PDA

View Full Version : The Big One...

rnestam
04-11-2011, 10:11 AM
I love the bombs, they will bring in great money...but effort should already be focusing in on the one big huge bomb probably on Dec 16th...I will be donating on the debate day, but I personally know at least 10 people, mostly all M. Moore loving liberals, who will not be dropping $100 like they did for both the Nov. 5th, and Tea Party last time. It may seem late but most people will not care until a few debates in...and this time will be great with ALL eyes on the R's....its great, RP needs the money...but don't expect more than a million at best and there is the danger of numbing people to these events. We can hit 10 mil once things are rolling, but not if there is a money bomb every month leading up.....Promote the big one now, build public awareness, and let Ron do the rest in the debates....

TNforPaul45
04-11-2011, 10:18 AM
Poppykok. I say we can hit $3 Million for the debate day moneybomb, if we all just spread the word far and wide enough.

Say no to Mittens!

keh10
04-11-2011, 11:14 AM
I agree with TN. If we can raise a lot of money on Debate day it will give us a lot of credibility and good publicity early on and will probably lead to better performance with money bombs in the future.

rnestam
04-11-2011, 11:26 AM
Yeah, already thinking I'm half wrong...Holding a lead in donations is very important too. If we raised 6 mil when RP was still considered a big underdog means if we have bank then it imagine the money that might get dropped. Half wrong as in I still think a Tea Party bomb should still be established way ahead of time. Not just videos but overpass signs, tagging the end of every video made with the "Big One" date. Even if we have multiple bombs between then and now...

Nate-ForLiberty
04-11-2011, 11:30 AM
Yeah, already thinking I'm half wrong...Holding a lead in donations is very important too. If we raised 6 mil when RP was still considered a big underdog means if we have bank then it imagine the money that might get dropped. Half wrong as in I still think a Tea Party bomb should still be established way ahead of time. Not just videos but overpass signs, tagging the end of every video made with the "Big One" date. Even if we have multiple bombs between then and now...

This has been discussed before in other threads. The Dec 16th moneybomb is too late in the election cycle to really do anything for Ron Paul. He'll already have the media awareness, so the #1 purpose of that moneybomb is moot. He didn't have time to spend the money last go around. We need to have the moneybombs earlier, which is why the first moneybomb on debate day is a wonderful idea.

rnestam
04-11-2011, 11:41 AM
This has been discussed before in other threads. The Dec 16th moneybomb is too late in the election cycle to really do anything for Ron Paul. He'll already have the media awareness, so the #1 purpose of that moneybomb is moot. He didn't have time to spend the money last go around. We need to have the moneybombs earlier, which is why the first moneybomb on debate day is a wonderful idea.

Even with media awareness, you still want 'media' leading up to the early primaries...Between Dec 16th and Iowa is critical, especially if it means taking sole ownership of the real grassroots of the tea party. I in no way see how that is "too late"...He could have spent the money, he decided to put it towards the future which turned out to be a great move. And if the bachmans etc. even try and do something similar on that date they are going to get smoked. A great media victory. Even people who are not political junkies will be deep into politics by then, could even be peaking. Your not going to get average people willing to donate before it gets heated, and without them, we are not going to hit 6 million.

And don't get me wrong, the people putting together the debate day bomb are doing 1,000,000x more than me for the movement. Not saying it isn't great, just saying we need to go mainstream now and this should be the focus as the "Big" media event not long before the primaries roll around. Almost has to be done. And realistically, there is no way we will be able to resist that date anyway, so might as well go nuts starting after the debate day bomb....

thedude
04-11-2011, 11:53 AM
Your not going to get average people willing to donate before it gets heated, and without them, we are not going to hit 6 million.

The 1% rule aside, if everybody who "likes" Ron Paul's Facebook page donates just $20, the Moneybomb will pull in $6,405,160. Before it gets "heated", more people will come back out who are indeed fans but haven't gotten around to "like" the facebook, and then there will be all of the new fans who see him on the TV on the 25th and get involved.

Just sayin'