PDA

View Full Version : RT: AdamVsTheMan Episode 2 [4/12/11]

Nate-ForLiberty
04-12-2011, 06:47 PM
go Adam!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6Gn1jBYsQ0

What happens when a soldier's conscience collides with his orders? Tonight we sit down with retired US Army Colonel Douglas Macgregor, the man who won the largest tank battle since WWII; former Navy SEAL and Blogger J. Robert Dubois; and then Stewart Rhodes, founder and president of Oath Keepers, an organization committed to honoring their oath to the US Constitution! We also discuss Adam's time in Iraq and US troops confiscating civilian-owned weapons during Katrina. Let's work to ensure that never happens again on this edition of ADAM VS THE MAN.

Nate-ForLiberty
04-12-2011, 07:30 PM
//

BrendenR
04-12-2011, 07:37 PM
Another great episode. So pumped to have this on the air.

Lothario
04-12-2011, 07:53 PM
another very rough episode - his delivery is too choppy too often. hope it cleans up soon, or I fear the show may not be around very long.

ps. what's so bad about dressing like his guest Jake Diliberto? That's cool about doing things your way, but that can cost some credibility, and ultimately, precious converts.

Lucille
04-12-2011, 08:07 PM
I'm so happy for Adam and his new gig!

I bet he is too. For one thing, Radley Balko said he couldn't believe how many beautiful women there are at the RT studios. ;)

MelissaCato
04-12-2011, 08:08 PM
Lookin' good !!! YeeeeHawwwww

Adam Kokesh
04-12-2011, 09:10 PM
Thanks for posting, Nate!

Lothario - Last night's was certainly rough and I was dealing with some technical issues on the fly that were out of our control. I thought tonight's was a lot smoother. Can you be more specific about the choppy delivery? I know I'm a bit rough (occasional wordos and verbal stumbles) because except for a few rehearsals, I've never been on camera like this. If you're referring to overall delivery, I definitely want to work on this. The general smoothness will come shortly on its own, same as it did for me with radio. As for dressing like everyone else on TV, I think THAT is bad for credibility!!!

Thanks for all the help spreading the message and helping promote this video. YouTube views will be the primary indicator of the show's success for a while.

Sola_Fide
04-12-2011, 09:21 PM

Lothario - Last night's was certainly rough and I was dealing with some technical issues on the fly that were out of our control. I thought tonight's was a lot smoother. Can you be more specific about the choppy delivery? I know I'm a bit rough (occasional wordos and verbal stumbles) because except for a few rehearsals, I've never been on camera like this. If you're referring to overall delivery, I definitely want to work on this. The general smoothness will come shortly on its own, same as it did for me with radio. As for dressing like everyone else on TV, I think THAT is bad for credibility!!!

Thanks for all the help spreading the message and helping promote this video. YouTube views will be the primary indicator of the show's success for a while.

Good luck and godspeed Adam. You're doing great bro!

AlexMerced
04-12-2011, 09:21 PM
I think it's great, Adam, youd doing pretty good considering how new you are to TV, and the choice of guests are great, and so are the topic choices, more Stefan Molyneux!!! You should do have Walter Block as a guest, that would be sooooo awesome.

TruckinMike
04-12-2011, 10:11 PM
Adam, I would be as nervous as a tick on my labs ass if I was in your spot --- Your doing great! Your groove is just around the corner, just Keep on Truckin', you'll find it.

TMike

mport1
04-12-2011, 10:16 PM

I think you are doing well for being new to this. I would just review the tapes to look for areas to improve and compare them to somebody like Judge Napolitano who I think has mastered the delivery of these types of ideas.

RP4Pres2008
04-12-2011, 10:33 PM
Adam, awesome show! So happy for you! I think the delivery stuff will come with time as you get more comfortable. Is there anything we can do to help you with promotion/looking good to your bosses ;)

Look forward to numerous shows in the future!

matt0611
04-12-2011, 10:45 PM
Another good episode!
Definitely a show thats on my list to check out daily from now on.

TheNcredibleEgg
04-13-2011, 12:00 AM
Let me preface by saying I like the show very much - and really, really hope it lasts.

Having said that - I think it already needs a makeover.

The focus is too narrow. It needs to broaden the topics covered. For example, this episode focused solely on the horrors of the military. I think it would have been better to just have one segment in today's show - and the other segments in future shows.

I also think there needs be a extended segment (perferably opening) about today's current events. Something to give people a reason to watch that day.

Plus it needs some dissenting viewpoints. People that disagree with Adam. I haven't seen that yet.

Now this last one may be a stretch - but I would like to see some entertaining segment - comedic maybe - ala Jon Stewart or Bill Maher. Not everything needs to be serious.

One last note : Take this phrase to heart - "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery." Look to other successful shows. Emulate their format.

AuH20
04-13-2011, 12:03 AM
I want to see Adam in joker face paint talking to himself in a sinister fashion! Oh wait. Some other unstable radio personality already pulled that stunt. lol

gerryb
04-13-2011, 12:28 AM
Good work.

If you can you should add a segment where you showcase something that is going in the right direction. All the news shows or interview shows seem to concentrate on things that have gone wrong, need fixing, being debated over, etc.

It would be refreshing to see the things that are going in the right direction displayed more often. Like Ron Paul says, "Freedom is popular"

Batman
04-13-2011, 12:31 AM
Good first two episodes, so far. I'd like to point out that Adam has impeccable dress style. It's casual but neat, and Adam really looks like an ordinary guy, because that's who he's talking to. Just don't show up in shorts and flip flops and I think this show is good to go.

I'm not a big fan of the music, though. I can't put my finger on it, but somehow it doesn't feel right for the show.

I really do hope Ron Paul, Rand Paul, and Judge Napolitano make an appearance on the show someday. Maybe Adam can switch shows with Napolitano for a day.

Keep it up. I hope this show lasts for years to come.

Adam Kokesh
04-14-2011, 10:06 PM
The best thing is to get eyeballs on YouTube videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/AdamVsTheManRT

Romulus
04-14-2011, 10:47 PM
Just watched the first one.. cant wait to watch this one... great job Adam.

Distinguished Gentleman
04-14-2011, 11:15 PM
Enjoyed it.

If I was producing it, I would make large parts of it rapid fire, like an ESPN opinion show, and then longer interview segments to break it up. Jim Rome is a good example.

The interviews themselves were pretty interesting.

Matthew Zak
04-14-2011, 11:17 PM
I think you are doing well for being new to this. I would just review the tapes to look for areas to improve and compare them to somebody like Judge Napolitano who I think has mastered the delivery of these types of ideas.

Yes! What the judge. Learn from the judge. :cool: