PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul is the only candidate offering more than rhetoric in cali fires

njandrewg
10-25-2007, 01:18 PM
http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Ron_Paul_is_the_only_candidate_offering_more_than_ rhetoric_in_Cali_fires
http://bp0.blogger.com/_6jUecI8sPBE/RyD3eZxF1II/AAAAAAAAAB8/TbN73QQtUwA/s1600/ronpaulfire.jpg

TechnoGuyRob
10-25-2007, 01:26 PM
Ron Paul is the only candidate offering more than rhetoric in anything.

;-)

JosephTheLibertarian
10-25-2007, 01:27 PM
Portion of the campaign contributions going to victims? wow.. I bet you that won't make any news.

RP4ME
10-25-2007, 01:30 PM
ummmm I m not sure how feel about that - that money is to get him elected - it is my money....I think he should give his own personal money before camapign donations ...:confused: Im sure its will great for marketing but im not a fan of this

njandrewg
10-25-2007, 01:33 PM
ummmm I m not sure how feel about that - that money is to get him elected - it is my money....I think he should give his own personal money before camapign donations ...:confused: Im sure its will great for marketing but im not a fan of this
this is only a portion fo the proceeds from hsi california fund raising that he'll be doing later this week

RP4ME
10-25-2007, 01:36 PM
this is only a portion fo the proceeds from hsi california fund raising that he'll be doing later this week

i SEE BUT STILL its kind of odd to me.......I apprecite his generoisty but its with our money not his

Zack
10-25-2007, 01:36 PM

I believe the money is only coming from donations given to attend that specific event, so it wouldn't be your money, unless you are attending, but then you would know ahead of time and be able to not attend and donate another way if you wanted.

njandrewg
10-25-2007, 01:38 PM
i SEE BUT STILL its kind of odd to me.......I apprecite his generoisty but its with our money not his
a) the fundraising events are in cali, so those people won't mind that the portion of their $$$ goes to help their fellow californias
b) if it gets media attention, he'll get a ton more cash from cali residents who'll see that he is the only candidate who cares for their state
c) its good PR

reduen
10-25-2007, 01:38 PM
I thinkk as long as Dr. Paul tells those who are donating that this is what he intends to do in advance, this is a great gesture. :)

I would not be for it otherwise..

American
10-25-2007, 01:40 PM
I believe in Ron Paul, if this is his decision then I believe in it as well. I am not one to second guess Dr. Paul.

DjLoTi
10-25-2007, 01:41 PM
He's a nice man, and if he wants to help some of the CA victims, then that's fine w/me.

RP4ME
10-25-2007, 01:42 PM
I believe the money is only coming from donations given to attend that specific event, so it wouldn't be your money, unless you are attending, but then you would know ahead of time and be able to not attend and donate another way if you wanted.

I meant my money in a generic sense, my money, yoru money etc.....with out specifics its hard to really commnet but unless people know ahead where its going and are on board with it prior to giving then I woudlnt be comfy with it. I see nothing wrong with it IF one knows ahead...but if not I dont agree

RP4ME
10-25-2007, 01:43 PM
a) the fundraising events are in cali, so those people won't mind that the portion of their $$$ goes to help their fellow californias
b) if it gets media attention, he'll get a ton more cash from cali residents who'll see that he is the only candidate who cares for their state
c) its good PR

Agreed I get the PR benis but thats not what RP is all about......

If Hillary did that you woudl call it gratuitous....

Sematary
10-25-2007, 01:44 PM

People are going in knowing that he is doing this so in essence, they are consenting to allowing him to use a portion of the funds for this. If you feel that strongly about it though, I would contact the campaign and tell them that you don't want a portion of YOUR funds going to this cause. But, if you think of it this way, it *should* get him some press, which is what the campaign funds are for in the first place so it's all good. :D

njandrewg
10-25-2007, 01:44 PM
and just to reiterate...those people know ahead of time that a portion of that donation is being donated to red cross

RP4ME
10-25-2007, 01:45 PM
I believe in Ron Paul, if this is his decision then I believe in it as well. I am not one to second guess Dr. Paul.

Agreed he is a great guy but he has flaws liek the rest of us...and I dont follow anyone blindly not even Paul...I learned taht lesson in the last election
Paul doesnt even want us to feel taht way

RP4ME
10-25-2007, 01:45 PM
and just to reiterate...those people know ahead of time that a portion of that donation is being donated to red cross

thats cool...then Im all for it

KewlRonduderules
10-25-2007, 01:46 PM
I think it is a great idea!!! Are you kidding if that gets on the news, people will have no choice but to eat it up!

moonbat
10-25-2007, 01:52 PM
How do we even know this is Ron Paul's decision? Maybe the organizors of the fundraiser are behind this and decided to raise money for two good causes at once. Just a thought...

jaumen
10-25-2007, 01:53 PM

The money that will be used has not yet been raised. Unless you attend the Hollywood Hills event, none of your money is going to be donated. That is specifically what it is coming from, and the people attending know in advance.

Sparx
10-25-2007, 01:56 PM
I meant my money in a generic sense, my money, yoru money etc.....with out specifics its hard to really commnet but unless people know ahead where its going and are on board with it prior to giving then I woudlnt be comfy with it. I see nothing wrong with it IF one knows ahead...but if not I dont agree

The Royal "we"! You know, the editorial. :D

Definitely agree though, but since they are going to know ahead of time where the money is going, this is a great thing to do.

I can just see the other candidates itching to follow suit.

jumpyg1258
10-25-2007, 02:01 PM
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/uploads/image/86.jpg

kylejack
10-25-2007, 02:04 PM

It is not your money, it is the money of people attending the fund-raiser.

mrchubbs
10-25-2007, 02:04 PM
I think this is fine... It is certainly a much better use of campaign contributions than when Giuliani pays his own security company, in essence, pays himself with his campaign money:

Giuliani Lines His Own Pockets. (http://marcg.net/blog/archives/237)

Enjoy.

MusoSpuso
10-25-2007, 02:06 PM

This will help him get elected techncially. Good publicity.

dsentell
10-25-2007, 02:11 PM
If RP were any other candidate, this would get him a whirlwind of publicity!

ValidusCustodiae
10-25-2007, 02:17 PM
This will make local news all OVER the place, people are going to be talking about how the Ron Paul campaign helped them after losing so much.

It's a great idea, allow people to contribute to Ron Paul AND fire victims at the same time. He might pull in quite a bit just for their benefit which I'm sure they're going to need!

fluoridatedbrainsoup
10-25-2007, 02:17 PM
Good karma down the line, guaranteed.

rs3515
10-25-2007, 02:19 PM
Good karma down the line, guaranteed.

+1 ... big believer in karma.

Akus
10-25-2007, 02:21 PM

RP, in a way, this is an advertisement that is better then an ad in a paper or another bumper sticker on the car. If only one person asks, who donated that money and gets "Ron Paul" and inquires who the heck is Ron Paul, that is enough to get that extra consituency, even those who think we should stay in Iraq. Sometimes it's the person who attracts voters, even if his positions are not wholly accepted.

terlinguatx
10-25-2007, 02:22 PM

rs3515
10-25-2007, 02:27 PM
One thing that really intrigues me about this is Ron Paul shows he's a man of conviction and principles.

I'm sure all of you perk up when he talks about eliminating the federal income tax. However I think the message that gets missed along with it is this: getting all that extra money back from the government comes with responsibility.

Not only responsibility to take care of our families, but take care of our neighbors, our community and the world. The money is not meant to acquire wealth and power, but meant to allow the people of this nation to truly become the government ... finding ways to contribute their personal gains to help others who are in need.

Pay attention to this man. This is someone who is a true leader, and leads by example.

Shink
10-25-2007, 02:45 PM
More leading by example. Dr. Paul has a heart Atlas couldn't lift.

thuja
10-25-2007, 03:59 PM
i am so upset i could fall over in a coma. you are unbelievably selfish! not until you hear it is california money do you deign to approve.
the ca fires are killing trees and ANIMALS! people have and are loosing their HOMES! you should be ashamed.
some of you are sooo selfish as to have decided fires are a good thing so publicty can be gained. Ron Paul would do this because he is a normal, kind person in a position to help, not for any other reason.
no wonder some people do not like us supporters! i no longer wish to be associated with you.

nbhadja
10-25-2007, 04:01 PM
This is a net gain. He will make more money by donating to the Cali people than keeping it. The generosity could generate more votes and donations.

Syren123
10-25-2007, 04:01 PM
It may not be the campaign's idea. It may the the people hosting the event's idea.

Brian4Liberty
10-25-2007, 06:18 PM
Once we give money to the Ron Paul Campaign, it is their money to do with as they please...sorry, that's just the way it is when you give something away. "Give" means it's Ron's campaign money now. And as supporters, if we have good ideas, some of that money may eventually go there.

Why this is a good idea:

- It is publicity.
- It is going to a "good" cause, as opposed to if this were just an ad in a newspaper or TV, it would be going to the mainstream media!
- It is setting a real-life example of charity.
- It may bring more people (and money) to the event.
- More people at the event means more exposure to the Ron Paul message.

Sparx
10-25-2007, 06:46 PM
i am so upset i could fall over in a coma. you are unbelievably selfish! not until you hear it is california money do you deign to approve.
the ca fires are killing trees and ANIMALS! people have and are loosing their HOMES! you should be ashamed.
some of you are sooo selfish as to have decided fires are a good thing so publicty can be gained. Ron Paul would do this because he is a normal, kind person in a position to help, not for any other reason.
no wonder some people do not like us supporters! i no longer wish to be associated with you.

Please clarify who this "you" is.

I didn't see anyone in this thread being selfish or degrading victims in any way. Also, it does NOT matter where the money is coming from whether it be California or Kansas or Arizona or wherever. The only misunderstanding in this thread was about if it was money already raised or money that is going to be raised with the knowledge beforehand to what was going to be done with it. As we now know, it is the latter. It has been cleared up. And yes, people will have an opinion about that, but that is not selfish.

Just like it is not selfish to understand that by doing a kind thing (and I agree that this is a very good thing to do to help victims no matter whose original idea it was behind the scenes) that it will bring good publicity. I certainly never thought or said that the fire itself is a good thing just because it would bring publicity nor do I believe anyone here feels that way at all so I'm not exactly sure where that thought came from.

I've lived in Southern California all my life and have been along with family and friends through many fires. What is going on right now is horrible indeed and I think what Ron Paul is doing is a genuinely great way to help victims here, but please understand that it in no way brings down those efforts when people here discuss what he is doing in relation to his fundraiser as well as what it shall bring to his campaign overall. The publicity is simply a part of a overall good gesture, not the reason for it.

theprolific
10-25-2007, 06:50 PM
Ron Paul never fails to impress me. He really cares about the citizens of this country and that's what sets him apart from the rest. He walks the walk.

kylejack
10-25-2007, 08:08 PM
I see some people who should read Atlas Shrugged.

Kap
10-25-2007, 08:35 PM
I think it's the best way to spend campaign money. It gets his message out and helps people at the same time.

Now if the media would pick this up.....

wgadget
10-25-2007, 08:40 PM
It's right there on the poster, but I have to say, it doesn't just jump out at ya...