PDA

View Full Version : Skiers/Snowboarders for Ron Paul

Primbs
10-25-2007, 11:54 AM
This young group fits the Ron Paul demographic for targeted voters. They are getting the snow ready in New Hampshire.

TexMac
10-25-2007, 11:59 AM
Passing out literature in lift lines? Boarding with Ron Paul bibs? Hmmm. My son (24 years old) is a snowboarder and RP supporter.

twister5400
10-25-2007, 12:03 PM
put a sticker on the front end of your board... every time you get on a lift, it's right there for everyone to see

DJ RP
10-25-2007, 12:06 PM
put a sticker on the front end of your board... every time you get on a lift, it's right there for everyone to see

Would be amazing to get one of those beautiful 'action shots' from like below a jump, the sun catching the white of the snow and just a boarder, in the moment, with RON PAUL 2008 on the bottom of his board and in the middle of the frame.

A postcard!!!

Primbs
10-25-2007, 12:22 PM
We will need some good signs on the way to the ski lifts.

Hundreds of thousand of people will be at the ski resorts over the upcoming school breaks.

Since California and Nevada are early primaries they should be targeted.

Most skiers, snowboarders and mountain bikers like the freedom message.

twister5400
10-25-2007, 12:45 PM
we need stickers on every lift pole, so that every time someone hops on a lift, each pole they pass says "vote for ron paul 2008"

twister5400
10-25-2007, 12:46 PM
i wish i was out in colorado again. i'd be on it... i took a year off of school last year and worked as a ski instructor in breckenridge. great experience

speciallyblend
10-25-2007, 12:54 PM
primbs too funny,i just got back from snowboarding and made a post and then i see you made a post too funny;) Good Vibes from the slopes for RON PAUL;) and im a 39yr old snowboarder;) though i ride 150 days a year every year,so i doubt the youngins could keep up;)

speciallyblend
10-25-2007, 12:55 PM
i wish i was out in colorado again. i'd be on it... i took a year off of school last year and worked as a ski instructor in breckenridge. great experience

Yo yo ,i just made a thread for snowboarders/skiers in colorado and for grassroots stories:) I ride copper mtn and all the resorts here,but only loveland/a-basin are open at the moment
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=28736

of course notice i have snowboarding first;),though i do ski to:)

TexMac
10-25-2007, 01:05 PM
This young group fits the Ron Paul demographic for targeted voters. They are getting the snow ready in New Hampshire.

How about a MeetUp?

I made this:

http://ronpaul.meetup.com/1180/?success=photoDefault

But it could be for the whole US or just state by state.

TexMac
10-25-2007, 01:06 PM
primbs too funny,i just got back from snowboarding and made a post and then i see you made a post too funny;) Good Vibes from the slopes for RON PAUL;) and im a 39yr old snowboarder;) though i ride 150 days a year every year,so i doubt the youngins could keep up;)Do you want to run a snowboarder for RP meetup?

speciallyblend
10-25-2007, 01:19 PM
Do you want to run a snowboarder for RP meetup?

I had a local meet-up that had 7 people,but i had some money issues and no one in the group stepped up to help keep it going so i let it go.

I love to spread Ron Pauls Message and passout flyers and talk till im blue in the face,but i just dont have the money to keep the costs of 19 bucks a month and various expenses,though i use every dollar i have to print flyers and i pass them out.I also donate some to the www.ronpaul2008.com or other chip ins.

I would love to plan and do some advertising here,but i have found it hard to get everyone together to donate to help,so in someways im frustrated because i dont have the funds,but i know from working on amendment 44 that we can get a majority vote for Ron Paul in my 3 counties and many more in Colorado.The front range meetup groups are doing a great job.

I try my best with what i have.
If i could find some help,id be more then glad to post my activities and plans and accounting,so others could see something Great happening in Summit/Eagle/Lake counties. I have alot of ideas for this area.I would love to share.I know this just by my flyering and talking,people love the message.I'm proud to do the foot work.

If others want to help,I know we could easily get 56% majority in all 3 counties where i roam;)

My wife is starting to get jealous,but she is a supporter:)

TexMac
10-25-2007, 01:23 PM
I could start another MeetUp and make you organizer if you want.

Do you have PayPal?

speciallyblend
10-25-2007, 01:35 PM
I could start another MeetUp and make you organizer if you want.

Do you have PayPal?

Yes i do have a paypal account
if you have yahoo im me under snowshoehippie

hopeforamerica
10-25-2007, 01:37 PM
I'll be in Telluride, hopefully in December. We are skiers, so we'll slap a bumper sticker on our skis and the back of our jackets! Great idea!!

speciallyblend
10-25-2007, 01:43 PM
I'll be in Telluride, hopefully in December. We are skiers, so we'll slap a bumper sticker on our skis and the back of our jackets! Great idea!!

Hope,i think my yahoo is on this forum,so if you ever want a late season in summit county,just drop me a line,k telluride rocks.

skiingff
10-25-2007, 01:55 PM
I've been a ski instructor for the last 2 ski seasons at Winterplace Ski Resort in Ghent/Flat Top, West Virginia.

I suggest including us skiers and not just snowboarders! We're cool too! :)

Primbs
10-25-2007, 02:01 PM
We will need some youtube videos also.

Much of Ron Paul's financial support comes from the west.

We need some Ron Paul Meet up groups in every ski resort.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=25584&highlight=donor

speciallyblend
10-25-2007, 02:35 PM
I've been a ski instructor for the last 2 ski seasons at Winterplace Ski Resort in Ghent/Flat Top, West Virginia.

I suggest including us skiers and not just snowboarders! We're cool too! :)

Thats why i said snowboarders/skiers, i also ski,we include not exclude;)