PDA

View Full Version : Millions of Mexican citzens marched against the "War On Drugs" last week.

Anti Federalist
04-09-2011, 09:08 PM
6 April 2011.

What, you didn't hear about it?

What a shock...neither did I.

And This Is What History Looks Like in Mexico

Posted by Al Giordano - April 7, 2011 at 11:38 am
By Al Giordano

http://narcosphere.narconews.com/thefield/4372/and-what-history-looks-mexico

Yesterday, multitudes took to the streets in more than 40 Mexican cities - and in protests by Mexicans and their friends at consulates and embassies in Europe, North America and South America - to demand an end to the violence wrought by the US-imposed "war on drugs."

What? You haven't heard about this? Or if you have heard something about it, did you know that it is the biggest news story in the Mexican media, on the front page of virtually every daily newspaper in the country?

A sea change has occurred in Mexican public opinion. The people have turned definitively against the use of the Mexican Army to combat against drug traffickers. The cry from every city square yesterday was for the Army to return to its barracks and go back to doing the job it was formed to do; protect Mexico from foreign invasion and provide human aid relief in case of natural disasters such as earthquakes and hurricanes. Since President Felipe Calderón unleashed the Armed Forces, four years ago, to combat drug trafficking organizations, the violence between it and the competing narco organizations has led to a daily body count, widespread human rights abuses against civilians, and more than 40,000 deaths, so many of them of innocent civilians caught in the crossfire and used by all sides in the armed conflict that still has no winners, that never will have any winner.

South Park Fan
04-09-2011, 09:43 PM
It's heartwarming to see that some people wish to get their country out of a war with such devastation. It's too bad that Americans are largely isolated from the carnage of our state's wars in the Middle East and Central Asia.

heavenlyboy34
04-09-2011, 09:47 PM
It's heartwarming to see that some people wish to get their country out of a war with such devastation. It's too bad that Americans are largely isolated from the carnage of our state's wars in the Middle East and Central Asia.
Yep. Kind of ironic that such a large buffer from Old world conflict that at first glance should keep the Americans out of stupid foreign affairs/conflict would not only not prevent American regime from meddling abroad, but take it to extremes.

RileyE104
04-09-2011, 10:46 PM
I found a video but I can't understand it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z84MRsFPz10

We should ship Spanish versions of Ron Paul debating the war on drugs to these protesters!!! :D

CaseyJones
04-10-2011, 01:49 PM
bump

acptulsa
04-10-2011, 01:58 PM
Yep. Kind of ironic that such a large buffer from Old world conflict that at first glance should keep the Americans out of stupid foreign affairs/conflict would not only not prevent American regime from meddling abroad, but take it to extremes.

Don't forget Mexico. Why do you think we're not hearing about this newsworthy event? Our war on drugs is a war on every nation from Mexico to Colombia.

Wolfgang Bohringer
04-10-2011, 02:24 PM
I found a video but I can't understand it...

We should ship Spanish versions of Ron Paul debating the war on drugs to these protesters!!! :D

We should ship Ron Paul himself and ourselves to participate in the protests:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?287080-Ron-Paul-amp-All-of-Us-Should-Go-to-Mexico-and-Join-the-Protests

Its just as cheap as flying to Iowa or New Hampshire and way cheaper than flying to Israel.

Knightskye
04-10-2011, 04:14 PM
Awesome.