PDA

View Full Version : Who Are Our Senate and House Candidates for 2012?

DeadheadForPaul
04-10-2011, 01:13 PM
Excuse my ignorance if the ball has already started rolling, but I was on hiatus from this place for a few months and didn't see anything directly related to this

Probably about the time to start getting things going early for our senate and house candidates - especially if they are starting from 0% and no name recognition like Rand did

Who are our Senate candidates in TN and Utah?

I'm really hoping that Chaffetz will challenge Hatch in Utah. Chaffetz is very young, charismatic, and salt of the earth (he sleeps on a cot in his office rather than spending $ on a luxurious apartment or condo!)

In addition, he's one of the more pro-liberty representatives in the House

TCE
04-10-2011, 02:27 PM
Excuse my ignorance if the ball has already started rolling, but I was on hiatus from this place for a few months and didn't see anything directly related to this

Probably about the time to start getting things going early for our senate and house candidates - especially if they are starting from 0% and no name recognition like Rand did

Who are our Senate candidates in TN and Utah?

I'm really hoping that Chaffetz will challenge Hatch in Utah. Chaffetz is very young, charismatic, and salt of the earth (he sleeps on a cot in his office rather than spending $ on a luxurious apartment or condo!)

In addition, he's one of the more pro-liberty representatives in the House

Right now, it looks like we have no candidates for anything. In Utah, I too was high on Chaffetz...until he voted for the PATRIOT Act renewal. He's better than Hatch, but for that vote, no way he is getting a dime of my money. In TN we should have someone, but I don't know of anyone.

RileyE104
04-10-2011, 03:01 PM
Right now, it looks like we have no candidates for anything.

Art Robinson for House in Oregon > Definitely running.

Drew Carey for Senate in Ohio > Has considered the run.

Jimmy Whales for Senate in Florida > No word yet, as far as I know. Just a draft campaign.

I would like to see John Dennis run for something again too.

gerryb
04-10-2011, 03:15 PM

Jimmy Whales for Senate in Florida > No word yet, as far as I know. Just a draft campaign.

Are these candidates all in your district?

We should be looking and organizing locally, not nationally, IMO. Or at least concentrating on adjacent districts where we can assist as boots on the ground.

sailingaway
04-10-2011, 03:20 PM
I wish BJ Lawson would move to North Dakota and run for Senate.....That is our kind of state. We need SOMEONE there....

Bergie Bergeron
04-10-2011, 03:26 PM
Robert Paul in Texas please !

t0rnado
04-10-2011, 03:28 PM
Jeff Flake in Arizona for the seat being vacated by Jon Kyl

Cale Case for Senate in Wyoming

Mike Doherty for Senate in NJ against Menendez

sailingaway
04-10-2011, 03:31 PM
Didn't Flake vote for the Patriot Act? It was something like that...I've been disappointed by him lately. The others I'll look into, though.

DeadheadForPaul
04-10-2011, 03:55 PM
In Utah, I too was high on Chaffetz...until he voted for the PATRIOT Act renewal.

WTF - I did not see that coming. He's been one of the few Repubs whom I trust on civil liberties

::rage face::

matt0611
04-10-2011, 04:09 PM
Robert Paul or Debra Medina for Texas
Amash for Michigan
Gary Johnson for New Mexico
Theres more, but theres a pretty good list for the senate in 2012 here:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?280445-Liberty-candidates-for-Senate-2012-the-definitive-list

TCE
04-10-2011, 04:14 PM

Not convinced that DeFazio can ever be dispensed of, even though Robinson came somewhat close. The Republican Wave aided Robinson greatly.

The last two no comment as of yet.

AJ Antimony
04-10-2011, 04:32 PM
Flake and Chaffetz would be HUGE upgrades and I believe we should support them. Are they ideal? Nope. They voted for the Patriot Act (or extensions), which sucks balls, but they would be the biggest upgrades requiring the least amount of work. For example, Flake still doesn't have a primary challenger! All of the toughest opponents for him are declining to run.

For how many times Flake and Chaffetz have voted with us, I think it would be STUPID to not support them. Then maybe, just maybe, we can get them to vote AGAINST the extensions next year.

DeadheadForPaul
04-10-2011, 04:51 PM
Flake and Chaffetz would be HUGE upgrades and I believe we should support them. Are they ideal? Nope. They voted for the Patriot Act (or extensions), which sucks balls, but they would be the biggest upgrades requiring the least amount of work. For example, Flake still doesn't have a primary challenger! All of the toughest opponents for him are declining to run.

For how many times Flake and Chaffetz have voted with us, I think it would be STUPID to not support them. Then maybe, just maybe, we can get them to vote AGAINST the extensions next year.

I agree - they are improvements, and I'd probably be willing to throw a few bucks their way. However, I'm not going to get fired up about them like I do for liberty candidates

TCE
04-10-2011, 04:54 PM
I agree - they are improvements, and I'd probably be willing to throw a few bucks their way. However, I'm not going to get fired up about them like I do for liberty candidates

This. It'll be interesting to see their liberty ratings for this Congress since the GOP is in charge, expect them to fall.

cindy25
04-10-2011, 10:24 PM

Flake would have no chance against Giffords in the general; isn't there any Goldwater who could run?