PDA

View Full Version : A small hopeful glimpse into the Evangelical world.

unklejman
10-25-2007, 12:50 PM
Last night at my church's Wednesday night supper, I was going around asking people for signatures to get RP on the ballot here in AL. Realize that this is a Southern Baptist Church in the southern most area of the Bible Belt. I was getting signatures from the middle aged people in the gym, 4 of which required me to go to a rather in-depth talk about Ron Paul before they would sign.

These people are receptive to the message. Even if they agreed to go into Iraq to begin with, they are tired of it and see it as a no win situation. One lady reached for the pen after I mentioned he wanted to return control of the schools to the state and local level. Most asked if he was a Christian, and I usually added that he is pro-life right after that. This usually met their approval. The youth pastor heard the name Ron Paul and was virtually smothering me trying to sign. Only two refused to sign until after they did some research, to which I handed them a trifold and a Statement of Faith.

I came out with a total of 18 signatures.

freelance
10-25-2007, 01:22 PM
WOW! Just WOW! Awesome job.

me3
10-25-2007, 01:24 PM
Thank you for doing what you are doing to further the cause. It's efforts like this that give us an opportunity to win.