qh4dotcom
04-12-2011, 10:25 PM
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2011/images/04/12/rel6c.pdf

trey4sports
04-12-2011, 10:27 PM
God Damnit

Fox McCloud
04-12-2011, 10:30 PM
People are actually taking trump seriously and polling that highly for him?

Just what we need, a protectionist in the White House >.>

matt0611
04-12-2011, 10:46 PM
Huckabee?
Trump?

What is wrong with people?

TER
04-12-2011, 10:48 PM
This poll may actually be encouraging if Huck does not run. Is he? :confused:

mport1
04-12-2011, 10:59 PM
It is really a sign of how terrible these "top tier" candidates are when people say they would vote for Trump. Trump is a huge joke. If he got the nomination I bet he wouldn't even get 40% of the vote.

qh4dotcom
04-12-2011, 11:04 PM
It is really a sign of how terrible these "top tier" candidates are when people say they would vote for Trump. Trump is a huge joke. If he got the nomination I bet he wouldn't even get 40% of the vote.

You're forgetting about the upcoming economic collapse...do you think Obama can get 40% with gasoline at $10/gallon, severe inflation, high unemployment, etc.

doodle
04-12-2011, 11:19 PM
If Trump is Republican party's top pick, it deserves to be doomed.

mport1
04-12-2011, 11:21 PM
You're forgetting about the upcoming economic collapse...do you think Obama can get 40% with gasoline at $10/gallon, severe inflation, high unemployment, etc.

Only if he is running against a buffoon like Trump. With the terrible field of Republicans right now I think Obama can get a second term unless Ron or Rand get the nomination.

Fredom101
04-12-2011, 11:36 PM
Only if he is running against a buffoon like Trump. With the terrible field of Republicans right now I think Obama can get a second term unless Ron or Rand get the nomination.

It's always a terrible field of republicans. Remember last time we had Rudy & McCain & later Freddy Thompson. The president in 2012 has likely already been determined, and the GOP is just getting underway. They will float a few candidates in the media and see who "sticks". If no one sticks they will just pick someone to be the "front runner" and just keep saying that word with that candidate's name over and over until everyone just accepts that it must be true. This is how elections work.

Fredom101
04-12-2011, 11:41 PM

It's always a terrible field of republicans. Remember last time we had Rudy & McCain & later Freddy Thompson. The president in 2012 has likely already been determined, and the GOP is just getting underway. They will float a few candidates in the media and see who "sticks". If no one sticks they will just pick someone to be the "front runner" and just keep saying that word with that candidate's name over and over until everyone just accepts that it must be true. This is how elections work.

RonPaulFanInGA
04-13-2011, 12:30 AM
Donald Trump sure took his revenge quick.

First he was heckled by Ron Paul supporters at CPAC. That provoked some blowback and Trump made widely-reported comments about Ron Paul having no chance to be elected President. Ron Paul then dismisses Trump's chances and what does Trump do? He shoots up to first place in the national GOP presidential primary polls in a couple of months while Paul is still toiling in single digits as he has been since 2007.

Depressing.

Don Lapre
04-13-2011, 12:34 AM
Trump's current appeal with the sheeple is understandable.

People have a sense that something is REALLY wrong with our country right now.

1. The current president has gone to great lengths to diminish America.
2. The current president is running us straight into the ground with his CRAZY economic policies.

So here comes an "outsider" who isn't mincing words.
No political double-talk.

He's selling HARD a very strong America first point of view.
And he's got a background of success in business.

Yep, there is a very big appetite out there for what he is selling.

Dave Aiello
04-13-2011, 12:53 AM
I quit. Donald Trump r3VOLution! :/

Lothario
04-13-2011, 12:58 AM
well we will have to go into media overdrive after his official announcement - if Ron Paul's face is everywhere anyone looks - then things could be interesting. He's gotta appear intelligent, but to dumb people...

Matthew Zak
04-13-2011, 01:04 AM
Ron Paul is in striking distance. He's polling much higher than he was this time in '07. Just keep pushing everyone, don't get discouraged.

messana
04-13-2011, 01:23 AM
From their website poll....

http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/8250/unledvi.png

jmdrake
04-13-2011, 03:06 AM
If you buy this poll, Trump has basically taken votes from Romney. Romney loosing steam is good for us long term. Trump is basically surging because of the birther issue. I know that's hard for some people here to swallow because they have wrongly convinced themselves that anything remotely "conspiratorial" must be "death" in the polls. It's only "death" if you trip over yourself like Medina did and offend both sides. The real story, besides Romney, is that Huckabee is holding steady. If either Palin or Huckabee drops out the other will surge because they are both taking votes from each other.

eOs
04-13-2011, 03:10 AM
We must kill television..it's the only way.

TNforPaul45
04-13-2011, 05:58 AM
I have a feeling... Let us wait until after the first televised debate before we give strong importance to these polls. People dont watch ron paul videos like we do. We shall see how people react after they have watched him on the talking box in the livingroom.

AlexMerced
04-13-2011, 06:09 AM
Looks like Trump really had an effect on Mitt Romneys support, our 1% drop seems to be party of the 5% for Michelle Bachman who wasn't polled prior. Bachman seemed to have an effect on the "conservative" candidates.

Doubting that Palin or Huckabee will run, what it will be at the end of th day may be very different.

acptulsa
04-13-2011, 06:10 AM
I've heard no announcement about who's airing the debate. I sure hope that for the $25,000 and the 'committee requirement', whatever that entails (putting the broke RNC staff on campaign payrolls?) we get at least one actual broadcast channel per jurisdiction.

AlexMerced
04-13-2011, 06:12 AM
Also... if you look at the questions "who would you like to see run", Trump, Palin, and Gingrinch are very devisive... Huckabees support is insanely strong no matter how you slice it in this report.

acptulsa
04-13-2011, 06:14 AM
Also... if you look at the questions "who would you like to see run", Trump, Palin, and Gingrinch are very devisive... Huckabees support is insanely strong no matter how you slice it in this report.

Honestly, I think this is the only question Republicans are taking the least bit seriously at this point. I expect many get surveys at this early date and their reactions are about 25% oh, someone wants my opinion, and about 75% do we even have a clue what the choices are yet?

sofia
04-13-2011, 07:02 AM
People are actually taking trump seriously and polling that highly for him?

Just what we need, a protectionist in the White House >.>

How about that Snookie whore as his running mate?

sofia
04-13-2011, 07:04 AM
Ron must launch vicious attack ads. Thats his only hope.

acptulsa
04-13-2011, 07:07 AM

Abandoning decades of acting like a Christian and ceasing to be the last proponent of Reagan's still-popular Thou Shalt Not Speak Ill of Another Republican philosophy is his only hope? I thought consistency was one of his best selling points, myself.

Bossobass
04-13-2011, 07:14 AM
My feeling is that this early in the game and in the current state of the US population's intelligence, Homer Simpson would poll as high as Donald Hump.

Bosso

jmdrake
04-13-2011, 07:15 AM

Okay. But against who exactly? If the poll is accurate, all that happened is some Romney voters shifted to Trump. If you drive up Trump's negatives, those voters will just shift back to Romney. Sure you could attack Huckabee, but at this point that will most likely just help Palin. Attack ads are the most effective in a two peorson race. With 3 or more people it's difficult to predict who will really be helped by them.

No. Ron doesn't need attack ads at this point. He needs to identify voters who agree with him enough to vote for him in the GOP primaries and secondarily work to win over voters who don't support his candidacy for whatever reason, but might be persuaded to do so.

cajuncocoa
04-13-2011, 07:17 AM
I happen to think Trump's numbers in the race bodes well for Ron Paul. It shows that Romney doesn't have a lock on the nomination that everyone thought he would have.

The GOP nomination is now anyone's ballgame.

sailingaway
04-13-2011, 07:28 AM
I have two theories about Trump. One is too depressing in its conclusion about the common sense of my fellow Americans to mention at this point. The other is that they are egging him on in insulting Obama and don't really think he is running. It's more like 'You go, Trump!' They might not want to get out there and do it themselves, but they are delighted with the spectacle.

If that is the case, all these polls are useless because once he is out, or people decide he is serious, they will gravitate to other choices.

Carehn
04-13-2011, 07:52 AM
I called and got on the radio yesterday and called Trump a clown in close to 5 states at once. I then went on to ask why all the right wingers out there can understand many complex abstract issues and forget all of it when they vote. Why its like they have 2 personality, the one that thinks and the one that votes.

The host said nothing. It was awesome.

jmdrake
04-13-2011, 07:59 AM
I happen to think Trump's numbers in the race bodes well for Ron Paul. It shows that Romney doesn't have a lock on the nomination that everyone thought he would have.

The GOP nomination is now anyone's ballgame.

I have two theories about Trump. One is too depressing in its conclusion about the common sense of my fellow Americans to mention at this point. The other is that they are egging him on in insulting Obama and don't really think he is running. It's more like 'You go, Trump!' They might not want to get out there and do it themselves, but they are delighted with the spectacle.

If that is the case, all these polls are useless because once he is out, or people decide he is serious, they will gravitate to other choices.

Trump "surging" to 20% is less depressing that Romney staying at 20%. As cajuncocoa said, this shows Romney doesn't have a lock on the nomination. And personally I find Romney as revolting as Trump if not more so. Romneycare is the blueprint for Obamacare.

stuntman stoll
04-13-2011, 08:03 AM

Yes. Voters are dumb

thedude
04-13-2011, 08:06 AM
How soon we forget that Rudy Guiliani was a lock for the GOP nod about this time 4 years ago. As I recall, Rudy faded when Ron Paul destroyed him in a debate, which also sparked a new wave of interest in Paul.

Point? Wait until the debates...

qh4dotcom
04-13-2011, 08:07 AM
Yes. Voters are dumb

I don't think they are that dumb...right now they're dumb because they are not feeling much economic pain...give them more pain and they might change....if that doesn't work, give them even more...keep increasing the pain until they finally get it.

qh4dotcom
04-13-2011, 08:10 AM
How soon we forget that Rudy Guiliani was a lock for the GOP nod about this time 4 years ago. As I recall, Rudy faded when Ron Paul destroyed him in a debate, which also sparked a new wave of interest in Paul.

Point? Wait until the debates...

Giuliani did not have access to Trump's bank account back then...and Trump is not going to be that dumb to wait until the Florida primary to start doing some serious campaigning.

thedude
04-13-2011, 08:19 AM
Giuliani did not have access to Trump's bank account back then...and Trump is not going to be that dumb to wait until the Florida primary to start doing some serious campaigning.

so fearful of Trump... a) wait until he announces (the media is boosting him up because they know it'll make for good television) b) wait until the debates and we'll see how big of a "threat" he is

payme_rick
04-13-2011, 08:29 AM
I know it's early, but I see a lot of people on the left and in our corner of the right underestimating Trump as a serious candidate... I think that's a serious mistake and shows way too much confidence in the American voter...

Right now it's anybody's game, including ours... I feel if Trump were to run as a Republican and make the general he'd have an excellent shot at defeating BO (as would any other Republican)...

Verrater
04-13-2011, 08:37 AM
I say it's good for Ron. If you get trump as the popular candidate shutting out Romtard.
Then you have Ron shut him down in the debates. Ron claims the lead. That's just how i see it though.

brandon
04-13-2011, 08:39 AM
How the fuck did trump go from 1% to LEADING in about 2 months? Really looking for an explanation here....

rp08orbust
04-13-2011, 08:41 AM
How the fuck did trump go from 1% to LEADING in about 2 months? Really looking for an explanation here....

It's reminiscent of Huckleberry in November 2007 and McPain in December 2007.

sailingaway
04-13-2011, 08:42 AM
I know it's early, but I see a lot of people on the left and in our corner of the right underestimating Trump as a serious candidate... I think that's a serious mistake and shows way too much confidence in the American voter...

Right now it's anybody's game, including ours... I feel if Trump were to run as a Republican and make the general he'd have an excellent shot at defeating BO (as would any other Republican)...

That's a ticket that might make me vote for Obama and divided government. Gridlock is better than a GOP congress with Trump at the helm.

sailingaway
04-13-2011, 08:44 AM

That is my point about cheering on the spectacle. There are only so many people willing to eat a bowl of green caterpillars in ketchup, but there are ever so many more on the schoolyard willing to gather 'round and cheer him on....

thedude
04-13-2011, 08:55 AM
That's a ticket that might make me vote for Obama and divided government. Gridlock is better than a GOP congress with Trump at the helm.

sad but true.

moostraks
04-13-2011, 09:05 AM

I agree that the winner is picked. My money is still on Romney for the GOP. People gravitate towards the underdog in the US. To have him come out strong would not bode well, imo. Look to see Trump get some bad media coverage a bit later on and some scandal will give the perception that the new poll numbers will show support shifting back to Romney. Dr.Paul will stay at the same polling numbers because it fits the belief that he has a small loyal group of followers and cannot win because he is unelectable and does not have broad appeal.

Would be interesting to trace down Trump's itinerary in recent weeks and how that compares to his rise to glory esp. on an issue that has gotten nothing but ridicule until recently. I consider Trump to be a bit of a whore and think a sufficient amount of money will persuade him to act any way the buyer proposes.

mczerone
04-13-2011, 09:50 AM
Abandoning decades of acting like a Christian and ceasing to be the last proponent of Reagan's still-popular Thou Shalt Not Speak Ill of Another Republican philosophy is his only hope? I thought consistency was one of his best selling points, myself.

Attacking the failed horrible policies of specific candidates is not the same as attacking or degrading a candidate. Ron needs to show how stupid their policies are, how much they'll cost, and remind voters that the other candidates will give the same results as Obama (within about 98% accuracy)

Trump was already a media figure, and has money for stunts. He looked for popular strains amongst likely voters, and pretended to care about them in a newsworthy manner (e.g. the birth-certificate issue). I bet that none of his "supporters" can articulate what a Trump presidency would do and focus on. They like him because he's less intolerable than the "front-running' politicians, and he's plucking their heartstrings.

daviddee
04-13-2011, 09:52 AM

LibertyRevolution
04-13-2011, 10:57 AM
When Trump wins the GOP nomination this year... I'm switching back to the libertarian party and giving up.

BlackTerrel
04-13-2011, 03:36 PM
If you buy this poll, Trump has basically taken votes from Romney. Romney loosing steam is good for us long term. Trump is basically surging because of the birther issue. I know that's hard for some people here to swallow because they have wrongly convinced themselves that anything remotely "conspiratorial" must be "death" in the polls.

It's death if you actually want to win. Congratulations Trump. You've captured the 20% who believe Obama was not born in the US. Good luck getting anything beyond that...

low preference guy
04-13-2011, 05:57 PM

He is an outsider with high name recognition in an awful field (except for RP, but the GOP base doesn't like him so much).

MRoCkEd
04-13-2011, 05:58 PM
Also, Birtherism polls really high with Republicans.

eduardo89
04-13-2011, 06:07 PM
What's with Trump winning polls lately and the media reporting them as legitimate?!

Kludge
04-13-2011, 06:13 PM
While the rise for Trump is the most significant change, keep in mind Huckabee won this poll, not Trump, once you factor in responses to "who would be your second pick?"

Also worth noting only 23% polled said they didn't want to see Huck run while 43% don't want to see Trump run. Trump does, however, poll highest among women (a weak demographic for Paul).

I wonder if Romney's considered backing out and endorsing one of those two candidates.

JCLibertarian
04-13-2011, 06:57 PM
Looks like Trump really had an effect on Mitt Romneys support, our 1% drop seems to be party of the 5% for Michelle Bachman who wasn't polled prior. Bachman seemed to have an effect on the "conservative" candidates.

Doubting that Palin or Huckabee will run, what it will be at the end of th day may be very different.

Don't you think if neither run, particularly Palin, that pulls a couple of percentage points Ron Paul's way? As much as people on this website and many of us libertarian purists hate to admit, Palin pulls from that Glenn Beck republican crowd that is at least friendly to Ron Paul, and very favorable to Rand; there are even many on this website who listen to Beck because of his semi-libertarian leanings. Of all the republican factions, I would say this faction is the most receptive to Ron Paul's message of all the other republican factions. I don't see a Romney voter going for Paul, or a Trump voter, but I would be inclined to think a decent amount of Palin people view Paul as a second choice

JCLibertarian
04-13-2011, 07:05 PM
Trump "surging" to 20% is less depressing that Romney staying at 20%. As cajuncocoa said, this shows Romney doesn't have a lock on the nomination. And personally I find Romney as revolting as Trump if not more so. Romneycare is the blueprint for Obamacare.

Trump is on record supporting a federal level public option for all Americans. At least, that is what he said in 2000 when he was floating around the idea of running as the Reform Party Candidate. If his republican opponents press him hard enough on that issue, he will either defend his position, resulting in a gain for every republican except for Romney, or he will pull a Romney style flip flop. Either way, he will have lost himself a spot at the top of the pack and lost himself the election.
http://www.ontheissues.org/celeb/Donald_Trump_Health_Care.htm

realtonygoodwin
04-13-2011, 07:14 PM
You are right. If you look at the poll that was done a couple weeks ago, Ron got like 10% (tied with Palin). With Palin and Huckabee out, he got like 17 or 18%. I bet for many Huckabee voters, Palin is their second choice, and vice versa. Ron Paul may be their third choice.

eduardo89
04-13-2011, 07:15 PM
Hopefully when Palin announced she won't run she'll endorse RP, that'll be a huge boost on our polling numbers

James Madison
04-14-2011, 12:01 AM
Just saw this on CNN. They were talking about Trump being a real contender in 2012.

Anyways, CNN put a graphic up on screen of this poll.

It read something like:

Donald Trump 19%
Mike Huckabee 19%
Sarah Palin 12%
Newt Gingrich 11%
Mitt Romney 11%

Can you guess who was listed next?

Pawlenty 2%

Gee, is it me or was there someone missing on that graphic?

Kotin
04-14-2011, 12:03 AM
guys... the ghoul was the frontrunner in 2006-2007.. this means nothing.

Expatriate
04-14-2011, 12:05 AM
Truckabee? Hump? This is insane, but maybe its a good thing. If RP destroys them in the debates he could gain some momentum.

whoisjohngalt
04-14-2011, 12:21 AM
Just saw this on CNN. They were talking about Trump being a real contender in 2012.

Anyways, CNN put a graphic up on screen of this poll.

It read something like:

Donald Trump 19%
Mike Huckabee 19%
Sarah Palin 12%
Newt Gingrich 11%
Mitt Romney 11%

Can you guess who was listed next?

Pawlenty 2%

Gee, is it me or was there someone missing on that graphic?

Make sure to add this to the forum or thread that was recently set up to monitor examples of media bias. This is not uncommon or unprecedented. I remember when I first found Ron just prior to the Iowa caucuses, I was horrified to see the pie chart on Fox News. There was a slice of pie for Guliani who had 2% and a chunk that said "Other" which was Ron's 5%. Get used to this type of treatment from the MSM. Make sure you document it though.

justinc.1089
04-14-2011, 01:49 AM
Okay. But against who exactly? If the poll is accurate, all that happened is some Romney voters shifted to Trump. If you drive up Trump's negatives, those voters will just shift back to Romney. Sure you could attack Huckabee, but at this point that will most likely just help Palin. Attack ads are the most effective in a two peorson race. With 3 or more people it's difficult to predict who will really be helped by them.

No. Ron doesn't need attack ads at this point. He needs to identify voters who agree with him enough to vote for him in the GOP primaries and secondarily work to win over voters who don't support his candidacy for whatever reason, but might be persuaded to do so.

ATTACK THEM ALL.

PALIGINGROMNEHUCKABACHUMPAWLERRY LIE!

PALIGINGROMNEHUCKABACHUMPAWLERRY HATES AMERICA.

RON PAUL HOPE FOR AMERICA.

USA! USA! USA!

I think that ad repeated about 12,000 times on tv would bring Ron Paul victory.

IDefendThePlatform
04-14-2011, 05:51 AM
I say it's good for Ron. If you get trump as the popular candidate shutting out Romtard.
Then you have Ron shut him down in the debates. Ron claims the lead. That's just how i see it though.

Yeah, Ron could obliterate him on that "take Iraq's oil" crap.

"We've got 700 military bases, troops all over the Middle East and now we have people talking about taking their oil for our own gain? It's Un-American"

Live_Free_Or_Die
04-14-2011, 06:31 AM
If you buy this poll, Trump has basically taken votes from Romney. Romney loosing steam is good for us long term. Trump is basically surging because of the birther issue. I know that's hard for some people here to swallow because they have wrongly convinced themselves that anything remotely "conspiratorial" must be "death" in the polls. It's only "death" if you trip over yourself like Medina did and offend both sides.

lol I got to this post and had to hit the brakes.

+1

that shit is spot on. so here is what happened. people lacking spines marginalized a tireless minority of people with spines who did not let the natural born requirement die. this tireless minority of people with spines did all of the backbreaking work and research to fully vet the issue and historical record. well... donald is no dummy and can spot an argument he can sell to his advantage. your welcome trump.

-signed
tireless minority of people with spines who have been co-opted by his holy trumpness

next up... trump announces truthers make a little sense on some points...

Don Lapre
04-14-2011, 06:46 AM
Yep, Trump is no dummy.
Better know that.

He's gonna make out very well on the birth certificate issue.

He is spot-on when he says it is a very bad issue for Obama.

It's only a matter of time until the shit hits the fan for Barry.
Gonna be a very ugly time when it happens.

Chaos.