PDA

View Full Version : You can't leave the country if you owe the KGB....IRS

puppetmaster
04-12-2011, 04:27 PM
Owe thousands in back taxes and need to get out of the country? No problem. Under current law, the State Department can't withhold a passport over unpaid taxes.
But that could change, if lawmakers decide to run with the findings of a new government report suggests Uncle Sam could recoup billions by blocking delinquent Americans from getting passports until they settle their debts to the IRS.

Welcome to the New America, prisoner #25476
from Faux.....:(

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/04/12/study-suggests-feds-recoup-billions-unpaid-taxes-withholding-passports/#ixzz1JLn2mqGQ

Anti Federalist
04-12-2011, 08:08 PM
This should be huge news, and should be a multi thousand hit thread.

When government starts thinking about blocking the exits, you know shit is preparing to go real bad.

puppetmaster
04-13-2011, 12:21 PM

When government starts thinking about blocking the exits, you know shit is preparing to go real bad.

yea thats what I was thinking but .......bump

Kotin
04-13-2011, 12:24 PM
what's next? debtors prison?

specsaregood
04-13-2011, 12:26 PM

yes, you'll know they are really serious when they start building that wall on the borders.

Krugerrand
04-13-2011, 12:33 PM

Wage garnishments have made those obsolete.

Acala
04-13-2011, 12:58 PM
Funny how open borders start looking pretty good when you are the one trying to get into another country.

VBRonPaulFan
04-13-2011, 12:59 PM
^LOL. pretty soon you're gonna see americans on shoddily built rafts drifting their way towards cuba

kahless
04-13-2011, 01:31 PM

Wage garnishments have made those obsolete.

Wrong. We already have debtors prison with "ability to earn" lifestyle child support laws. A non-custodial parent could be providing shelter, clothing and food for a child but if they fall $1 short on a lifestyle child support reward they end up in debtors prison. This is not uncommon in the US to find fathers providing support and paying hundreds to thousands a month and yet still being thrown in jail.

Anyone behind in child support also cannot leave the country, they have their passports revoked and should they escape, the federal OCSE through international agreements maybe able to bring them back to the US.

They take our rights through incremental legislation like this using propaganda slogans like "we all need to pay our fair share", "it is for the children" and "to keep us safe". The ignorant sheep then buy it hook, line and sinker.

moostraks
04-13-2011, 01:40 PM
Wrong. We already have debtors prison with "ability to earn" lifestyle child support laws. A non-custodial parent could be providing shelter, clothing and food for a child but if they fall $1 short on a lifestyle child support reward they end up in debtors prison. This is not uncommon in the US to find fathers providing support and paying hundreds to thousands a month and yet still being thrown in jail.

Anyone behind in child support also cannot leave the country, they have their passports revoked and should they escape, the federal OCSE through international agreements maybe able to bring them back to the US.

They take our rights through incremental legislation like this using propaganda slogans like "we all need to pay our fair share", "it is for the children" and "to keep us safe". The ignorant sheep then buy it hook, line and sinker.

Heartless exs can game the system easily. Mine only had to pay $5 every 30 days to stay out of jail and he most certainly didn't provide any material support of any kind. It took me years for the state to enforce even that minimal a standard upon him. Believe it or not he eventually failed to provide even the $5. Apparently my mileage has differed significantly from your above posted response. This was in Georgia, fwiw...

moostraks
04-13-2011, 01:42 PM
^LOL. pretty soon you're gonna see americans on shoddily built rafts drifting their way towards cuba

Amusing visual esp. considering I grew up in Miami (FL). :D

Too true about tsghtf...

Mini-Me
04-13-2011, 01:49 PM

When I saw the thread title, my initial reaction was the thought that the country itself is the debtor's prison.

Indeed. My insides have gone a bit cold over this one.

Krugerrand
04-13-2011, 01:56 PM
When I saw the thread title, my initial reaction was the thought that the country itself is the debtor's prison.

Indeed. My insides have gone a bit cold over this one.

Anybody who has the means should acquire dual citizenship. It can prove a ticket out of the country-debtor's-prison if things go sour.

Mini-Me
04-13-2011, 02:00 PM
Anybody who has the means should acquire dual citizenship. It can prove a ticket out of the country-debtor's-prison if things go sour.

If you have a big family you're close with, that's not an option. Even if you don't, where would you go that isn't going to hell just as fast? If there is anywhere in the world for freedom-loving people to make their stand, it's here. This is my home, and I am not being driven out of it.

qh4dotcom
04-13-2011, 02:33 PM
But that could change, if lawmakers decide to run with the findings of a new government report suggests Uncle Sam could recoup billions by blocking delinquent Americans from getting passports until they settle their debts to the IRS.

So anyone who wants to pay their debts and has cash overseas can't travel to get it?

Stary Hickory
04-13-2011, 03:14 PM
The slaves must pay there masters or else the chains will not come off!

kahless
04-13-2011, 03:18 PM
The slaves must pay there masters or else the chains will not come off!

Even if you have relocated permanently to another country, through international tax agreements the IRS obligation is something like 9-10 years.

They own us. We are all slaves.

DamianTV
04-13-2011, 03:36 PM

Yeah, its called a McJob.

puppetmaster
04-13-2011, 03:38 PM
The IRS needs to leave this country........before we should have to. They need to be shut down forcefully.

daviddee
04-13-2011, 04:06 PM

Anti Federalist
04-13-2011, 08:42 PM
///

Anti Federalist
04-16-2011, 09:49 AM
///

Anti Federalist
04-22-2011, 10:53 PM
///

heavenlyboy34
04-22-2011, 11:15 PM

Yeah. I've been looking into that and mulling it over for a few years. My Russian is getting pretty good, so I reckon when I save up the ca$h I'm going for dual citizenship in Russia or east europe.