PDA

View Full Version : Colorado mom shocked to hear Obama quote her e-mail

aGameOfThrones
04-10-2011, 09:13 AM
Shalini Schane, of Longmont, said Saturday that she e-mailed the president a few days ago because she was worried the 50 eighth-graders from Altona Middle School would be shut out of landmarks on their trip, which was set to begin Sunday.

Obama directly quoted one passage from the e-mail: "Remember, the future of this country is not for us. It's for our children."

He closed by saying, "Today we acted on behalf of our children's future. And next week, when 50 eighth graders from Colorado arrive in our nation's capital, I hope they get a chance to look up at the Washington Monument and feel the sense of pride and possibility that defines America — a land of many that has always found a way to move forward as one."

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2011-04-09-obama-email_N.htm

acptulsa
04-10-2011, 09:17 AM
What a wonderful civics lesson it would be for those kids to see this woman get redress for grievances for being quoted without attribution.

RM918
04-10-2011, 09:52 AM
Oh! How horrible! If we were to do something like be fiscally responsible, quit indebting ourselves and avert bringing on a total economic collapse, some kids might not be able to see a couple monuments because the goddamned evil fuckers running the things would target them for shutdown ON PURPOSE so people would notice.

I'm sure when those kids, and their kids, grow up and have to suffer and die with the ridiculous fucking mess we've left them, they'll be so thankful they got to see the Washington Monument.

aGameOfThrones
04-10-2011, 09:57 AM
Oh! How horrible! If we were to do something like be fiscally responsible, quit indebting ourselves and avert bringing on a total economic collapse, some kids might not be able to see a couple monuments because the goddamned evil fuckers running the things would target them for shutdown ON PURPOSE so people would notice.

I'm sure when those kids, and their kids, grow up and have to suffer and die with the ridiculous fucking mess we've left them, they'll be so thankful they got to see the Washington Monument.

Right! Current and future indebtedness is less important than going to the f*cking Washington monument.

acptulsa
04-10-2011, 10:00 AM
The San Jacinto Monument is taller. And state-run. And you can visit the last remaining dreadnought in the world while you're there.

Freedom 4 all
04-10-2011, 10:03 AM
In all fairness, a lot of people use that phrase. It's a fairly common parlance.

angelatc
04-10-2011, 10:17 AM
The solution is to pull the guards off the monument and leave the doors unlocked. Problem solved. Or sell the damned thing to a private company and let the kiddies pay admission.

muzzled dogg
04-10-2011, 10:20 AM
Borrowing from our children to save our asses

surf
04-10-2011, 10:35 AM
they read emails?

i find this surprising - i asked Obama to stop blowing everything up and killing people. will this be quoted by the big O?

(and out of respect for Oscar Robertson, this is the last time i will call him the big O)

aGameOfThrones
04-10-2011, 10:35 AM
Justin Amash: Our country has brighter days ahead if people are willing to stand up and say "no" to the recklessness of our federal government. Every American owes more than $45,000 in national debt. It's yours, no matter how much you try to disclaim it. The 1% we will cut from our budget—and your debt—will be overtaken by spending increases so quickly that it never will be realized. We must wake up now. It is almost too late.

Source: Facebook page.

pcosmar
04-10-2011, 10:40 AM
Was this her?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qh2sWSVRrmo