PDA

View Full Version : Frank Gaffney-Grover Norquist Islamophobia Feud Erupts In Public At Conservative Conferenc

Agorism
04-12-2011, 03:41 PM
Frank Gaffney-Grover Norquist Islamophobia Feud Erupts In Public At Conservative Conference
http://thinkprogress.org/2011/04/12/frank-gaffney-grover-norquist-feud

KEYES: There’s a real movement spearheaded by Frank Gaffney to raise concern about Sharia law and a lot of movement in these states. Do you think that’s going to play a constructive role for the GOP or do you think that’s turning off a lot of voters?

NORQUIST: I don’t know that it’s having much impact one way or another. The challenge there is a religious liberty issue. When you say, we’re going to start telling people you can’t build a church, a synagogue, or a mosque somewhere, that’s a direct attack on religious liberty. [...]

KEYES: So you think voices like [Herman] Cain and like Gaffney are probably not playing a constructive role?

NORQUIST: I hope that Cain’s retraction was sufficient and total. The other guy has his own agenda which is not useful.

and

GAFFNEY: One might ask, “how did an organization like this with Brotherhood ties and personnel and funding, get into the conservative circles?” I can tell you more about how deeply that’s happened if you like. But this is how that has happened. [Puts Grover Norquist's picture up on the PowerPoint.] I don’t know how many of you were in the room when he addressed this very meeting earlier today. But I have had it as my personal burden for the past 12 years to have been trying to warn conservatives that one of their own has been actively involved both enabling and empowering Muslim Brotherhood influence operations against our movement and our country. And I must tell you, I think this is time to bring it to a stop. I want you to be awakened to that problem.

http://youtu.be/P2xHi7s5gmA

doodle
04-12-2011, 03:44 PM
Frank Gaffney who cofounded AIPAC with current Obama national security advisor Denny Ross?

Since when he is a "conservative"?

Israel Firster, yes. Conservative, no.