PDA

View Full Version : Our wars and the politics of Obama's re-election bid.

tangent4ronpaul
04-12-2011, 08:52 AM
Well things seem to be changing, rather radically.

The CIA is no longer interested in talking to captured terrorists unless they have been captured in Iraq or Afghanistan.

There was the change in venue for the Gitmo detainees "trials".

Drone (predator) airstrikes are to taper off and end.

At least 2 Reps have mentioned that we are involved in several other conflicts, beyond the 3 wars - but neglect to mention them.

The above from FOX and Friends morning show and C-SPAN Guests, and now:

Pakistan wants CIA to scale back operations
http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/2011-04-12-cia-pakistan.htm

Is this all because Obama wants a second term?

Is it because poll numbers for him, Congress and the gvmt in general are in free fall?

Is it because we are broke?

Is it because the rest of the world, or perhaps a VIC (Very Important Country or Coalition) is saying BACK OFF! ?

Or could it be a combination of these things?

Incidentally, one of the Reps on C-SPAN this morning on the foreign services committee, responding to a callers question about all the mil bases worldwide said that they have been discussing closing some of them. Maybe a lot of them. Caller mentioned RP.

Dang! if Obama keeps doing this and closed the FED, there might be a snowballs chance in hell that I might vote for him.

CAREFUL! - It's probably a trick to get RP to decide not to run....

Discussion....

dean.engelhardt
04-12-2011, 08:57 AM
It won Bush an election in 2004. Obama is just keeping to the same formula.

bwlibertyman
04-12-2011, 09:27 AM
Yeah, I wouldn't make much of this. Kind of sounds like when the incumbents usually push some reserve oil into the market to lower gas prices. I'm getting ready to see lower prices come September and October.

acptulsa
04-12-2011, 09:31 AM
It won Bush an election in 2004. Obama is just keeping to the same formula.

With Dubya, the wars we got were basically him keeping campaign promises. It was what we expected and what his base wanted.

A third war is not what Obama primary voters wanted. At least, not very damned many of them. He has done his level best to alienate those who put him there. And this pandering isn't going to help him much.