PDA

View Full Version : Debate 1: Pay to Play

acptulsa
04-12-2011, 08:12 PM
Note: Please read this post and view 'poll results' before making a selection. Ron Paul is pretty well covered now. Thank you!

The RNC is holding the first debate and making the candidates pay to be in it. What's more, they have indicated that everyone pays the same admission fee. Now, this means everyone gets equal time, right?

The 'poll' is a public one. Or rather, it isn't a poll at all. It's a place to sign up. Will you time one candidate and post it here? I tried to include everyone who might come out to play; we shall see if I overdid it.

Thank you for your support.

acptulsa
04-12-2011, 08:28 PM
Anyone remember twenty-aught-eight, when our man got a measly amount of time? Either we're going to get our man time, or we're going to get our man an apology and a refund from the RNC in this very first 'meet the gang' debate. Make sense?

eduardo89
04-12-2011, 08:29 PM
I'll definitely try to, not sure if I'll be able to watch it live though

acptulsa
04-12-2011, 08:35 PM
Anyone know who's covering it?

acptulsa
04-22-2011, 05:14 PM
Looks like Fox.

acptulsa
04-22-2011, 05:28 PM
Stubborn bump.

muzzled dogg
04-22-2011, 05:30 PM
your experiment results will most likely be worthy of a drudge bomb

acptulsa
04-22-2011, 05:36 PM
your experiment results will most likely be worthy of a drudge bomb

If I can get enough voluntaryists to help me!

Kregisen
04-22-2011, 05:38 PM
I'm not sure I'll be able to watch the debates live at all with tons of finals the day after.

Thank god for youtube.

UtahApocalypse
04-22-2011, 05:59 PM
If I dont end up going to a Debate Party then I should be able to do one of the. I will "vote" once its closer.

malkusm
04-22-2011, 05:59 PM
Let's do it, guys. Actually, the best thing we could do is for someone to DVR the entire thing so that we don't have to rely on 12 different people for time alloted for 12 different candidates. The more uniform we can make the data, the more reliable it is....

acptulsa
04-22-2011, 06:02 PM
Agreed. But when that debate's over I'm going to be wanting instant gratification!!

Besides, this thread is as much to remind Fox in advance that we'll be watching and watching closely as it is for anything else. And I want any necessary criticism to be made before the public's thirty second attention span runs out.

KramerDSP
04-22-2011, 06:06 PM
I'm in. Just give me one of the candidates. I assume the debate is taking place in the evening. If it is during the daytime, I won't be able to help. Also, keep in mind that there are folks who keep track of the times each candidate got to speak. If we wanted to wait 24 hours, we'd have access to that info. But this would be fun, and I have running stopwatches for this activity. So far, there are only 5 people announced.

acptulsa
04-22-2011, 06:09 PM
I'm in. Just give me one of the candidates.

The wonderful thing about jumping in early is you get to choose! I picked Buddy Roemer because a Cajun accent bothers me not one whit.

KramerDSP
04-22-2011, 08:39 PM
The wonderful thing about jumping in early is you get to choose! I picked Buddy Roemer because a Cajun accent bothers me not one whit.

"Google Santorum" it is for me.... This should be fun.

Kregisen
04-23-2011, 12:41 PM

Fun fact, a friend of a guy in my dodgeball league will be Buddy's campaign manager, and has no experience whatsoever, and is really freaking out about it.

So glad Ron is finally popular. :)

juleswin
04-23-2011, 01:28 PM
Shoot, i wanna take back my vote. I did not know 4 other people already volunteered to time Ron.

AtomiC
04-23-2011, 01:57 PM
Great idea!

Also keep track of the type of questions Ron Paul is asked in comparison to the other candidates.

messana
04-23-2011, 04:49 PM
Now 6 people are going to time Ron.

Guys I don't think this has to be a huge PhD level scientific study unless where planning to time by the nanosecond.

acptulsa
04-23-2011, 04:52 PM
Now 6 people are going to time Ron.

Guys I don't think this has to be a huge PhD level scientific study unless where planning to time by the nanosecond.

:D Don't blame them for being partial. Had I been thinking, I'd have put instructions in the poll header itself to press 'view results' first and see who needs timing most. Think I'll go edit the OP and see if that helps.

AlexMerced
04-23-2011, 06:46 PM
Not only do you have to pay the fee but you must poll at least 1%, so they are screwing over Fred Karger who has paid the fee but isn't even an option on most polls.

Who will probably be the final roll call...

Buddy Roemer
Ron Paul
Gary Johnson
Rick Santorum
Mitt Romney
Herman Cain
Tim Pawlenty
Newt Gingrich

Haley Barbour or Mitch Daniels havn't even begun an exploratoree committee, so not sure

acptulsa
04-23-2011, 06:49 PM
Nice update, Alex. Thanks.