PDA

View Full Version : Medal of Honor winner calls for slavery, disgraces his medal

cindy25
04-12-2011, 10:13 PM
http://www.ocala.com/article/20110412/ARTICLES/110419910/1402/NEWS?p=4&tc=pg

And that spirit is what America has lost, maintained Jacobs, who favors a mandatory national military service program as a remedy.

aGameOfThrones
04-12-2011, 10:22 PM
He added: “Service and sacrifice is the only way that we're going to be able to keep faith with the people who died and were hurt and gave us our freedom. If we don't spread that around, this whole democratic experiment is going to croak — and all those people who gave blood and gave their lives will have been in vain.”

He thinks fighting in the middle east or wherever the f*ck they are sent, is giving me freedoms LOL.

Icymudpuppy
04-13-2011, 09:01 AM
There are three adjectives that can be used to describe a person who does extraordinary things in the face of danger.

Brave
Crazy
Stupid

A person could be all three,
The brave person generally knows, understands, and accepts the risks involved because they are motivated by a cause greater than themselves.
The Crazy person knows and understands the risks, but doesn't accept his own mortality so doesn't think the risks apply to him, or thinks he can beat the odds.
The Stupid person either doesn't know or doesn't understand the risks.

fisharmor
04-13-2011, 09:29 AM
He added: “Service and sacrifice is the only way that we're going to be able to keep faith with the people who died and were hurt and gave us our freedom. If we don't spread that around, this whole democratic experiment is going to croak — and all those people who gave blood and gave their lives will have been in vain.”

I keep faith with no man unless he subscribes to the same doctrines as I.
This is, foremost, the most transparent appeal to the god-state I've seen in a while.

These men do not "give us our freedom" just as they do not give us rights. Human beings have freedom. The only thing that can happen is the suppression of that freedom.

I would like it very much if our democratic experiment came to an abrupt halt.

Any blood and lives they gave and took outside of the United States was in vain.

The more I read soldier newspeak, the more I realize how utterly clueless these guys are. They're trying to convert me to an apostate faith, telling me they give me freedom, and supporting actions and forms of government which only serve to reduce my freedom.

Pericles
04-13-2011, 10:09 AM
Just a thought:

If every citizen in the country was armed with a real deal M16 type rifle, trained at least partially in the art of war, and associated with like minded citizens in local militia units, what do you suppose would be the ability of the government to do anything that did not have overwhelming support from the citizenry?

fisharmor
04-13-2011, 10:24 AM
Just a thought:

If every citizen in the country was armed with a real deal M16 type rifle, trained at least partially in the art of war, and associated with like minded citizens in local militia units, what do you suppose would be the ability of the government to do anything that did not have overwhelming support from the citizenry?

This is why the Appleseed project is so important. Rifles are useless without riflemen. A rifleman doesn't necessarily need an M16. Plenty of unrestricted rifles would work fine.
The art of war is the art of logistics. We are where we are because federal logistics outweigh state logistics, which outweigh local logistics. The federal government can't be stopped because they can bring overwhelming force to a locality, and nothing in that locality can stop it.
Our "enemies" know this all too well, and have chosen the attrition route. It's working. The logistics are running out.

Americans don't have a single one of the pile of testicles it takes to commit mass suicide until the other side simply runs out of money and/ or wherewithal. The interesting question to me is whether or not Americans are going to recognize the logistical situation created by our "enemies" when it fully culminates.
We're not very good at fighting tooth and nail, but we're damned good at taking advantage of a situation.

Zippyjuan
04-13-2011, 11:18 AM
If you are opposed to foreign wars, this could be a good thing actually. Some have asked what happened to the anti-war protestors. When they were no longer in danger of being sent off to war themselves, they began to not care as much about wars- we will send people who want to fight. Not me- I won't have to fight so let them go. They volunteered. If everybody faces the risk of having to to, they will be more concerned about foreign adventures.

AFPVet
04-13-2011, 12:25 PM
The interesting thing about this is that we already have (had) such a program... its called the Militia! Unfortunately, the Organized Militia has been taken over by the feds and all that is left are unorganized units—unless you count SDF's which are not armed. Bring back the Militia... its simple.

Cowlesy
04-13-2011, 12:40 PM
We're actually at war with Eastasia, not Eurasia.

Perpetually.

AZKing
04-13-2011, 01:11 PM
If you are opposed to foreign wars, this could be a good thing actually. Some have asked what happened to the anti-war protestors. When they were no longer in danger of being sent off to war themselves, they began to not care as much about wars- we will send people who want to fight. Not me- I won't have to fight so let them go. They volunteered. If everybody faces the risk of having to to, they will be more concerned about foreign adventures.

The problem I have with that idea is that wars do not suddenly end just because people protest. The Vietnam War went on for years despite the protests. And I'm not sure very many people would actually protest these days. Kids get indoctrinated with nationalism and "protecting" freedom at a very early age.

VIDEODROME
04-13-2011, 04:07 PM
So in a way by urging public service we should show our patriotism by all of us getting a government job.

But it's worth considering the Sacrifice he mentions. In order to get us all more involved I don't think we necessarily have to enlist, but legislate a War Tax and people will really pay attention.