PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Know Why Ron Didn't Vote On The Budget?

anaconda
04-09-2011, 05:32 PM
Can't find any comment. He appears to have been absent for the vote. Just curious. I would have thought he would have wanted to be on the record with a "nay."

http://blogs.ajc.com/jamie-dupree-washington-insider/2011/04/09/who-voted-no/?cxntfid=blogs_jamie_dupree_washington_insider

anaconda
04-09-2011, 10:33 PM
bump.

sailingaway
04-09-2011, 10:46 PM
Someone said he was at a fundraiser, but he was also supposed to be on freedomwatch last night, and wasn't and was supposed to be on a Fox show w/ Palin tonight, but wasn't. I haven't seen anything on the internet about it though.

justinc.1089
04-09-2011, 10:55 PM
He was meeting with the Builderberg group.:eek:

(Just kidding!!!!!!)

torchbearer
04-09-2011, 11:00 PM
Ron and I usually have long conversation via phone almost everynight, but he hasn't called in the last couple of days. You may need to ask him yourself.

anaconda
04-09-2011, 11:03 PM
Ron and I usually have long conversation via phone almost everynight, but he hasn't called in the last couple of days. You may need to ask him yourself.

He's got me on hold..

Galileo Galilei
04-09-2011, 11:04 PM
He is at a secret meeting with Huckabee, Palin, Romney, and Rand. Ron is going to run first. If Ron wins the Iowa straw poll, Palin, Huckabee and Romney will endorse Ron. But if Ron gets second, Ron will drop out and Rand will jump in, then he will be endorsed by Palin, Huckabee, and Romney after Rand wins the Iowa Caucus.

Bergie Bergeron
04-09-2011, 11:05 PM
He's busy chasing the UFO found by the FBI.

torchbearer
04-09-2011, 11:06 PM
He's got me on hold..

DO you think he's just trying to avoid you or is Obama on the other line wanting to know the same thing?

anaconda
04-09-2011, 11:07 PM
I just don't understand why he would miss a vote that is so closely aligned with his policy platform. Also, I could see some troll like Romney saying in a debate "Those are pretty strong words on fiscal responsibility coming from someone who didn't even bother to cast a vote on the budget bill"...or something like that..

anaconda
04-09-2011, 11:09 PM
He's busy chasing the UFO found by the FBI.

Ah! He's hanging out with Dennis Kucinich again..

anaconda
04-09-2011, 11:10 PM
DO you think he's just trying to avoid you or is Obama on the other line wanting to know the same thing?

I've been on hold for four days.

torchbearer
04-09-2011, 11:10 PM
I just don't understand why he would miss a vote that is so closely aligned with his policy platform. Also, I could see some troll like Romney saying in a debate "Those are pretty strong words on fiscal responsibility coming from someone who didn't even bother to cast a vote on the budget bill"...or something like that..

generally, the votes are already known before they are cast.
the bill didn't pass by one vote, so in a way.. it doesn't really matter. the guy has been dealing with these retards for 20 years. i'm pretty sure he knew how it was going to end.

specsaregood
04-09-2011, 11:12 PM

It was a vote for a 1week budget that was guaranteed to pass and late at night....he probably figured why bother.

torchbearer
04-09-2011, 11:16 PM
I've been on hold for four days.

I think that answers the question. try calling back from someone else's cellphone. you might get him that way.

cindy25
04-09-2011, 11:22 PM
It was a vote for a 1week budget that was guaranteed to pass and late at night....he probably figured why bother.

that doesn't explain standing up Fox twice.

acptulsa
04-09-2011, 11:23 PM

Who stood whom up?

specsaregood
04-09-2011, 11:25 PM

I wasn't addressing that.