PDA

View Full Version : The ONLY way to guarantee Ron Paul is on the 2012 presidential ballot

bob-45
04-10-2011, 03:56 PM
I have been saying this for three years, but this needs to be repeated. The ONLY way we can guarantee Ron Paul is on the 2012 presidential ballot is to act IN ALL 50 states to reform ballot access laws. We MUST eliminate "sore loser" laws and put third party candidates on equal footing with the GOP and Democratic parties with regards to ballot access. These "ballot access" restrictions are unconstitutional because they provide a virtual monopoly to two PRIVATE organizations, the RNC and DNC at the other exclusion of independent voters.

We are running out of time. I have already contacted Governor Jesse Ventura and the office of Oklahoma Governor Mary Fallin (a distant cousin) regarding Oklahoma's "catch-22" ballot access law. Reforming ballot access will also act as a disincentive for GOP "dirty tricks" during next years primary.

So, let's get started; we have a lot of work to do.

acptulsa
04-10-2011, 04:08 PM
Heh. Good luck with your bailout-voting cuz. Oklahoma has the most difficult third party access in the nation, and we sure never got an ounce of traction in last year's state convention (R) on the subject of improvement...

What we need to do is convince these primary voters of the true fact that only Ron Paul can attract enough crossover and independent votes to win the general election. And we need to talk a lot of disgusted Democrats into changing their registration within a year.

IDefendThePlatform
04-10-2011, 04:25 PM
What we need to do is convince these primary voters of the true fact that only Ron Paul can attract enough crossover and independent votes to win the general election. And we need to talk a lot of disgusted Democrats into changing their registration within a year.

Yeah, I think the ability of RP to attract independents and the antiwar vote to beat Obama is probably our best selling point in the primary right now. Even more so than all of the obvious "he's been right on everything" talk (although that is good too)