PDA

View Full Version : IRS Pre-crime division

Agorism
04-12-2011, 04:54 PM
IRS Pre-crime division

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/irs-meet-philip-k-dick-tax-collectors-launch-pre-crime-division

acptulsa
04-12-2011, 05:13 PM
Another one for the Thought Police files.

QueenB4Liberty
04-12-2011, 06:35 PM
well I can't say I'm surprised.

kpitcher
04-13-2011, 03:09 AM
I'm not sure about other states but Michigan State often estimates taxes for businesses. I was involved with a company that closed its doors, the paperwork to officially close it seemed to take forever to process correctly. But past due tax bills kept showing up, with figures pulled out of the air, with figures far higher than ever paid.

Also I somehow doubt the IRS will pre-emptively send refund checks.

moostraks
04-13-2011, 07:44 AM
I love this comment. Most concise argument I have seen against the current tax system:

Unfortunately, income taxes of any kind are not compatible with a Free society.

By taxing your labor, the state turns you into a de facto and de jure slave. You work for the state now, the state gets paid for your labor first, and the state decides how much money you will keep. You don't wear any chains because the entire world is your prison.

Property taxes are also incompatible with a Free society. If you pay taxes on your property, you don't really own it-- the State does. Seems absurd? Of course not. Try not paying your property taxes and see who REALLY owns your property.

Life, Liberty, and Property are the three legs of the stool of Freedom. Unfortunately, you are trying to sit on a stool with 2 of 3 legs broken. Here in Soviet Amerika, you haven't been Free for a very long time.

That's why the original Constitution forbade direct taxes, and the original federal gov't was only funded by excise taxes (which are avoidable, and thus consistent with a Free society).