PDA

View Full Version : Free Country Project

Michael P
04-09-2011, 09:17 PM
I love the Free State Project but it seems limited unless New Hampshire secedes from the Union. What if like minded people moved and gained citizenship to a small country? St Kitts & Nevis for example have a population of only about 50,000. If 10-15k like minded people moved in and gained citizenship they would create a majority since less than half the population votes. It would obviously need an incredible amount of money and organization but could also include people from all over the world and not just the US.

It might be the only real chance of "Liberty in our lifetime"

Just an idea I had today while completely losing faith in humanity...

acptulsa
04-09-2011, 09:21 PM
Just an idea I had today while completely losing faith in humanity...

LOL. Well, this isn't the first 'Galt's Island' thread we've had here, though it is the first in some time. But I don't think all faith in humanity has eroded away just yet...

low preference guy
04-09-2011, 09:23 PM
I think the FSP has more chances. People out of state taking over is not seen as bad by the natives as foreigners trying to take over.

Michael P
04-09-2011, 09:28 PM
I think the FSP has more chances. People out of state taking over is not seen as bad by the natives as foreigners trying to take over.

Good point. I also want to point out I am not trying to slight the FSP, like i said i love it, I was just thinking about taking it a step further. I know it's a pipe dream but would be incredible to see executed.

Live_Free_Or_Die
04-09-2011, 11:12 PM
Dropping the "r" in country would be a more reasonable strategic assessment.

BuddyRey
04-10-2011, 08:38 AM
There are several islands and outlying territories owned by the U.S. but completely unoccupied, even by military personnel. Jarvis, Howland, and Baker Islands seem like great candidates for a free island movement, though we would have to arrive by sea.

Icymudpuppy
04-10-2011, 10:12 AM
There are several islands and outlying territories owned by the U.S. but completely unoccupied, even by military personnel. Jarvis, Howland, and Baker Islands seem like great candidates for a free island movement, though we would have to arrive by sea.

They're equitorial so could grow veggies year round in theory, but how's the soil and weather? If the ground is too acidic as common on Volcanic islands, then they won't sustain much. Also, if it gets frequent typhoons or other extreme weather, it may not grow well either. Making life there totally dependent on imports. Since modern cargo ships don't need to refuel between Australia and America, there's really no reason to establish the territory as a refueling stop, so I'm not sure what could be offered to trade.

cameronb
04-13-2011, 05:31 PM
"seems limited unless New Hampshire secedes" -- that is unless Nullification can continue to gain momentum.

I admit the idea of starting anew with like-minded liberty seekers does hold appeal, but I still hold out hope it can work on a local, county, or state level. Get enough like-minded people in one county, with an emphasis on self-sufficiency, get the right sheriff who will stand up to federal agents.... that kind of thing can create a domino effect, take on a life of its own...