PDA

View Full Version : Jesse Ventura an enemy of Pat Buchanan?

AuH20
04-12-2011, 09:35 AM
Anybody hear him on Coast to Coast last night? He said that he allied with Trump to help possibly derail Buchanan's run in 2000?

ronpaulhawaii
04-12-2011, 09:54 AM
Trump/Ventura 2012 ???
:rolleyes:

LibertyEagle
04-12-2011, 09:55 AM
I'm not even sure if Ventura is on our side. He seems like more of an opportunist and a showman to me. If he did side with Trump to derail Buchanan, that speaks volumes.

reduen
04-12-2011, 10:03 AM
A Trump/Ventura ticket would take votes from Dr. Paul but I do not think that Ventura would do that to him. I can see him doing it to Buchanan as I do not find him to be very genuine but I think that Ventura really respects Ron Paul...

WilliamC
04-12-2011, 10:10 AM
How about Ventura for Sec Defense in the Paul administration?

Isn't he against undeclared wars?

chudrockz
04-12-2011, 10:22 AM
That would be too bad, however, it was ten years ago. Heck, ten years ago I was pro military/ pro empire.

TheeJoeGlass
04-12-2011, 01:26 PM
Heck, I was that way two years ago!

anaconda
04-12-2011, 03:15 PM
I listened to the C2C AM show last night. Ventura is not the brightest bulb in the knife drawer. A lady called in and asked him what his thoughts were on the U.S. being a corporation on paper? I am 99% sure she was alluding to the Ring of Power D.C./Vatican/City of London type esoteric conspiracy theory thing but it was completely lost on Ventura, who began to "agree" with her that the military in the U.S. was primarily used to benefit corporations.

On the other hand, Alex Jones was uncommonly good. He spoke more calmly and academically than usual, and with tons of content and analysis.

ClayTrainor
04-12-2011, 03:20 PM
I'm not even sure if Ventura is on our side. He seems like more of an opportunist and a showman to me. If he did side with Trump to derail Buchanan, that speaks volumes.

I feel like his heart is in the right place, but his brain is not.

erowe1
04-12-2011, 03:27 PM
There was definitely a civil war inside the Reform party at that time. Once it ceased to be defined as the Ross Perot party it didn't really have a cohesive definition. I don't think Ventura was ever really much of a Perot guy. And I think Buchanan basically got the nomination by bringing in his own supporters who were disaffected Republicans, not Perot supporters. So it's natural that the factions were going to butt heads then. Also, Buchanan always ran as a very staunch social conservative, and Ventura and Perot were not. I think there was a lot of resistance to letting the Reform Party become a socially conservative party.

Kotin
04-12-2011, 03:49 PM
I listened to the C2C AM show last night. Ventura is not the brightest bulb in the knife drawer. A lady called in and asked him what his thoughts were on the U.S. being a corporation on paper? I am 99% sure she was alluding to the Ring of Power D.C./Vatican/City of London type esoteric conspiracy theory thing but it was completely lost on Ventura, who began to "agree" with her that the military in the U.S. was primarily used to benefit corporations.

On the other hand, Alex Jones was uncommonly good. He spoke more calmly and academically than usual, and with tons of content and analysis.

is there a tube of this??

BlackTerrel
04-12-2011, 06:32 PM
I don't like Trump but I dislike Buchanan even more.

White Bear Lake
04-12-2011, 06:41 PM
I'm a huge fan of Buchanan and I'd probably pick him as VP if Ron somehow managed to get the nomination.

Matt Collins
04-12-2011, 07:46 PM
Ventura is a clown. He wants government run healthcare. He told Geraldo on his show.

angelatc
04-12-2011, 07:49 PM
I'm a huge fan of Buchanan and I'd probably pick him as VP if Ron somehow managed to get the nomination.

Me too. I don't agree with everything he says, but I'd vote for him in a New York second.

Distinguished Gentleman
04-12-2011, 08:13 PM
The strange thing is, If Trump were true to his rhetoric, his platform would be similar to Buchanan's Skepticism about foreign intervention/concerned about foreign trade.

Flawed candidates but I'd take them .

Southron
04-12-2011, 08:25 PM

I agree with Buchanan almost as much as I agree with Ron Paul. Too bad there aren't more people in politics that reflect either of them.

The Binghamton Patriot
04-12-2011, 08:46 PM
While I like Jesse very much, I think he supports Gov't healthcare because of his military experience with it. I don't think he understands the economics of the situation, i.e. you can't provide unlimited medical resources to an entire population. While it is def plausible and justifiable to have top quality healthcare for the troops, I think Jesse may have opted to take this position to pander to the progressive left. Pat Buchanan would be the BEST pick if Ron were to win the nomination, because he attracts MANY religious, anti-abortion, southern Americans who want to regulate morality. Pat supports reigning in the interventionism, which is his best point. Remember, Pat is also PRO Drug War.. While I don't think this could hurt Ron in the long term, it is only realistic to assume that we need a values-oriented VP to solidify social cons in the Gen Election. Just my 2 cents.

anaconda
04-12-2011, 09:56 PM
is there a tube of this??

I was listening on the radio. I believe you can stream shows off the C2C website if you're a subscriber. And I don't think it's terribly expensive if memory serves.

jct74
04-13-2011, 02:15 AM
here's the whole show:
http://www.youtube.com/user/58784677#g/c/1E2F9FE3C4CC63ED

anaconda
04-13-2011, 03:33 AM
The strange thing is, If Trump were true to his rhetoric, his platform would be similar to Buchanan's Skepticism about foreign intervention/concerned about foreign trade.

Flawed candidates but I'd take them .

Buchanan's foreign policy is nearly a direct opposite of Trump's. Trump's is closer to a neocon. Pat's is almost like a Ron Paul.

blocks
04-13-2011, 03:41 AM
I feel like his heart is in the right place, but his brain is not.

This sums up how I feel exactly...The guy isn't all there, which is unfortunate because if he was he'd be a powerhouse.