PDA

View Full Version : "Adam vs The Man" Debut

Kim4Paul
04-11-2011, 06:38 AM
Don't forget to catch the "Adam vs The Man" debut with host Adam Kokesh tonight at 7PM EST on http://rt.com/on-air/rt-america-air/ or http://rt.com/usa/where-to-watch/

Adam will bring his experience as an anti-war US Marine combat veteran and a former candidate for US Congress to his own TV show on Russia Today called "Adam vs The Man." Adam will take on "The Man," discussing politics and life with a focus on the future of America's youth in this welfare and warfare state.

In his first show, Adam will take on "The Man" in the media, calling out all of the partisan, pop-culture political TV show hosts and their fleeting ideological beliefs.

He'll show how an Egyptian-style revolt could happen here in the U.S. and he'll take on the statists with Charlie Veitch.

Adam will "expose the gun in the room" with Stefan Molyneux and discuss with former CIA agent Ray McGovern the violation of his 1st Amendment rights.

And finally, Adam will begin his appeal to the millennial generation, younger people like himself, who see where this country is headed if we don't change course.

Join Adam on Monday, April 11 at 7pm ET as he takes on The Man!

http://www.adamvstheman.com/

Kim4Paul
04-11-2011, 04:49 PM
10 minutes!!

http://rt.com/on-air/rt-america-air/

Texan4Life
04-11-2011, 04:57 PM
streaming RT...

Nate-ForLiberty
04-11-2011, 05:04 PM
on now!!

dannno
04-11-2011, 05:07 PM
Interviewing Stef!

Nate-ForLiberty
04-11-2011, 05:10 PM
http://rt.com/on-air/rt-america-air/

dannno
04-11-2011, 05:15 PM
Dammit, what did he say about Beck and Medina??! My phone rang right when he got into it..

Matt Collins
04-11-2011, 08:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEVWdyfnk7o&feature=player_embedded

AlexMerced
04-11-2011, 08:15 PM
that was freaking great!!! that show was a borderline call for an An-Cap revolution... wow... on TV... amazing...

heavenlyboy34
04-11-2011, 09:07 PM
that was freaking great!!! that show was a borderline call for an An-Cap revolution... wow... on TV... amazing...
w00t!:cool:

mport1
04-11-2011, 09:31 PM

Yep, it was great seeing Stefan Molyneux on TV. I wish Adam would have done a better job at ending his segment though. He seemed to cut him off pretty abruptly.

FSP-Rebel
04-11-2011, 09:58 PM
Adam did the best show I've ever seen. All of u him, make a salute. Watch it and dig it.

He ran the tables on the statists.

Lothario
04-11-2011, 10:01 PM
Very rough first episode, but thankfully there is a new voice for liberty on the media stage.

p.s. Stefan Molyneux was excellent - I could have watched him the entire time.

talkingpointes
04-11-2011, 10:19 PM
Wow Stossel, the Judge, and now ADAM. This show is a great platform for a real hardcore voice of "libertarianism". His back round and confronting demeanor gives him sort of a mans "man" type of persona, being articulate and interesting brings him to the forefront in my eyes. I think he and this show despite it's parent "company" he will go far. His biting remarks about beck were.. on par. My expectations were far exceeded in terms of being met. +1776

Calling Russia Today state propaganda on their own network while getting paid to do what you love = FUCKING PRICELESS

justinc.1089
04-11-2011, 10:32 PM
Now I understand why he didn't win his congressional race.

He seriously is in his rally for the republic super-dramatic mode 24/7. He needs to learn to talk like a normal person if he's going to be on television. Instead of saying "THE GOVERNMENT IS TYRANNICAL!" saying something like what Napolitano and Stossel say is much more effective. Talking in absolutes won't cause anyone to consider your opposing view.

The show needs a ton of work.

He lacked substantial content other than the CIA guest and his quotes from Washington and Jefferson. He didn't even have topics to discuss really. It was just like "rha rha rha THE GOVERNMENT IS GOING TO DESTROY THE WORLD! THERE MIGHT EVEN BE A REVOLUTION RIGHT HERE IN AMERICA. MAYBE."

Stossel and Napolitano are completely substantial. Every sentence they say is not empty rhetoric, but either addresses a current problem or explains a theoretical aspect of liberty.

Kokesh better take notes from Stossel and Napolitano or I fear this show will fail.

And what in the world is with the name of the show?!?!?!?! :confused::eek::confused::eek::confused:

"Adam V. The Man" is about the dumbest name I think they could have thought of for this show. Even if for some reason Kokesh really really really really just LOVES the idea of using "The Man" in the show's name, then the show's name should be either "Adam Kokesh V. The Man" or "Kokesh V. The Man." No one in tv uses their first name only as the name of their show because it sounds wierd. I'm sure someone somewhere does that, but its not common because it sounds wierd using your first name only in a tv show's title.

PreDeadMan
04-11-2011, 11:03 PM
Holy shit that was OUTSTANDING...... fucking AWESOME i live in new york on long island what channel is his show on television? This is on television in certain states correct? i'd like to promote and spread his show to everyone i know !!! i can't believe stefan was on the show holy crap LOL

Sola_Fide
04-11-2011, 11:10 PM
Great show.

Stephan mischaracterized the founder's view of theocracy, but other than that, great show. I still can't believe we are getting these opportunities to spread our ideas. This aint 2008!

emazur
04-11-2011, 11:15 PM

He lacked substantial content other than the CIA guest and his quotes from Washington and Jefferson. He didn't even have topics to discuss really. It was just like "rha rha rha THE GOVERNMENT IS GOING TO DESTROY THE WORLD! THERE MIGHT EVEN BE A REVOLUTION RIGHT HERE IN AMERICA. MAYBE."

I can agree with this to some extent. It seemed more like a radio show (where a host often has 2 to hours and can afford to rant). The interviews were good though - that's where I think the show has a great deal of potential. Judge Nap has too many establishment types on his show and keeps inviting them back (like Bachmann and Rangel) and his stable of libertarian guests is pretty small - Reason & CATO guys, the Pauls, and the Judge's friends like Rockwell and Horneberger. He'll have some people like G. Edward Griffin on every now and then, but since moving to daily Fox Biz from the online show the daily menu has become much more limited. Adam supposedly has full editorial control of the show and doesn't have to run cross-promotions with other Fox Biz hosts like the Judge has to, so I think his show has a lot of potential.

And what in the world is with the name of the show?!?!?!?! :confused::eek::confused::eek::confused:

"Adam V. The Man" is about the dumbest name I think they could have thought of for this show. Even if for some reason Kokesh really really really really just LOVES the idea of using "The Man" in the show's name, then the show's name should be either "Adam Kokesh V. The Man" or "Kokesh V. The Man." No one in tv uses their first name only as the name of their show because it sounds wierd. I'm sure someone somewhere does that, but its not common because it sounds wierd using your first name only in a tv show's title.

That was the name of his radio show. I like the name personally. BTW there is another Russia Today host that uses the first name only as the show title - The Alyona Show.

Matthew Zak
04-11-2011, 11:18 PM
I thought for a FIRST show the content was appropriate. He made it clear how he felt about the establishment, but didn't lay it on too thick. I did get the feeling that he was rushing his guests too much. I hope he'll consider only having one guest on at a time and having a more interesting discussion around a more focused weekly topic. He used a fair amount of visual aids, but he should use even more because damn, he likes to talk.

emazur
04-11-2011, 11:21 PM
Holy shit that was OUTSTANDING...... fucking AWESOME i live in new york on long island what channel is his show on television? This is on television in certain states correct? i'd like to promote and spread his show to everyone i know !!! i can't believe stefan was on the show holy crap LOL

Small world - I used to live in Lindenhurst as a kid! According to Wikipedia RT is on Time Warner Cable in NY, probably ch 135 for you:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RT_%28TV_network%29

PreDeadMan
04-11-2011, 11:32 PM
Small world - I used to live in Lindenhurst as a kid! According to Wikipedia RT is on Time Warner Cable in NY, probably ch 135 for you:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RT_%28TV_network%29

lol no shit.... how old are you now?ah unfortunately i have cablevision so i don't think i have it on my television i tuned to 135 it's some religious channel thing lol

emazur
04-11-2011, 11:45 PM
lol no shit.... how old are you now?ah unfortunately i have cablevision so i don't think i have it on my television i tuned to 135 it's some religious channel thing lol

I'm 32 now - went to West Gates Elementary til I was 10 and the family left NY. How old are you?

Lothario
04-12-2011, 12:16 AM
Now I understand why he didn't win his congressional race.

He seriously is in his rally for the republic super-dramatic mode 24/7. He needs to learn to talk like a normal person if he's going to be on television. Instead of saying "THE GOVERNMENT IS TYRANNICAL!" saying something like what Napolitano and Stossel say is much more effective. Talking in absolutes won't cause anyone to consider your opposing view.

Stossel and Napolitano are completely substantial. Every sentence they say is not empty rhetoric, but either addresses a current problem or explains a theoretical aspect of liberty.

Kokesh better take notes from Stossel and Napolitano or I fear this show will fail.

Agreed. Too many people will judge the show based on what they want to see as fellow libertarians, instead of what non-libertarians need to see to stimulate the thought and credibility required to consider a philosophical conversion.

This first episode ended up being too radical to share with my non-libertarian friends with any credibility.

PreDeadMan
04-12-2011, 12:24 AM
I'm 32 now - went to West Gates Elementary til I was 10 and the family left NY. How old are you?

wow west gates i know where that is i'm 26 years old i went to Alleghany Elementary School in Lindenhurst lol.... and middle/ high school