PDA

View Full Version : Should we just let R-money have 2012?

Mahkato
04-11-2011, 11:13 PM
Give the 2012 nomination to Romney, which means Obama gets re-elected, which means Rand can take 2016?

qh4dotcom
04-11-2011, 11:15 PM
You gotta be kidding...the country can't survive another 4 years of Obama policies

gerryb
04-11-2011, 11:29 PM
No. Get organized.

Anti Federalist
04-11-2011, 11:31 PM
You gotta be kidding...the country can't survive another 4 years of Obama policies

Regardless, I'm pretty sure that is what is going to happen.

Batman
04-12-2011, 12:12 AM
If Romney gets the nomination, it won't be with my vote. As long as I have good choices like Ron or Rand then I'll take them knowing that whatever happens, at least I tried.

AuH20
04-12-2011, 12:14 AM
But then Obama sweeps in key senate seats as well. We can't just punt.

libertybrewcity
04-12-2011, 12:46 AM
lol, how is this even being considered? why can't rand have the chance in 2016 and ron in 2012?

AtomiC
04-12-2011, 01:59 AM
lol, how is this even being considered? why can't rand have the chance in 2016 and ron in 2012?

+1

The Dark Knight
04-12-2011, 02:08 AM
if the Republicans nominate anyone else besides Ron Paul they will lose because they will not have the base of the party behind them. It will be 2008 all over again

amy31416
04-12-2011, 03:48 AM
Regardless, I'm pretty sure that is what is going to happen.

Me too...but that's all the more reason for Ron to run, and us to support him massively--the stage is not yet completely set. "Conservatives" are still way too blind.

nayjevin
04-12-2011, 03:55 AM
Can't have perfect knowledge of the future. It's just fooling yourself to believe 'if I vote strategically I'll get this outcome.' Vote and act toward that which is good and true and honest and the chips will fall.

acptulsa
04-12-2011, 05:43 AM
I believe we have an excellent chance in this election, unfortunately. I say unfortunately because, unfortunately, I believe several more of Ron Paul's dire predictions are about to come true. And when they do, neither Romney nor Trump nor any of those other fools is going to show any signs of having a clue.

That said, suppose we all lay down and wait. What then? I don't even want to contemplate what we'll get if we don't fight now. I've read Lewis' It Can't Happen Here and I've seen it happen more than once, just in my lifetime. And I do not want.

If we let them cross this line in the sand unopposed our grandchildren are beyond screwed. Beyond screwed. We are at a crossroads of history. Failure may be an option. We might come out of failure in not such bad shape. But laying down for them is not an option. The consequences are unthinkable.

ifthenwouldi
04-12-2011, 07:22 AM
What we need to do is focus on getting liberty candidates into Congress. Having a liberty president standing among a sea of idiots isn't gonna change much.

Bottom-up.

fisharmor
04-12-2011, 07:23 AM
I think a retarded sea bass with palsy could beat Obama next year.
For that reason, the primaries are going to be ugly. Not like last time. It's going to be the kind of thing that other countries populated with real men start shooting over.
I also agree with Ventura: the establishment is not going to let a Paul get the nomination. What's coming is going to make Diebold controversies and shut down conventions look like the amateur hour.
Rome is burning, and the chief order of business in 2012 is finding the right fiddler. People found with buckets of water will actually start getting arrested.

acptulsa
04-12-2011, 07:25 AM
//

'Live your life so that even if you lose, you are ahead.'--Will Rogers

UtahApocalypse
04-12-2011, 07:41 AM
Mahkato.... Please contact your doctor, or get to a hospital. I think you may have radiation sickness.

White Bear Lake
04-12-2011, 09:43 AM
I think a retarded sea bass with palsy could beat Obama next year.
For that reason, the primaries are going to be ugly. Not like last time. It's going to be the kind of thing that other countries populated with real men start shooting over.

This. I'm prepared for this to go down as the ugliest, most heated, most controversial, most divided primary in history. No it won't get to violence but people will definitely be on the edge. There's too much at stake in the GOP primary.

Matt Collins
04-12-2011, 10:43 AM
Regardless of whether or not Ron achieves electoral victory this cycle we will still win, just like we were the winners of 2008. It's not just about getting Ron elected President, it's about gaining influence in the local and state governments. It's about changing the direction of the Republican Party. It's about bringing our ideas to the forefront and forcing people not only to consider but to debate our issues.

Anti Federalist
04-12-2011, 11:08 AM
Me too...but that's all the more reason for Ron to run, and us to support him massively--the stage is not yet completely set. "Conservatives" are still way too blind.

Agreed.

That is why I am paying almost no mind to the "horse race" articles, "Trump's Winning", "Huckabees' Ahead", "Romney coming on" and so on.

<<<raspberries>>>

The Ghoul was polling at the top of the field at this stage in 2007.

<<<<Eyes on the ball.

JohnEngland
04-12-2011, 11:21 AM
What about the Senate? Are there any Rand Pauls or Mike Lees this time? No good having the congress and presidency if you don't have the senate too...

fisharmor
04-12-2011, 11:24 AM
What about the Senate? Are there any Rand Pauls or Mike Lees this time? No good having the congress and presidency if you don't have the senate too...

Don't know, but we should identify them real early on and keep them, at all costs, from talking to Glen Beck.

Matt Collins
04-12-2011, 11:24 AM
You should read this: http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/cifamerica/2011/apr/09/us-elections-2012-congress