PDA

View Full Version : For Republicans: Dislike Boehner? Could be worse! Eric Cantor wants his job.

Cowlesy
04-11-2011, 10:28 AM
http://dailycaller.com/2011/04/11/are-they-drifting-apart-rumors-swirl-that-boehner-and-cantor-are-less-than-cozy/

It doesn't say exactly what my Title says, but that's what I am reading from this.

Also, interesting that Boehner, Cantor and McCarthy shut out all other Republicans from the negotiations including the Republican Study Committee (which has a much better plan than Paul Ryan or the leadership).

It looks to me like Eric Cantor wants to chip away at Boehner to get the Speaker's seat.

House Speaker John Boehner is being asked on TV about his political ally and deputy, Majority Leader Eric Cantor, but TV viewers don’t know the tangled back story, which involves rumors of rivalries and a history of GOP infighting.

“Eric Cantor, hows your relationship with him?” asked Fox host Bill Hemmer to Boehner in his first interview since party leaders struck a spending deal to avert government shutdown Friday night.

“Good! You know there’s a lot of people who want to write a lot of things about Eric and I, and the jostling for power. It’s just nonsense. Eric and I have this wonderful relationship, we understand each other. We walk through all these battles together. And I’m grateful for his leadership,” Boehner said.

On Sunday, Fox anchor Chris Wallace asked Cantor the same thing.

“There has been a lot of speculation in this town about your relationship with Speaker John Boehner. And there is this image that you’re kind of itchily waiting in the wings for him to leave and for you to be able to succeed him,” Wallace said, “Did he cement his position as speaker and his support inside the Republican Caucus by the way he handled this whole CR debate?”

“Yes. And John Boehner and I have had a relationship, we were in the minority, we’re working together very well in the majority …We have a very good working relationship. And we’re going to work together to see that these things happen,” Cantor said.

“So you back John Boehner as speaker of the House?” Wallace asked.

“Absolutely,” said Cantor, laughing.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2011/04/11/are-they-drifting-apart-rumors-swirl-that-boehner-and-cantor-are-less-than-cozy/#ixzz1JEUNXYGD