PDA

View Full Version : Fed Officials Will Continue on 'Kamikaze' Path of Financial Destruction

AuH20
04-11-2011, 10:03 PM
Just based on all that conjecture surrounding Bill Gross' potential motives with his recently created liquidity, I really thought the Fed would come to their senses and raise interest rates. I guess I'm wrong.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703841904576257261599060184.html?m od=WSJ_hp_LEFTWhatsNewsCollection

Top Federal Reserve officials sent a clear signal that the Fed is unlikely to follow the European Central Bank in lifting interest rates from rock-bottom levels anytime soon, playing down the idea that soaring commodity prices will lead to broader U.S. inflation.

At the Economic Club of New York on Monday, Janet Yellen, the Fed's vice chairwoman, said U.S. monetary policy "continues to be appropriate."

Recent increases in prices of oil, grain and other commodities are "unlikely to have persistent effects on consumer inflation or to derail the economic recovery" and are "not likely to warrant any substantial shift in ...