PDA

View Full Version : Judge hosting Beck again tonight

jct74
04-12-2011, 02:48 PM
Set your DVR's/Tivo's to boost Judge's ratings. That helps boost the ratings, right?

Nick Gillespie will be on tonight, don't know who else.

jp5065
04-12-2011, 02:50 PM
Not unless you have an AC Nielsen device attached to your TV.

jct74
04-12-2011, 02:54 PM
Not unless you have an AC Nielsen device attached to your TV.

I heard somewhere if you record it on your Tivo or something it will count toward the ratings. I'll look into that to see if there is any truth to that.

TheState
04-12-2011, 02:57 PM
I didn't think DVR helped ratings, but when we had Freedom Watch at OSU, the producer said it did. So I do it just in case.

Son of Detroit
04-12-2011, 03:02 PM
Justin Amash sighting!

The Dark Knight
04-12-2011, 03:15 PM
I think the Judge will be filling in for Beck all week.....hopefully this is a sign that the Judge will replace Beck. Gives Ron a big audience to be able to announce his run for President.

jp5065
04-12-2011, 04:12 PM
How the Nielsen TV ratings work — and what could replace them (http://io9.com/#!5636210/how-the-nielsen-tv-ratings-work--and-what-could-replace-them)

And then there's the DVR issue. Gibs claims that Nielsen collects data about what shows you're watching on your DVR the same way other television-viewing is recorded. But Amel insists that actually, Nielsen has no way of knowing what you're watching on a DVR. "All they can say is, [people] are watching 'the DVR channel.'" The data on DVR viewing is all extrapolated. And Nielsen assumes that people mostly watch DVR-ed programs within a week, which isn't necessarily true.

And that gets to the heart of the most important critique of Nielsen — the company isn't moving fast enough to keep up with the way in which most of us actually do watch television. Not just DVRs, but also video on demand, and viewing online via services like Hulu, iTunes and Netflix instant. Gibs admits that Nielsen isn't moving as quickly as some broadcasters and advertisers would like to take account of these trends.

jct74
04-12-2011, 09:12 PM
Here's tonight's show summary:

Tonight: The budget cut that wasn't. When you cut a budget in the real world, it means that you spend less than you did previously. But in Washington, DC- you can spend more this year than last and still call it a cut! Judge Andrew Napolitano welcomes an all-star lineup of guests to talk about this issue and whether or not to raise the debt ceiling. Tonight's guests include Rep. Justin Amash (R-MI), Senator Jeff Sessions (R-AL), Democratic Pollster Doug Schoen, rep. Jeff Flake (R-AZ) and Fox Business Host Lou Dobbs. Don't miss Friday's very special show with Glenn and Pastor John Hagee on Israel.

http://watchglennbeck.com/

Nick Gillespie was also on the show talking about Obama's unconstitutional war in Libya. Judge ends the show with a rousing closing statement on the pathetic budget deal. Here's the tube of the entire show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYAYAZIMP70

Sola_Fide
04-12-2011, 09:16 PM
Thanks for the tube jct74

rp08orbust
04-12-2011, 09:19 PM
Set your DVR's/Tivo's to boost Judge's ratings. That helps boost the ratings, right?

LOL, urban legend.

jct74
04-12-2011, 09:21 PM
How the Nielsen TV ratings work — and what could replace them (http://io9.com/#!5636210/how-the-nielsen-tv-ratings-work--and-what-could-replace-them)

Interesting, thanks. Sounds like the number of people DVRing the program still gets counted, but it doesn't count toward the official Nielson ratings. I'm guessing the number of people DVRing still gets looked at and counts for something though, which would agree with what The State said above. I'll look more into it maybe when I get a chance.

jct74
04-12-2011, 09:30 PM
I think the Judge will be filling in for Beck all week.....hopefully this is a sign that the Judge will replace Beck. Gives Ron a big audience to be able to announce his run for President.

I read last week that he was supposed to be splitting hosting duties with Eric Bolling, so I'm not sure if he will be on tomorrow or Thursday. I'll bump this thread with an update if I find out he's hosting tomorrow. Friday's show will be taped with Glenn Beck hosting though, its a special on Israel with John Hagee.

IDefendThePlatform
04-12-2011, 09:55 PM
Ron announcing on Becks show with judge nap hosting sounds pretty much ideal to me. Largest possible audience with best interview.

Vessol
04-12-2011, 09:58 PM
God I hope that the Judge takes over Beck's show. Would be so freaking sweet.

low preference guy
04-12-2011, 09:59 PM
Ron announcing on Becks show with judge nap hosting sounds pretty much ideal to me. Largest possible audience with best interview.

Isn't it sort of a slap in Beck's face?

Carehn
04-12-2011, 10:16 PM
Isn't it sort of a slap in Beck's face?

Yes and it will not happen but thats what would make it so cool.

jct74
04-13-2011, 02:32 PM
Judge is hosting again today, but it will be the last time this week he is hosting (Eric Bolling tomorrow, pre-taped show Friday).
http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/glenn-beck-off-the-fox-news-air-this-week_b61293

ravedown
04-13-2011, 03:30 PM
disturbing...looks like fox producers are running the becks show now. so far the judge has had lindsey graham, huckabee, and bachman on and its nothing but obama bashing. this sucks! its clear they have a short leash on the judge.

BlackTerrel
04-13-2011, 03:31 PM

Pretty interesting about Nielsen. For instance my buddy who works in sports media is convinced that sports viewership is under counted because so many people watch it in bars rather than in their homes.

Nielsen is far from perfect yet multi-million dollar decisions are made on this metric every day.

Dave Aiello
04-13-2011, 03:38 PM
Judge's viewership:
Monday: 1,533,000
Tuesday: 1,565,000

Beck's viewership:
Monday (4/4): 2,017,000
Tuesday (4/5): 1,911,000

egh.. not sure if he could even keep up his current numbers, once beck fans cancel the show on their DVR.

IDefendThePlatform
04-13-2011, 04:28 PM
Judge's viewership:

Beck's viewership:

egh.. not sure if he could even keep up his current numbers, once beck fans cancel the show on their DVR.

Yes but don't new hosts always start out pretty far behind the previous host? Like the whole Conan O'Brien-Jay Leno thing, where Jay's ratings were much better (so he got his show back) but Conan's were actually better than Jay's at the same time into their careers?

Judge's numbers will rise. I hope...

matt0611
04-13-2011, 05:05 PM
Judge's viewership:

Beck's viewership:

Thats not entirely fair though, guest host vs regular host.
A lot of Beck fans probably watch the show but turn it off if theres a guest host.
If the judge had his own regular show on Fox News I'm sure he could pull off some better numbers and build a good base of viewers.

lx43
04-13-2011, 06:10 PM
Who in the hell wants to see Eric Boling?

eduardo89
04-13-2011, 06:38 PM
thanks for the tube

jct74
04-13-2011, 07:55 PM
disturbing...looks like fox producers are running the becks show now. so far the judge has had lindsey graham, huckabee, and bachman on and its nothing but obama bashing. this sucks! its clear they have a short leash on the judge.

yeah, tonight's show was kind of a dud.

Tonight: Today we heard President Obama say that the debt really does matter. For most of his tenure, he has been subscribing to a bogus economic philosophy that government spending can spur the economy- and that the government can spend as much as it wants in order to carry out this absurd idea. So, what if anything changed with today's speech? Tonight's guests include Senator Lindsey Graham (R-SC) ?!, Former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee, Congresswoman Michele Bachmann (R-MN), Fox News Analyst Kirsten Powers, Nancy Skinner and CATO Institute's Mark Calabria.

http://watchglennbeck.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wnsz_o_OFKg