PDA

View Full Version : Mall Shooting in Netherlands, Where Very Oppressive Gun Control Laws Exist, Kills 6

Kludge
04-10-2011, 08:40 PM
I am not celebrating the deaths of six people for proving a point. I am pointing out the ineffectiveness of gun control (and virtually every government law).

In the Netherlands "only citizens who are hunters, members of shooting sports clubs or legitimate collectors may obtain licenses for firearms. In the case of shooting club members they will get a license for category III weapons (a firearms category which includes all non- full automatic firearms up to .50 cal.). Possession is generally limited to 5 firearms per license. Collectors may obtain a license for any category of firearm, including full automatic arms, but stringent rules apply to achieving collector status. There is no limit to the number of firearms a collector may obtain. Generally the collector license does not cover shooting these weapons.

Sale/Use is only for those age 18 or over. There are a few dozen gunshops in the Netherlands. Gun ownership is extremely low with only three firearms per hundred people.

Antique firearms are exempt from regulation, antique generally meaning all pre 1945
original muzzle loading firearms or firearms designed for black powder cartridges over .22 caliber, NOT being revolvers.

Firearm possession and use by the military and the police is not subject to Arms and Ammunition Act, but regulated separately."

The story
"AMSTERDAM (AP) -- Thousands of people, including the Dutch prime minister, gathered Sunday evening to lay flowers and mourn at a candlelit memorial service outside a mall in a quiet Amsterdam suburb where a mentally troubled young man shot six people dead a day earlier.

Investigators are still puzzling over the gunman's motive and trying to understand how he was able to obtain and legally own five firearms in the Netherlands, where gun control laws are considered strict, despite prior run-ins with the law and a stay at a psychiatric institution.

The attacker, identified as 24-year-old Tristan van der Vlis, opened fire at the Ridderhof mall in Alphen aan den Rijn with an automatic rifle on one of the first pleasant Saturdays of spring, authorities said. Many of his fatal victims were elderly people unable to flee.

..."

Full story @ http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/E/EU_NETHERLANDS_MALL_SHOOTING?SITE=CAGRA&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

BlackTerrel
04-10-2011, 10:17 PM
I posted this earlier.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?286962-Gunman-kills-five-in-Dutch-shopping-mall-shooting

And I agree with you 100%. When guns are illegal - only criminals (and the government) have guns. The good citizens do not.

pcosmar
04-10-2011, 10:22 PM
and a stay at a psychiatric institution.

That, I expected. That they printed it , I did not.

Curious,
What medication had he been taking? and was he under the "care" of a psychiatrist?

Every mass shooter/suicide has a common denominator.
Not the guns, But Big Pharma and Mind fucking shrinks.

Wesker1982
04-10-2011, 10:55 PM
When guns are illegal - only criminals (and the bigger and more organized criminals) have guns.

fyp, and agreed :)

BlackTerrel
04-11-2011, 09:14 PM
fyp, and agreed :)

+1