View Full Version : Marco Rubio

White Bear Lake
04-11-2011, 10:07 AM
This is what Hot-Air (the GOP base) commentors think of him:

Only two things matter to Marco Rubio:

1. Supporting Obama’s war in Libya.

2. Amnesty for illegals.

tetriskid on April 10, 2011 at 9:17 PM

Rubio wanted troops on the ground in Libya. The kid needs to grow up. He’s way too smug for his age too.

Early ‘glory’ has already ruined what was great potential.

Schadenfreude on April 10, 2011 at 9:18 PM

Let’s stone Marco Rubio. He is another sell-out RINO.

bayview on April 10, 2011 at 8:37 PM

Rubio ran away, bravely ran away
When danger reared it’s head he bravely turned his tail and fled.

Heckle on April 10, 2011 at 8:41 PM

Rubio is a young, arrogant buck.

Schadenfreude on April 10, 2011 at 8:52 PM

Great. So I take it you let Rubio decide what you order for dinner too.

miConsevative on April 10, 2011 at 9:15 PM

First, this comes off as SO arrogant from Rubio! Just because he “believes it” we’re supposed to say, “oh, ok, Rubio says it so it must be so.” Who died and made him an authority?

Aslans Girl on April 10, 2011 at 9:25 PM

After his term as senator, he should serve a few years in the army and then get back to us.

Heckle on April 10, 2011 at 9:39 PM

So you can’t read either? That poster to whom you were responding pointed out that this is not the only reason Rubio has disappointed as late: he supports us helping Al-Q in Libya and amnesty.

Aslans Girl on April 10, 2011 at 9:59 PM

Rubio is being criticized for his stand on the issues. You may worship personalities regardless of what they believe but others don’t.

sharrukin on April 10, 2011 at 9:59 PM

http://hotair.com/archives/2011/04/10/quotes-of-the-day-651/comment-page-1/#comments

This was in a thread about Teh Donald and yet Rubio was brought up and they all started trashing him. This is a guy that they were pratically worshipping a year ago.

And people tell me we haven't made any progress in changing the GOP...

AuH20
04-11-2011, 10:20 AM
TARP was the seminal moment in the new consciousness of your average republican. They tolerated betrayals but that was the final straw. That's where the rift began. Now many are extremely wary of anything the republican establishment says. Wait until the primaries start. The fur is really going to fly. I kinda feel sorry for Romney and Huck because they're going to be clobbered.

Brian4Liberty
04-11-2011, 10:46 AM
Make room for Rubio...

http://mikk2.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/vanity-fair-mccain-lieberman-graham3.jpg

liberalnurse
04-11-2011, 10:49 AM
Make room for Rubio...

http://mikk2.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/vanity-fair-mccain-lieberman-graham3.jpg

LMAO. Priceless.

Brett85
04-11-2011, 01:40 PM
I think we've made progress in changing the minds of GOP voters, but so far that hasn't seemed to translate to GOP members of Congress. There's an enormous disconnect between the average Republican voter and the average Republican in Congress.

White Bear Lake
04-11-2011, 09:59 PM
Sorry I don't know why in the world I posted this in the Rand Paul forum. If a mod could move it to General Poltics that would be great.

White Bear Lake
04-11-2011, 10:03 PM
I think we've made progress in changing the minds of GOP voters, but so far that hasn't seemed to translate to GOP members of Congress. There's an enormous disconnect between the average Republican voter and the average Republican in Congress.

I agree completely. The way the system is set up though, there is really nothing we can do to change the minds of the Congressmen so unless we vote them out or wait for them to voluntarily retire, we're kind of stuck with who we got. It will take a few election cycles for the GOP officeholders to begin to reflect this new conservatism in GOP voters just as it took awhile for Goldwater's ideals to sink in. Unfortortunately, Goldwater's ideas got washed out before they could really take hold so we got to make sure this time our ideas aren't quickly swept away.