are more orderly, and they're a lot better at PR because of it, but the fundamentals are the same.