PDA

View Full Version : How Inflation Violates Retiree Civil Rights

bobbyw24
04-11-2011, 08:34 AM
John Rubino

While we're on the subject of inflation's immorality, consider the impact of the dollar's destruction on retirees.

Citizens who work hard, save, and eventually retire with money in the bank are the bedrock of a stable society. In a rational world they would be held up as examples for the rest of us to emulate, and public policy would aim to create the highest possible number of self-reliant seniors.

Instead, four decades of soaring government spending, borrowing, money printing and public/private corruption have left the US with the historically-all-too-familiar dilemma of "inflate or die". Translated into policy, this means keeping interest rates at rock-bottom levels in order to ease the pressure on "consumers" who the government previously encouraged to go deeply into debt - and to convince the rest of us to leverage ourselves to the hilt with mortgages and car loans.

http://www.silverbearcafe.com/private/04.11/retirees.html

sevin
04-11-2011, 08:48 AM
My wife and I have been talking about this. There's no safe way to save for retirement except with PM's. I don't know if an all-out Mad Max type of collapse will ever happen. Instead, life could go on as usual, but most people won't be able to afford to retire. Older people will be crammed into nursing homes with minimal medical care or they'll have to live with their children.