PDA

View Full Version : Foiled by the Law - lol (RPRider)

ronpaulhawaii
10-25-2007, 12:16 PM
So there I was, scoping out the best place to place a sign on an I-8 overpass, when out of the corner of my eye I notice a Highway patrol turning my way. I quickly put the sign in my cart and started filling my camelback as he pulled up. Asking me what I was doing I simply told him I was riding cross-country and attempted to change the direction of the conversation by talking about getting through the fires. He wasn't having none of it and mentioned that he had seen me "over there by the gaurdrail, what were you doing?" I simply said, "oh just checking out the structure". There was an awkward silence as he looked at me smiling back at him. He knew there was more to the story but was realizing I was not about to incriminate myself. So to break the silence I said, "So, have you heard of RP?" He hadn't. We had a short conversation where I gave him my basic line of "he's the first honest politician that I have had a chance to vote for in my entire life." I amplified that with a statement that he is truly about "the rule of Law"

While he said he couldn't take a flier from a "civilian", he did promise to look him up. We then talked about routing and he explained I would have to stay on this frontage road I am on for a few more miles and then can get on the freeway. All in all a pleasent encounter with "Tha Law". The only drag is that I am going to have to be careful about placing this last sign.

In other news, my more forceful e-mails last night yeilded results. Yuma has signs for me, and Phoenix has everything a man on the road would desire.

I've done 30mile in 3 hours, 30 more to go for the day. On a break posting right here...

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb19/mkauai/HPIM0480.jpg

will blog later

m

Syren123
10-25-2007, 12:21 PM
Way to go, Michael. You are truly the Ambassador of Goodwill.
Be safe.

JPFromTally
10-25-2007, 12:22 PM
"Papers."
"What are you doing?"
"Where are you going?"
"We don't accept things from 'civilians'."

bbachtung
10-25-2007, 12:22 PM
Dude, you are awesome. Nice work on being friendly with the cop and possibly bringing him over to RP.

Sematary
10-25-2007, 12:23 PM
Keep it going Hawaii. You are THE MAN!
It's too bad you can't make it to Philly by the time the rally happens.

Shatterhand
10-25-2007, 12:24 PM
Wow.

I just stumbled upon your blog on the ron paul riders homepage.

Here it is for others on the forums who didn't know about it.

http://www.ronpaulriders.com/blog/

I look forward to following this Ron Paul riding adventure. Thanks for the updates.

JoshLowry
10-25-2007, 12:24 PM
You rock dude.

Lord Xar
10-25-2007, 12:25 PM
how do you dial in from the road? I see your laptop, but how do you connect?

Green Mountain Boy
10-25-2007, 12:26 PM
That's funny that he said he couldn't take a flier from a civilian because I was campaigning at the Obama rally in Boston the other day and a police officer came up to me and asked for a flier about Ron Paul.

American
10-25-2007, 12:27 PM
Thats awesome, keep up the good work!!!

Primbs
10-25-2007, 12:28 PM
Way to go. Ready to greet you in Virginia.

ghemminger
10-25-2007, 12:31 PM
Wow - Great Story!

Ron Paul Fan
10-25-2007, 12:32 PM
Why do you have a guitar in the back? Wouldn't it be an easier ride if you dropped the dead weight? Also, why don't you take smaller bottles of water instead of lugging that big gallon jug around? You could be much more efficient if you just followed my wisdom. Remember, when you're spreading the freedom message it's not how well you talk to people, it's how many people you talk to!

ronpaulhawaii
10-25-2007, 12:38 PM

EVDO through a Pocket PC with an unlimited data plan from Verizon. If someone could find out how to use that for live streams I'd go live through web cam. (I'm pretty much an ignoramus with this new fangled net stuff-LOL) Its a mini usb connection and I've got a solar panel for power. Probably just need the right software (or understand the windows mobile media player)

Anyway, thanks all for your encouraging comments. I'm gonna check my emails again, then log out and start rolling :D

JoshLowry
10-25-2007, 12:39 PM
www.Justin.tv lets you set up your own live streaming channel.

ronpaulhawaii
10-25-2007, 12:53 PM
Why do you have a guitar in the back? Wouldn't it be an easier ride if you dropped the dead weight? Also, why don't you take smaller bottles of water instead of lugging that big gallon jug around? You could be much more efficient if you just followed my wisdom. Remember, when you're spreading the freedom message it's not how well you talk to people, it's how many people you talk to!

That would be an ukulele and I hardly go anywhere without it. Not heavy at all. I started this am with 1 gallon. This is a desert. I just use it to fill my camelback.

I think it is a combination of both how many and how well. No sense in just screaming RP over and over, it turns people off.

www.Justin.tv (http://www.Justin.tv) lets you set up your own live streaming channel.

I e-mailed them repeatedly months ago, no answer.

Gotta roll...

m

unklejman
10-25-2007, 12:58 PM
www.stickam.com is like a live youtube.

belian78
10-25-2007, 01:06 PM
if you go through central IL, let me know i'll have a place for you to crash. you're awesome man, keep it up!

ronpaulyourmom
10-25-2007, 01:20 PM

Edit: Nevermind...

A Ron Paul Rebel
10-25-2007, 01:35 PM

WOW!

I can't believe you are spouting this elitist nonsense.

A Ron Paul Rebel

p.s. I'm still trying to come to grips with your last sentence... Every time I read it, I shutter thinking of the damage that you might be causing the campaigne.

UtahApocalypse
10-25-2007, 02:20 PM
I am missing out on all the fun ;)

Anyways, I made it home. Still feeling sick but will start working on the online stuff. I miss the road and hope all will go ok for you. Everyone needs to kick up the support now your out there on your own.

Akus
10-25-2007, 02:24 PM
So there I was, scoping out the best place to place a sign on an I-8 overpass, when out of the corner of my eye I notice a Highway patrol turning my way. I quickly put the sign in my cart and started filling my camelback as he pulled up. Asking me what I was doing I simply told him I was riding cross-country and attempted to change the direction of the conversation by talking about getting through the fires. He wasn't having none of it and mentioned that he had seen me "over there by the gaurdrail, what were you doing?" I simply said, "oh just checking out the structure". There was an awkward silence as he looked at me smiling back at him. He knew there was more to the story but was realizing I was not about to incriminate myself. So to break the silence I said, "So, have you heard of RP?" He hadn't. We had a short conversation where I gave him my basic line of "he's the first honest politician that I have had a chance to vote for in my entire life." I amplified that with a statement that he is truly about "the rule of Law"

While he said he couldn't take a flier from a "civilian", he did promise to look him up. We then talked about routing and he explained I would have to stay on this frontage road I am on for a few more miles and then can get on the freeway. All in all a pleasent encounter with "Tha Law". The only drag is that I am going to have to be careful about placing this last sign.

In other news, my more forceful e-mails last night yeilded results. Yuma has signs for me, and Phoenix has everything a man on the road would desire.

I've done 30mile in 3 hours, 30 more to go for the day. On a break posting right here...

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb19/mkauai/HPIM0480.jpg

will blog later

m

Next time you talk to a cop about RP, be sure to mention the legislations he was trying to push to help cops. Something about vists, but don't quote me on that, I think RP library has something on it.

Politicallore
10-25-2007, 02:26 PM
very sweet man
Your are great

Ron Paul Fan
10-25-2007, 02:39 PM
WOW!

I can't believe you are spouting this elitist nonsense.

A Ron Paul Rebel

p.s. I'm still trying to come to grips with your last sentence... Every time I read it, I shutter thinking of the damage that you might be causing the campaigne.

Nonsense. Remember that old saying in band, it's not out well you play IT'S HOW LOUD YOU PLAY!!!!!!!! I think that analogy fits here as well. If you can only reach 1 person and have a 100% convert rate, and I can reach 10 people and have an 80% convert rate then I am better than you. Efficiency is one of the most important qualities we can have right now. If we can't get the word out to a lot of people then we might as well close up shop right now! I have tried very hard and have converted many. I was just trying to give RP Hawaii some helpful tips. He explained his position and I now agree with him. Maybe that one guy was right. People here are too thin skinned! Also, I'm now a member of the century club AND a part owner of the forum so be careful who you mess with because I have a lot of friends in high places, including myself!

Brian Bailey
10-25-2007, 02:53 PM
Nonsense. Remember that old saying in band, it's not out well you play IT'S HOW LOUD YOU PLAY!!!!!!!! I think that analogy fits here as well. If you can only reach 1 person and have a 100% convert rate, and I can reach 10 people and have an 80% convert rate then I am better than you. Efficiency is one of the most important qualities we can have right now. If we can't get the word out to a lot of people then we might as well close up shop right now! I have tried very hard and have converted many. I was just trying to give RP Hawaii some helpful tips. He explained his position and I now agree with him. Maybe that one guy was right. People here are too thin skinned! Also, I'm now a member of the century club AND a part owner of the forum so be careful who you mess with because I have a lot of friends in high places, including myself!

You're being intentionally obtuse in some ill-conceived attempt at humor, right?

runderwo
10-25-2007, 02:57 PM
He can't accept papers from 'civilians'? Man, sometimes these people need a reminder that they, too, are 'civilians', and not some elite paramilitary...

Ron Paul Fan
10-25-2007, 03:24 PM
You're being intentionally obtuse in some ill-conceived attempt at humor, right?

No, of course not. You've got me all wrong. We have to be serious about this if we're going to win. Joking around is not for winners. Did you see the debate on Sunday? Here's a recap:

Thompson, "Uh...I'm uh....not uh.... lazy...der....!!" AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Giuliani, "Hillary Clinton roots for the Yankees, but she's from Chicago and where was she on September 11th? I was there protecting the city! That has to count for something, doesn't it?" AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA (Kind of ironic now that Giuliani is both a Red Sox and Yankees fan, but that's beside the point).

Romney, "We can't beat Hillary by acting like Hillary even though I'm doing a pretty damn good job at it!" AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

McCain, "I'm all tied up literally and financially so I'm sending around an offering because I sure as hell need it, my friends!" AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Huckabee, "I'm glad I didn't get asked a question in the first 15 minute slugfest because I would have had to go back to my hotel and slit my wrists!" AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Paul, "We can't even protect our own cities while we're prancing around the world!" BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

The point is that while everyone else was up there trying to be the next Johnny Carson, our leader Ron Paul was up there trying to be the next President of the United States. He was trying to WIN! So why don't we follow his lead and try to emulate him? WWRPD? Get serious people! Our candidate has and we have to as well or we'll be sitting down in Guantanamo very shortly, regretting our decision and wondering where we went wrong.

Roxi
10-25-2007, 04:03 PM
That would be an ukulele and I hardly go anywhere without it.

m

holy crap a ukulele? you are WAY WAY cooler than i even thought. :D

and you might check into a portable connect card from sprint mine works everywhere!

me3
10-25-2007, 04:07 PM
Looking at the pledgebank, some more pledgers for the RP Riders are needed.

http://www.pledgebank.com/RPRiders-AUL-PAC

http://www.pledgebank.com/RPRiders-RPRadio

http://www.pledgebank.com/RPRiders-Grannys

Adamsa
10-25-2007, 04:59 PM
That sounds amazing, really, that's awesome!

slantedview
10-25-2007, 05:09 PM
In case nobody saw this in the other thread, there's a chipin/paypal account now setup to help out Mike on the Ron Paul Riders effort. See below:

If anyone is maxxed and can help, the fires cost me over $500 in direct costs. Lord Xar is administering the following acct. Please read how it is set up and donate accordingly.

http://ronpaulriderspublic.chipin.com/ron-paul-riders-aul-pac

ronpaulhawaii
10-25-2007, 10:23 PM
He can't accept papers from 'civilians'? Man, sometimes these people need a reminder that they, too, are 'civilians', and not some elite paramilitary...

My thoughts exactly. Probably their training. They were decent though and we may have some new supporters...

Looking at the pledgebank, some more pledgers for the RP Riders are needed.

http://www.pledgebank.com/RPRiders-AUL-PAC

http://www.pledgebank.com/RPRiders-RPRadio

http://www.pledgebank.com/RPRiders-Grannys

In case nobody saw this in the other thread, there's a chipin/paypal account now setup to help out Mike on the Ron Paul Riders effort. See below:

This is much appreciated, much mahalos and plenty aloha for you guys

I dis-agree, The play loud thing only works with kids (and they don't vote). Adults want honest and well conveyed substance. Me-thinks you should get off your high horse, get on a bike and ride... :p

(chuckle)

m

note to admin, I'll work on getting this into one thread :o

Esor
10-25-2007, 11:19 PM
I really would love to do something similar to this. Too bad I am still in college and have work or else I would have loved to do this. Anyways, goodluck! I'll be chippin in with a bit of money in a few days.

ronpaulhawaii
10-25-2007, 11:37 PM
I really would love to do something similar to this. Too bad I am still in college and have work or else I would have loved to do this. Anyways, goodluck! I'll be chippin in with a bit of money in a few days.

Let me assure you this is much easier said than done :eek:. I am blessed to have generous friends and family, and the type of work that allows me to do most anything (like take months off).

Please, if you are not maxxed, simply sign a pledge. We need to get RP as much money as possible and these pledges allow you plenty of time to save up. I know it is hard to work and go to school. I really appreciate the gesture.

m
Pledges in sig, blog on site, Chip-in for the fortunate ones in ClubMax:cool: (I'll get there one way or another;))

Roxi
10-25-2007, 11:46 PM
HA HA im going to laugh when that cop becomes a huge fan of ron paul, ends up on these forums, and sees your post and then he will know what you were "really" up to.. :D at least by then he wont care

sylvania
10-25-2007, 11:47 PM
I love reading your blog and am super impressed with your committment. Thank you for all you are doing.

What a nice woman to rent you a room for just $1. Thanks for the pics of the meal. It's great to have such details.

Nefertiti
10-26-2007, 05:08 AM
I gave fliers and slimjims out to police here in Chicago during some of our marches.

ronpaulhawaii
10-26-2007, 11:09 PM
http://ronpaulriders.com/blog/

HA HA im going to laugh when that cop becomes a huge fan of ron paul, ends up on these forums, and sees your post and then he will know what you were "really" up to.. :D at least by then he wont care

As long as he becomes a supporter I won't care either- LOL

I love reading your blog and am super impressed with your committment. Thank you for all you are doing.

What a nice woman to rent you a room for just $1. Thanks for the pics of the meal. It's great to have such details.

She was great check the blog. Sure would be nice to send her a small bouquet (hin hint). Lunch pic on the blog just for you :)

I gave fliers and slimjims out to police here in Chicago during some of our marches.

California is a... different place

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb19/mkauai/lookinguphill1.jpg

ronpaulhawaii
10-27-2007, 08:01 AM
The sun rises on another day

Long one in front 78 miles - Tacna to Gila Bend. More mountains. looking forward to getting to Phoenix

Please sign a pledge and help inspire me.

Thanks

CAKochenash
10-27-2007, 09:47 AM
YUMA!!! My home town...woot

princessredtights
10-27-2007, 10:09 AM
I just pledged - (my part is sure a lot easier than YOUR part, Michael!)

Thanks for doing what you're doing! :D

ronpaulhawaii
10-28-2007, 12:56 AM
I just pledged - (my part is sure a lot easier than YOUR part, Michael!)

Thanks for doing what you're doing! :D

no no no , THANK YOU!!!:)

Here are some of your counterparts in Phoenix

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb19/mkauai/HPIM0511.jpg

more on blog

Jerome
10-28-2007, 01:16 AM
You're incredible man. Be safe.

ronpaulhawaii
10-28-2007, 01:55 AM
You're incredible man. Be safe.

Thanks Jerome, I do try to be as safe as possible. And I don't feel incredible, I'm just a regular guy who happend to learn young that we are all much more capable than we usually give ourselves credit for. Chase your dreams, set your goals and pursue them relentlessly. Life is for living and failure is not trying...

speciallyblend
10-28-2007, 06:05 AM
Thanks for all your great work:) I'm going to cheyenne wy today to go to the RON PAUL RALLY:) KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK,i just hope to shake Ron Paul's hand and let him know Colorado is with him:)

ronpaulhawaii
10-28-2007, 08:59 AM
Thanks for all your great work:) I'm going to cheyenne wy today to go to the RON PAUL RALLY:) KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK,i just hope to shake Ron Paul's hand and let him know Colorado is with him:)

My hopes are with you. I look forward to seeing the pics, (and a little skiing sometime:D)

m

constitutional
10-28-2007, 09:06 AM
Wow, that was awesome. I visited your blog and you seem to meet a lot of people and convince them to vote for Dr. RP. Keep it up!